Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2016, 06:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 4S on 460mx 1800kv motor?

Hi. Can I use 4S lipo on this motor?
Thanks in Advance!!
pit_helis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2016, 12:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, it should be perfectly fine.
You'll have much lower head speed however...but longer flight times.
GodsLt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2016, 05:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsLt View Post
Yes, it should be perfectly fine.
You'll have much lower head speed however...but longer flight times.
Thanks GodsLt, I'll get either Align or Scorpion.
pit_helis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2016, 05:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Forza 450 with NTM 1700 Kv & Scorpion 2520- 1880 Kv

Howdy Mates From Windy As Bali Indo

I use the Revo 2530- 435 Blend 40 C Batts ( Only charged to 4.30 Per Cell)
Spinning RJX 360 and The Align 360 (Which are alot heavier)
Hobby Wing 60 Amp V-4 Gov and sometimes use the Sk Gov
Switch between 14 to 15 & 16 T Pinions

Getting down to 1800 RPM (Mild 3-D , Big Air Loops , Lots of Sport Flying)
12 Min Fights (Easy Peasy)

Getting Up to 3600 RPM ( Banging them sticks so hard the XG-8 needs lube 2) 4 Min Flights and I am Exhausted and so close to piling this little Bach in
I stop and land

4S is Da BOMB Mates

I also Have a Forza on 3S & 6S

4S is Da BOMB Mates

Well this is what I think and like
Falung_69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2016, 01:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default RCX Motors?

Hey guys. I have not heard much about anyone using RCX motors in helis. I have had really good luck using 2208 size motors in my 330 size quadcopter running 4s batteries.

To keep my post short, I want to be able to use my same 4s batteries in my 450 size helicopter build. I'm trying to piece together electronics.

What do you guys think of this RCX motor?

http://www.myrcmart.com/rcx-h2218-25...li-p-6881.html

They come in may different speeds and I'll get the right KV when I know what gear and pinion setup Ill be getting. But overall has anyone used an RCX motor in a heli?
Unihiron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2016, 12:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

It all depends what headspeeds you're targeting.
A 2500KV motor seems about right for a 450. There's no reason why it wouldn't work.

That said, what 4S batteries would you like to run? If I'm not mistaken 1800mah seems to be the max for a typical Align 450?

On my chase 360 (not a "450") I could theoretically fit up to a 2200mah battery...but the battery tray is bigger than a 450.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It all depends what headspeeds you're targeting.
A 2500KV motor seems about right for a 450. There's no reason why it wouldn't work.

That said, what 4S batteries would you like to run? If I'm not mistaken 1800mah seems to be the max for a typical Align 450?

On my chase 360 (not a "450") I could theoretically fit up to a 2200mah battery...but the battery tray is bigger than a 450.
These are the batteries I have 4s 1600mah::
http://www.multicopterbatteries.com/...45c-90c-xt-60/

I'm looking to build a Gaui X3 for my first heli. These batteries should mount according to the website measurements.

I have read that a good headspeed is about 3000rpm give or take for 450 size helis on the forums. The 2500KV motor seems to work nicely with the pinion options for the Gaui according to my research. This will be my first "big" heli so I'll have to walk before I can run. I just want enough headspeed to do mild flips and handle inverted flight transitions as I practice orientation and inverted flight in real life.

According the Dark Horse Headspeed Calculator I should get my target headspeed using the right gear and pinion all the way down to storage voltage. I know they are just estimates but basically I've learned that anything around 3000RPM is generally ok. Please correct me if any of my logic is faulty. This will be my first build but I plan to grow into the heli as I get better. I use a simulator almost daily, I have a v977 trainer heli and a custom 330 size quadcopter that's set up to fly like a fixed pitch heli..(no auto leveling/rescue mode).

At my flying field there are not many heli guys at all, so I'm kinda on my own with choosing electronics until they can have time to make sure my build is safe. Long story short, I'm trying to save $ by using the batteries I already have. No one else has a 4s setup. I hope I'm on the right track.

Last edited by Unihiron; 05-12-2016 at 04:18 AM..
Old 05-14-2016, 04:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does anyone have input or a comment ?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2016, 06:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

since no one has answered you. I'll try to help you.

You have chosen the Gaui X3, Gaui has a great forum here on HF best asking there: https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=334

you'll get a proper and quicker response.
gimbleguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2016, 08:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey,
If you have ran through the setup with the headspeed calculator, I think you should be to go! believe it or not, setting up the electronics for a helicopter is surprisingly easier than it sounds. Find the motor's KV, find the correct pinion and a battery that fits and you should be golden.

What exactly are your concerns? As long as your ESC and motor are rated for 4S and your battery is appropriately sized, nothing should catch on fire or otherwise get screwed up.

Happy landings!
Old 05-18-2016, 12:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbleguy View Post
since no one has answered you. I'll try to help you.

You have chosen the Gaui X3, Gaui has a great forum here on HF best asking there: https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=334

you'll get a proper and quicker response.
Thanks.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey,
If you have ran through the setup with the headspeed calculator, I think you should be to go! believe it or not, setting up the electronics for a helicopter is surprisingly easier than it sounds. Find the motor's KV, find the correct pinion and a battery that fits and you should be golden.

What exactly are your concerns? As long as your ESC and motor are rated for 4S and your battery is appropriately sized, nothing should catch on fire or otherwise get screwed up.

Happy landings!
I just didn't want to have a head speed that is too high and to save money, I wanted to use my 4s batteries because they looked like they could work.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

There's not really a "too high" head-speed unless you run a ridiculous KV motor with a monster pinion haha. It all comes down to personal preference. I run my Chase @ ~3000RPM (360mm main blades) and while quite poppy, I would love to fly it at higher head speeds. However I can also run it down to 1500RPM using a 3S battery and enjoy it as well.

Similarly most people run their Blade 300X's around 3000-3600RPM while I run mine at 4000+ on 4S...However when I just want to relax I swap out the 4S battery for a 3S one and run it at much lower head-speeds.

Thus it all depends what you're looking for. A good range for a 325mm setup would be 2900-3500 RPM if you're not into ridiculous smack. If you're into long flight-times, smooth 3D or just overall putzing around, you could find out just how low your head-speed will go before your tail-holding goes out the door.

The reason I can run my Chase at such low head-speeds is the comparatively high tail ratio compared to a typical Trex 450 Pro.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
There's not really a "too high" head-speed unless you run a ridiculous KV motor with a monster pinion haha. It all comes down to personal preference. I run my Chase @ ~3000RPM (360mm main blades) and while quite poppy, I would love to fly it at higher head speeds. However I can also run it down to 1500RPM using a 3S battery and enjoy it as well.

Similarly most people run their Blade 300X's around 3000-3600RPM while I run mine at 4000+ on 4S...However when I just want to relax I swap out the 4S battery for a 3S one and run it at much lower head-speeds.

Thus it all depends what you're looking for. A good range for a 325mm setup would be 2900-3500 RPM if you're not into ridiculous smack. If you're into long flight-times, smooth 3D or just overall putzing around, you could find out just how low your head-speed will go before your tail-holding goes out the door.

The reason I can run my Chase at such low head-speeds is the comparatively high tail ratio compared to a typical Trex 450 Pro.
Thanks so much! I feel better now about my build and the electronics and batteries. The internet is a great place. And now, dancing bacon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in