Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New to DX6i?

Hello, I will be getting a DX6i this weekend to use with my MCPX. Can you use two different Heli model settings for the same Heli? I want to have the 3D settings for me in one model and beginner settings in another for my son. Can you switch back and forth binding to the same Heli?

Thanks Scott
66 Coronet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66 Coronet View Post
Hello, I will be getting a DX6i this weekend to use with my MCPX. Can you use two different Heli model settings for the same Heli? I want to have the 3D settings for me in one model and beginner settings in another for my son. Can you switch back and forth binding to the same Heli?

Thanks Scott
In short, no.

If you both have different models programmed into the DX6i, you need to re-bind each time you use a different DX6i model with the same heli.

You can bind multiple heli's to the same model (1 pilot, 2 helis).

Another solution is if you only fly 3D with the mCPX (100% throttle, 100% DR), you can assign stunt mode in the model for you and have your sun using normal. The DR/expo can also switch on flight mode. mCPX has a soft start, so disengaging TH and flying is fine.

Hope this clarifies things.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for your response. Ok say if I had Model 1 set to my settings and Model 2 set to my sons. I could bind with Model 1 and fly the Heli. If my son wanted to fly I could just rebind with Model 2 his settings. I would like to keep my own settings in Norm and Idle up. Does that make sense?

Scott
Old 12-05-2013, 10:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Thanks for your response. Ok say if I had Model 1 set to my settings and Model 2 set to my sons. I could bind with Model 1 and fly the Heli. If my son wanted to fly I could just rebind with Model 2 his settings. I would like to keep my own settings in Norm and Idle up. Does that make sense?
Yes. That would work (and makes sense).

(You could also get your son an mCPX for christmas , but then you would probably want another DX6i too )
Old 12-06-2013, 02:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Why not just have one model set in the TX and have some sedate settings in Normal mode and some aggressive settings for IU ?

When your son wants to fly he would just stick to normal mode and when you fly ..... you would take off in normal mode and switch over to IU once out of the hover.

Saves the hassle of having to rebind each time.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbells View Post
Why not just have one model set in the TX and have some sedate settings in Normal mode and some aggressive settings for IU ?

When your son wants to fly he would just stick to normal mode and when you fly ..... you would take off in normal mode and switch over to IU once out of the hover.

Saves the hassle of having to rebind each time.
nbells, I think this was answered by the OP.

Quote:
.... I would like to keep my own settings in Norm and Idle up. Does that make sense?
Old 12-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
DPW
Registered Users

Cool 250-model memory is it enough

I set up all my helis with two models one 3D one mellow or tame settings.
I do have to rebind
Why?
When I let others fly my birds it makes sure I can prevent any crashes.
but
With a 10-model memory I have the room for exta tame or experimental settings
Now
I guess once I own 20 or 30 helis I will have to conserve but by that time I will own a Dx9 and have 250-model memory radio.
Ya know
That is a limitation with radios once you bind to a radio you should be able to change to a 2nd or 3rd model with out rebinding. It seems that feature could be added to the update radios. Just let the bind sections of the program work for mufti models.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

I believe the feature of only letting a receiver bind to a single model in a single transmitter is a safety feature. Prevents you from trying to fly a model with incorrect transmitter settings (or binding to another persons model). Helps prevent hijacking, signal loss and signal scrambling.

This does not prevent you from binding multiple receivers to the same model in the same transmitter (my two nano's are bound to the same model in my DX8 TX).

So:
- One TX model to many physical models - OK
- One physical models to many TX models - BAD

Spectrum binding makes the RX lock onto the TX signal and store it's ID in it's non-volatile memory. While in bind mode on the TX, the TX output signal is changed to allow any RX which is in bind mode to read the TX ID and lock onto the signal. Once the RX has the ID, it will look for it. The TX in normal mode outputs the ID as part of each outgoing packet (may also be used for packet encoding, but have not analysed the signal to break DSMX coding (even though some Russian hackers did many months ago)).

Preference is still usually to have a separate TX model for every physical model. This way trims, sub-trims and other fine tuning parameters unique to each model are stored. (With the nano, there is no trim, sub-trim or TA : the DR,expo,throttle,pitch and mixes are the same).

Hope this helps people.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replies. I used to fly a Concept 30 over 20 years ago. I am getting back into flying Heli's again. I am still learning about this new radio technology, well at least new to me!

Thanks Again,
Scott

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in