Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default No lift after sitting in the case

Here's a weird one:

I got my mcpx early this year, and it had the orange kbdd blades on it. I set it up and flew it successfully many times, but then I had to put it aside for a bit as we put our house on the market and I had my hands full with that. I packed it in my case (one of those pick and pluck ones) and set it aside for a few weeks.

Tonight I got it back out again and went to fly it in the yard. I set it on the ground and spooled it up but it would not lift off. I have rudder and collective control, and I can see it get light on the skids, but no lift off.

Tomorrow I'll check the zero pitch and pitch range, anything else I should look at? Anyone ever heard of a heli that lost its ability to fly just sitting on the shelf?
racekarl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make sure the main gear is pushed all the way up.
John 3:16
Trex 500-scorpion,CC,hitec,3500G(tail)
450 Pro-scorpion,CC,hitec,9650(tail)
Mcpx V2
DX7
Liposition is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you perhaps left your batteries fully charged for a few weeks then they could very well be the problem.

Thes mCPX heli are hard on LiPolys . If yo normal get a 5 min. flight then athat is an average 12C discharge rate, a 4 min. flight is an average 12C discharge rate and a 3-1/2 min flight s is a 17C average discharge rate. The Lipolys in a heli never get to loaf around at 1/4 to 1/2 loads like they do in aircraft. Leaving them fully charged causes their internal resistence to increase faster and this in turn effectively turns a higher C rated LIPoly in o a lower C one.
everydayflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had a similar experience. I am going to do another zero pitch then if that doesn't work, install the bullet blades.
Soundlzrd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 01:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What state were the batteries in when you set it aside for a few weeks ? If you store lipos fully charged they deteriorate, not just discharge, they actually get permanently damaged so that they can provide less power even when charged again.
UKHeliBob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 06:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check to make sure your servos are all pluged in ALL the way. My aft servo is always getting snagged on something. Most of the time it's snags on stuff like grass, bushes, and concrete. It has come off on the case too though.
Walkera 4#3B V2
Raptor 30 V2
Brids1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would suggest that you do the zero pitch check, and also check your main shaft, see if the locking collar had moved and also check the main gear is all the way pushed in. Had a similar problem before, only difference was it happened after a crash.
Atom500(FBL)., Gaui x4II (FBL) ;Trex450 sport (FBL). All with Ikon fbl gyro. AMA#1019423.

Tony .
tony521 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe it is bound in non computerized TX mode, why TX?

Danny H.
"SUPER-STROKER" is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, I did a quick zero pitch check by folding the blades and confirming that they are level at mid stick. I also confirmed that they appear to have good range of motion both positive and negative pitch. Still no lift off...

I did store the batteries fully charged; I only have the eflite charger so I can't set a storage charge and I figured that was safer than storing them discharged. It's only been since march, can they deteriorate that fast? The blades sound like they're spinning at full speed but I have no proof of that other than the sound.

I'm loathe to take of the orange blades since they're so easy to see (I'm still very new at this) but I think that's the next step

Thanks for all the replies!
racekarl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would definitely try rebinding and then checking all of the connectors to the board.

Are all of the servos moving correctly when you give Tx commands?

The batteries should be fine. I've left mine in charged/discharge for months without major loss of power.
dahli.llama is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in