Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 01:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Which spare parts to get?

Hi guys,
I've already changed the main rotor blades and need to replace the tail boom assembly today as I lost that little ball bearing between the tail rotor and motor. So...getting low on parts as I only got one of each.

Can you guys recommend shops and which parts I should get? I might as well change to better parts while I'm at it.

The first things (as I, the newbiew, figure) I should change is the tail boom to get one with support struts, the swash plate and more durable rotor blades. What do you guys think?
Tiwas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2011, 02:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You don't need a new tail boom assembly...it can fly very well without the bearing...if you really want the bearing, your LHS should have them in stock. If the tail boom and motor are ok, don't replace them.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2011, 02:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
You don't need a new tail boom assembly...it can fly very well without the bearing...if you really want the bearing, your LHS should have them in stock. If the tail boom and motor are ok, don't replace them.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Thanks! I'll try without it, then How about the rotor blades and swash plate?
Old 09-22-2011, 05:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rakon-Heli (RKH) for the swash and you're just going to have to love the stock rotor blades because that's pretty much all we've got available to us at present.
Heli-cat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2011, 06:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

IMO the tailboom struts are not really worth it. When I first got my 120 I put them on because I though it looked cool (which I still do) but I ended up taking them off after a month because of the change in the CoG. I found my self going FF on the sticks too much of the time just to hover.

The other parts I would suggest - I have picked up the main hub and swash from RKH. They are more than worth their weight in gold on the 120. With the RKH swash you can do flips and rolls at about 35ft up.

Also if you are out buying parts, you should also pick up a new, higher discharge, lipo. In my experience the 900mah 25c batteries from ebay work just fine. I got 2 for about $10 and they have been working just fine now for about 4 months.

Hope this helped
Old 09-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would get the head and blade grips for sure. Also get some spare links for it. The swash like said above get the RKH one. As for boom struts get the RKH battery tray with boom struts. I have the zippy 850mah 20c batteries and they are perfect fit. If your want boom supports get the RKH battery tray set with boom supports. Just get bigger batteries and balance it out with them. That's what I do and it flys perfect
CarCrazy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you're new to heli's get some landing gear. I learned on the 120SR, and went through quite a few sets of skids before upgrading to the Trex 250 landing gear. You'll need replacement tail motors as time goes on. They tend to wear out quicker than the rest of the heli, or the shaft can bend on a bad tail hit.

I get most of my parts off eBay. Hopmeup and Valuerc have good prices, and cheap, fast shipping (at least to the USA).
vmax911 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I purchased my SR120 in March and I'm on original main rotor blade and original motors. My most broken part is the landing skids (X4), but with the last break I just started fixing them rather than buy new. My second most broken part is the canopy. Most common lost part is the links since I have not done the mod.

My recommendation if you don't mind going a few days without flying is to keep a supply or links on hand (and/or do recommended mod) and purchase the other items as they break. My new main rotor blade sits unused NIB. I may wear out the helicopter before I have to replace it. Others probably break it on 2nd flight.
megawhacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2011, 06:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, guys! I'll get the swash and main rotor grips (?) as soon as possible. I haven't wrecked any rotor blades myself, but my coworker tried attacking a white board. The board won

As for skids, I'll see how these work first. I haven't had any problems with my first pair yet (knock on wood) and I have a spare couple on my desk.

Cheers!
Old 09-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

The plastic gear or the carbon for the 250 ? I need new skids for mine
CaballoDiablo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

"The plastic gear or the carbon for the 250 ? I need new skids for mine"

Not sure what you're asking... can you elaborate?
Old 09-24-2011, 01:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwas View Post
Hi guys,
I've already changed the main rotor blades and need to replace the tail boom assembly today as I lost that little ball bearing between the tail rotor and motor. So...getting low on parts as I only got one of each.

Can you guys recommend shops and which parts I should get? I might as well change to better parts while I'm at it.

The first things (as I, the newbiew, figure) I should change is the tail boom to get one with support struts, the swash plate and more durable rotor blades. What do you guys think?
I have a whole bunch of them little bearings, in a box, if I need a new tailboom to get my fix, I go and buy one and I take those bearings and throw them in my parts box, they don't do anything for the heli if someone says they do I say PROVE IT..!!! if you have to have them I will sell you them to you for a nominal fee;-) I believe that I have 7 or 8 of them.
shtmouth81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in