Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2015, 06:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Best main blades for 500L

I was looking at the Rails 426 FBL blades. I just dont know if the Aligns are really up to snuff or not. I know that I dont have the heli yet but I have owned numerous Align helis. I have some Radix blades for the tail.
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2015, 05:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will post my thoughts on several blade types this weekend: premium and expensive Rails 426, premium but inexpensive Revolution 430, medium priced but great Align 425D, cheap ebay Pro 3D, and very cheap ebay - chinese copy (not clone) of the old Align 425 with the black diagonal stripe. Have no Mavrikk wide chords and no Radix, but I can't own every single blade in the market, lol

I wanted to know what is all that fuzz about the non NACA 0013 profile "as others" (custom profile they say) of the Rails. I was not completely sure about that, I think the only certainty is that the tip is different.

The tail blades there is no difference between good but inexpensive plastic blades and expensive CF blades for the Trex 500 size heli. If the plastic is not flexible and the tail setup is ok, the heli flies great!
Mateyhv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2015, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I personally don't like Align blades anymore. I do keep a set as a back up only because I have them laying around. I have rail on all of my heli's and love them. I have flown Mavrikk, Rail, Align, Radix, Revolution on the 500. I really liked the Revolution and the Rail blades. Mavrikk on any heli makes the cyclic slow and makes it feel floaty. They are great for doing autos though. I only got a couple flights with the Radix so I didn't really get a chance to see how they performed. I would be happy with either Rail or Revolution FBL blades on my 500. I like them both.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solmanbandit View Post
They are great for doing autos though.
Speaking of that, how well does the 500L auto. Just curious, I have a 500L on order.

Mike
Mike7513 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2015, 05:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can auto on it, but hanging time is limited.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

hey "Lompma", or anyone else

Did you ever try the rails???

I always heard good things but didn't get a chance to try a set before my lhs cleared them out recently.

I did try a set of the new Zeal energy blades and to be honest I couldn't even tell a difference at all between them and the newer style align blades that came with the 500L.

They do look sexy as F**K though and get quite the complements on how well they look, I got the green ones to go with the green on the canopy So for only $10 bucks CAN more they're worth it IMO.

I was really surprised because on my 450 when I switched from align 3gx blades to revolution blades it was a night and day difference noticed immediately.

So I wasn't ready to give up trying to find blades for my 500L that would make that night and day difference I felt with the 450.

So that made me fork out the big bucks on a set of the new Switchblades, rumor has it that these are made from the edge blades molds and Edge was the leading blade company IMO for years till recently so I figured if I was gonna get that night and day feeling, that these would hopefully give them to me.

I just got the switchblades so I'll try and post back here and update what my results are....
Old 09-17-2015, 07:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run switch 425's on my Align 500 running a Skookum FBL. It flies like a dream.

I've only ever tried Align 425D's before. I also have a set of Green/Black KBDD's but i've never flown them, Only test hovered
* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2015, 08:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

How do the switch differ from the Align blades?
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2015, 08:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
How do the switch differ from the Align blades?

Well, I'm no pro so I'm not 100% in tune with my 500. But if I had to explain I would say it feels more crisp and feels like more pop between negitive and positive pitch changes .

I made no changes to my Skookum 540 but did notice on first flight a slight elevator bobble when the switch blades. 3 clicks lower elev gain and It disappeared.
* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2015, 11:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love the feel of the rail blades on my 500. In fact I am ordering a new set tonight.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mateyhv, where did you get those inexpensive Revolution 430 blades? I`m also in Europe. Now flying RJX Energy blades and 425mm TIG Carbon Fiber Z-Weave blades from HK. I like RJX most but in strong wind TIG`s are more stable (30 sec less flight time compared to RJX).
Old 09-22-2015, 11:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.skylinemodels.co.uk/Revol...BL-Blades.html
Old 09-28-2015, 05:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Halo 450mm's DONE !

MGPTWEGB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2015, 01:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not running a set of Switch blades on my 500, but run Edges. I know they have been (ahem) discontinued, but if word on the street is correct, they have arisen as Switch brand, and backed by Bert Kammerer.

My set that I run on my 700 size feel just like the Edge SEs that I had been running. I wouldn't hesitate to get a set and try them.

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
rcflyerheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2015, 12:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatjev View Post
Mateyhv, where did you get those inexpensive Revolution 430 blades? I`m also in Europe. Now flying RJX Energy blades and 425mm TIG Carbon Fiber Z-Weave blades from HK. I like RJX most but in strong wind TIG`s are more stable (30 sec less flight time compared to RJX).
Sorry, I was late in seing your post. I took them on ebay and I think they are discontinued so they were cheaper. I have been flying Align 425D recently and switched to Revolutions for only 6 flights until they were slightly damaged due to a tail failure. I have been flying them some time ago and the general feeling is that they are stable, very well crafted, had a great grip but tend to stall very easy due to the profile, with a characteristic low pitch farting noise different from the typical flapping noise. Thats why I didn't like them too much.

With the same flybarless setup the 425D are very sensitive and rather nervous in FF flight but they are FB blades.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGPTWEGB View Post
Halo 450mm's DONE !
Will those fit with no mods?

-Give a man a helicopter and he flies for a day. Teach a man to fly helicopters and he flies for a lifetime!
BadVad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2015, 01:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadVad View Post
Will those fit with no mods?
On my ESP they fitted with no mods, so i don't think that will be any issue with 500L.

Nice blades, they give a feeling of a larger heli.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't a 500L but I have the 500E flybar version and usually I buy this blades for sport flight http://www.mattiolimodellismo.com/de...8&categoria=84

but I saw also these blades.

http://www.align-trex.co.uk/blades/t...hd420bqcb.html

http://www.align-trex.co.uk/blades/t...hd420dqcb.html

my question is: who tried? is it good for a simple sport flight?
andrea_farins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2015, 02:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would think that any of those blades would be fine for simple sport flight. I have flown the blue ones, and really like them. They will definitely fit you needs.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2015, 07:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
I would think that any of those blades would be fine for simple sport flight. I have flown the blue ones, and really like them. They will definitely fit you needs.

Yeah the blue is good, I'll give a try to the black on my next crash (already ordered the blue)
andrea_farins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in