Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Helicopters

Electric Helicopters Dedicated to larger than Micro/Mini Electric Helicopters of any Brand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 02:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Which helicopter should I buy?

Looking to buy my first 3d helicopter.. Are any of these good? Or would you recommend something else that's better in that price range? Under $300.

Art-Tech Falcon 450 Pro V4

BlitzRCWorks Tornado V2

BlitzRCWorks Raven 450X CCPM

HeliPro Black Hawk 450 Special Pro Edition

HeliPro Black Hawk 450 Special Pro Edition
whuh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2011, 07:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

OR

Build a Hx 450.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

sense banana hobby has the worst rep ever for a vendor, i wouldnt buy anything you listed from them.
i dont know how they stay in business, i cant even count how many bad reports they have received at the BBB.

whats a hx?
Old 07-31-2011, 09:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I was reading all the bad reviews after I posted but I found them at other places as well. I think I'm now mainly between the art tech falcon 450 and the hK 450 (i wrote hx before on accident lol).. heres the hk , its a t rex clone, with everything i need it comes to about $300 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
Old 07-31-2011, 09:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

how about for a penny more and cheaper/faster shipping, you look at this http://www.xheli.com/18h18-exi450pro-belt.html
much better quality and if you have a issue, you get alot faster service. just saying.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast400 View Post
how about for a penny more and cheaper/faster shipping, you look at this http://www.xheli.com/18h18-exi450pro-belt.html
much better quality and if you have a issue, you get alot faster service. just saying.
Thanks man.. ill look into that one too...What makes that better then the hk 450? Isn't the exi a t rex clone too? I have no clue about rc heli's so I dont really know what makes one better then the other.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by whuh View Post
Thanks man.. ill look into that one too...What makes that better then the hk 450? Isn't the exi a t rex clone too? I have no clue about rc heli's so I dont really know what makes one better then the other.
yep, the EXI brand is a t-rex compatible 450 and 500 class helis.
the EXI`s just seem to have a better over all fit and finish.
one huge plus for the EXI`s? they are in california. so shipping is never over 5 working days to anywhere in the USA.

its your money, if the HK is what you want then by all means get one. i was only giving you another/better option to look at.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi.I really can't speak for hk but I did buy the exi pro carbon belt 450 and have around 50 flights on it with only 2 crashes totaling about 15 dollars in repair cost.I. followed the build vids by finles bob and the exi flies great.it too is my first cp heli and when correctly set up it is very stable.I have it set up to where if no wind can hover hands off for a short time before I have to take control.parts are compatible with align 450 witch makes it easy to get parts.good luck!
brianka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Another vote for the EXI. Good quality, fair price, and there in the states.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep xheli , they stand by their products . Another that is in the USA is wow hobbies , they have the copter x line. By far either copter x or the exi, hk seems always a step behind with the so called 450 pro . Their pro is really the sport for the same price as the real exi or copter x pro.
jombo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2011, 03:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe a little late this comment, perhaps you have already ordered your new heli, but just to mention it I have tried a few clones in the 450 pro category I have the Copter-X 450pro TT from ehirobo & the EXI 450 pro from x-heli, a big minus for you is that shipping from HK will probably be much higher than from California and I admit the support from ehirobo is awful, but besides that I would recomend the copter-x heli over EXI just small difference's but overall my copter-x had a better fit overall, but then again, many say that the Hobbyking,x-heli & hirobo versions are all made in the same factory, so in the end maybe the overall quality is all up to how lucky you are.

Just a small edit, I have as mentioned above tried a few clones and of course the quality is worse than T-rex, but as a newbe a cheap heli is prefered over a nice quality heli, but what I wanted to mention was that I hope you have the budget to buy pretty good electronics, I have tried HK's 3$ servos for cyclic in my V2 and now Hitec servos in my pro (HS-65MG's), must say that it hurt to pay 10times as much per servo but after tried both I must say that it is worth spending a little extra on servos and gyro.
P.s. my rating of the cheap gyro's , hobbyking 401B 3/10,Assan GA-410 2/10, E-sky EK2-0704B 2/10, Dragonsky GY401B 6/10

Last edited by TenDo; 09-15-2011 at 03:50 AM.. Reason: Something to add..
TenDo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in