Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Wondering what you guys think is the best CP micro size heli is

I know this is a wakera forum, and I have a blade 450 3d that I'm converting to a fbl heli right now. I'm still just in the learning phase, only flew my 450 for 25-30 packs. I've only crashed 4 times so far.
But I wanna get a little micro heli, so every time I crash. I don't need to fork over $20-30. I've read alot of good stuff on the mcpx, an the wakera v120d02s. And I know the 130x is coming out from blade. I'm just wondering on what your guys think is a good micro heli. For me the main key is durability, an reliability.
jason4636 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

A 100 sized CP beats a 120 CP by a large margin in terms of durability. They are much more suitable flying indoors than a 120 CP. The downside is that they use a motorized tail that does not hold as well, and is liable to have tail blowouts. Another issue is that they tend to use brushed motors that were weak and which makes it difficult to learn 3D. If your have a Spektrum transmitter and live in the U.S. I would recommend that you look at the MCPx first.
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Like zadaw said, a 100-class heli, like a genius cp or mini cp would be best for reliability and durability. Performance-wise, the v120d02s takes the cake right now, but the 2-cell blade 130x could out-perform it when it's released. The d02s is a great, powerful, and stable micro. It performs 3d and aggressive sport flight pretty well, and is stable enough for a beginner to get the hang of. The mini cp is probably the best 100-class heli on the market. It will outperform the mcpx by a bit, and is also stable enough for a beginner. The mini cp performs 3d flight pretty good, for something of its size, but doesn't have the power or stability during hard maneuvers like the d02s. The mini cp is more suited for indoor and close-range use though.

For a beginner, the mini cp or genius cp would be the best choice. If you're a little more experienced, the v120d02s is the better choice for performance. The d02s will crash fairy well over grass or some other soft surface, but it doesn't crash as well as the mini cp or mcpx type helis.

If you've got a spektrum transmitter already, like the dx6i, the mcpx is a great little micro, but doesn't perform quite as well as the mini cp. It is very stable, though, so a beginner would do good with it, like the other micro cps.

All in all, the mini cp gets my vote. Then the d02s if you're a bit more experienced with flying.
// WK2801 // Spektrum DX4e //
jonbailie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1
I have the genius and really enjoy it. I have had it for a few months now and have yet to replace a single part. I only fly over grass (not really good indoor heli) with probably over 50 crashes, this is the heli I try new stuff on.
I do not have the devention radio (mini cp) or a spectrum (mcpx) so I do not own either of those heli's atm. Although I'm thinking about getting an mcpx so I can have a mini henseleit tdr
Old 04-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have to say that e genius cp is a great indoor helicopter. I can even do flips and rolls in my bedroom. It's great in a small space, and also great outdoors. It's the perfect little micro heli
// WK2801 // Spektrum DX4e //
jonbailie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in