Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New motor on 6s..... Scorpion or Align 600XL

I think it's time to replace the 600L motor in my 600. I see Align has a new 1700KV XL motor available, but at the same time I've heard good things about the Scorpion....Catch is I have 5 --- 6S batteries and am wanting to stay with these and the 75A ESC....

HELP ~~~~ I have the GRANDRC website open and an itchy finger !!

Thanks,
Mark

PS....If you suggest a scorpion, Please specify which model on 6S
MarkFlysHelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2009, 06:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Another choice is the Align 650L, which I think is a much better motor than the 600XL. I've been running mine w/ the stock 75A ESC and not had any overheating issues. Keep in mind that I'm no 3D master, just a sport flyer. I'm currently using a 14T pinion and while the headspeed is about the same as the stock setup, it doesn't bog as easily. I hear that this motor is pretty good on 15T, but I'm afraid that'll be too much for the 75A ESC.
j bomb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 10:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have tried three motors
the two early Aligns 1600kv and 1700kv
and the Scorpion 1100kv

the scorpion is the best of the three

Old 04-07-2009, 12:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

how many cycles do ya got on them 6s packs? that scorpion motor is really pushing them! the last min in flight i can hear the power loss.. stick it on 8s baby, mine flies great with 4.5 min flights on 4000mah packs.

MarkFlysHelis- if you want to stick with 6s and the 75 amp esc get an XL motor or the new 650l. the align motors run hot, but i think are best for 6s lipos. i tried my scorpion motor on 6s for a few flights and my lipos hit high temps even in 40 degree weather. the 8s packs barely break a sweat now.
eightythree is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2009, 07:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Eight in series is the whole point of he setup. I am running it on 6S since I have the packs. I wish I had the resources to grab half a dozen 8S packs and take a week off and set it up, and fly the poop out of it, but alas, that is not the case. That pack was the newer of my two Outrage 5000 25Cs. I have been very happy with them, the second has 80 cycles, and it is still going strong. In fact, I have been so happy with them that they are the packs I am looking to get in 8S. I will probably get the 4200mAH, it seem to be the correct size and weight.

Back on the OP's quest to find a good 6S motor, this 4025-1100 is fine on the stock ESC, I ran it for a couple of weeks. I ran the stock ESC at 100% and had a 16 tooth pinion on there, HS was 2150 and the thing had good pop! Both setups I was getting pack temps around 125* after 4 minuets of the type of flying I did in the video, the Castle manages the power better, and it has opened my eyes to Governed ESCs. I don't think I can go back, I have added a Castle too my 250 and I am shopping for more 500 next
Old 04-07-2009, 09:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

sweet. actually, the outrage packs do perform better than the old TP V2 packs. i flew my TP back to back against a friends OUTRAGE last year and i can tell the difference in HS and power

go with the 4200s on 8s.. i wish i had the funds for them packs. i settled for off brands that were like 100 bucks less each.
eightythree is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in