Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 05:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade SRX is a reality (Blade 300X)!

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=380079

and it has a belt driven tail!
DX8
rbader1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 07:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally!!! Hats off to ya Blade.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
Finally!!! Hats off to ya Blade.
Mo J, how long have you been asking for that spec?

Yesterday I thought, right I've got all of the heli's that I need for now,,,,,,,,

One good thing, the wife has just spent some money on some antique vases, so she can't argue!
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No joke!! Hahaha, looks cool! This indeed is what the BSR SHOULD have been!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

BOOM!!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ooo, think I might have to give that some consideration. I wonder (naturally) how retro-fittable that tail system would be to the standard SR?
Loonie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loonie View Post
Ooo, think I might have to give that some consideration. I wonder (naturally) how retro-fittable that tail system would be to the standard SR?
Bet we will find out soon knowing someone on here will have to give it a try. Can't wait to see if they will have the tail assembly listed as one replacement part and what the price will be. But my guess would be you will have to buy every part and put it together at an outrageous price.
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.Honda HS928K1TA
olemil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Too bad they didn't have a rx ready/beastx unit only version. Would be sweet to plug in a sbus receiver and go.
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.Honda HS928K1TA
olemil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loonie View Post
I that there may be too many differences to make a swap viable, looking at the photos, my guess is that you need to whole tail assembly, the main frame is different and no doubt the main shaft would need modifying, still would be fun

Funny, I bought a shell of a Honey Bee King 2, to try to use the tail, belt and pulley, on my old SR frame, I also want to make it FBL, it would end up looking like this new 300X
The strange thing is, even tough it came with a frame it didn't want to use the HB frame, as I wanted a SR FBL with belt tail

But seriously, have a look at the Honey Bee King 3, it looks so close to this new 300X, if you pick up the parts cheaply, use the SR electronics, maybe even the SR head if you prefer not to mess about with FBL, that would be a start
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just posted a similar question about using blade300x parts to upgrade the SR on the main forum I think in hindsight it would have been more appropriate here. Can one of the mods move my thread to the SR forum?
jellybellypunjab is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The end of the SR is nigh
nbells is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 01:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok so you SR guys were kind enough to save me from buying a SR and talked me into a MCPX. Now I am wondering how do you guys think this 300x will fair in a crash? If anyone on here knows anything about ditching, fixing and modding a bird of this size it is you SR owners . So ya what do you guys see as the weak point of this 300x?
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 01:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

EDIT: double post........ laggy server!
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 06:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blades, main shaft, spindle, center hub, possibly grips, boom. Depends on the crash really, being that there's lots of plastic that can break you could have a long list of parts needed after a bad crash. Then again you could get luck and only need a few parts. I highly doubt you're gonna have many run ins with the ground that don't involve some parts being broken.

For what it's worth, fixing these helis isn't that hard really. The first time can be intimidating but once you he past that and just do it you realize it's nothing to worry about.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried to convert my crashed B400 last year to a belt drive SR with B400 electronics, cut down chassis (ok, snapped in half chassis ), Beast X, 1300 lipo. Couldn't source a shorter drive belt or work out tail gearing etc. so shelved it.
Just an idea for someone who can't wait for 300X and might have a source for custom belts and fancies a bit of a project.
helibadger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

[quoteNow I am wondering how do you guys think this 300x will fair in a crash?][/quote]

Once you leave the class of micro helis behind (mCPx,MSR, etc.), you can pretty much expect real damage to a machine that has a mix of metal and plastic parts in the event of a crash. It will amaze you at what you can break from a seemingly little crash. And then when you have done your assessment and think you are done you find the main frames are cracked and you have to take the whole thing apart.

There is no amount of simulator flying that can prepare you for flying the real thing. This is part of the hobby now and always.
meowguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I have a trex 250 super combo that I really like.
What would be the reason to buy one of these? (Just so I have some ammo with the wife)
vrex01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's a toughie. Not sure how'd you sell it in that case, she probably doesn't care that it's FBL.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbells View Post
The end of the SR is nigh
Hopefully they will retain the SR. I see the 300X as a different machine for a different purpose. The pricing is considerably different and likely to appeal to different market segments. The tail motor has its disadvantages, but repairs and adjustments are far easier and it will still fly with a pretty beat up tail boom.

I am excited about the 300X though, I like the size of the SR and hopefully it will retain all of the good and fix the bad of the SR.

-Chocula
Chocula is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the 300X is long over due and a great deal to boot. I fly 2 heli's with the micro beast on them, a 450 pro and a t rex 600. Both fly great and so should the 300x. The way I look at it the micro beast plus the rx is around 250ish and the whole 300x is 379 msp. That means you are getting a heli with servo's, motor, esc, blades and battery for 130 or so........I think that is a great deal. I also fly my logo 500 with Mikado's V bar. At great system, but the basic cost was 330.00 and then 45.00 to upgrade to the pro software.....very good, but costly. I am thinking (hoping) the prices will start to drop soon. I am not as excited about the 500 because there are a lot of 500 out there to choose from, but very few 300 size. And since I love this size heli......I am excited.
Setting up the micro beast is easier than setting up a stock SR for an experienced pilot. FLB is much easier to fly and is much more stable......so it will be easier for the newer pilot. Like most things E-flite, guys like us will get a hold of it and start to make mods so if it is not perfect....we will work on it. I have spent more time trying to over come the motored tail of the CP/SR's than all of my other heli's combined. So to my old friend the SR......Sorry to see you go, might keep one up on the shelf to remember the old times, but "See ya"....there is a new girl in town and I can't wait!!! .....J

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in