Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

memosteve: Thanks for looking into it! Keep us posted

Again NOT officially pointing fingers. Helidirect has always done right by me. They ship fast and has great customer service. Hey If they use a 3rd party CC processing service...they could be cause.

For grins...I ran deep virus scans on all my machines that I use for online orders. Yes...even ran it on my MACS No threats found on any of my machines.

Just thankful for the protection that our CC issuers give us.
coupester is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I called them a few weeks ago to tell them my situation and that they were the only company that I used my card with. I forget the name of the guy I spoke to, but he didn't seem to have any interest in what I was telling him. I explained also that I wasn't pointing fingers but it's something that they should look into. Again, he really didn't care. I continue to use them, just without a CC card. I've also made it a point never to use a card online with anyone anymore. PayPal is the only way to fly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I just looked on my credit card statement again. Looking at prior charges using my credit card directly and not through paypal in December 2011, it seems like I used my cc to charge for items on Radical RC, Xheli and Helidirect. Definitely a common link here is Helidirect
nartac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Interesting to see all these posts. I placed an order with Helidirect the last week in December and my card was scammed the first week in January. Thankfully AMEX caught it in time.

Not sure if there is a connection or just a coincidence.

On the other hand, I have always been pleased with the service from Helidirect. Good prices, fast shipping, and they stand behind what they sell.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

All the more reason to support your LHS!
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 12:50 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by litehawkdown View Post
All the more reason to support your LHS!

Ya, because it's not like the LHS process' your CC/debit cards through an online merchant services or anything!
Outrage Velocity 50N2 FBL, OS 55HZ, Beast X
memosteve is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork01 View Post
Yikes! Someone call HD and let them know! they are a major retailer and a major advertiser at helifreak

Just emailed them a link to this thread.I'm sure if they see the negative community response they'll figure it out and deal with it quick.

PM me for your soldering and mSR X BL build needs.
burnoutboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I posted here about my Amex cc being compromised during Thanksgiving a year ago, 2010. The only online company I had ordered from was Helidirect. I love HD and have had great customer service from them.

Lynbird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This is interesting, I got nailed for $943 on half.com 2 months ago, but I purchased from helidirect and a few other major hobby shops

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
nick779 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just thought I'd chime in... I've been battling a $4,175 dollar (fraudulent) bill from a nightclub in Europe for about 4 months with HSBC

Last edited by asdf1234; 01-26-2012 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: insert (Fraudulent)
asdf1234 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got a response from Larry(at)helidirect(dot)com

"Many thanks for your feedback - I have forwarded this link to upper management, and they will be sure to addres this right away.

Thank You!

If you need anything else, please let me know."

PM me for your soldering and mSR X BL build needs.
burnoutboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

VERY INTERESTING....

I also was a victim of credit fraud. About 4 days after I placed orders at Helidirect (for cnc parts) and Helihobby (for xtreme blades) my creditcard fraud department called me asking if I placed an order at harleydavidson for ~$400.

Yeah that wasnt my harleydavidson order.. those punks...
sliceslice is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by memosteve View Post
Ya, because it's not like the LHS process' your CC/debit cards through an online merchant services or anything!
lol
lloydcole is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Add me to the list. My debit card was hit for $1136 in charges to X-Box live between 1/5 and 1/7 . It's the same card I used for purchases from Helidirect about a week and a half earlier.

"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying, and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun"
Hekicopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had 2 fraudulent charges, each for around $850 for a hotel in Sydney Austrailia in early Jan. The last time I ordered from Heli Direct was late November. Not sure if there is a connection there or not. I ordered lots off stuff in December from all over the web.
barmato is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Me too... see my post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by backburner1955 View Post
Surprisingly enough, I shop at HeliDirect quite a bit too, and We had our debit card hit for $1,261.00 for 2 different hotel cancelled reservations out of country. One was $668.00 for Somerset Hotel In Ho Chi Mihn City Vietnam, for 4 rooms for 16 people and the other was for $593.00 for The California Hotel in Berlin Germany for 2 rooms for 8 people. All reservations were for the SAME DAY. I don't even hold a passport nor have applied for one.

I was really po'd when my bank authorized it and it didn't even throw up a red flag.

Since then, I have changed my bank card info, all passwords and only use PayPal for online transactions... F-ing hackers...

PLUS... I recently ordered directly from Fusuno in Vietnam, which is kinda part of Heli Direct...
Old 01-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got hit with 600 bucks in purchases in Paris and Bucharest. The only place I've been to online with this new card is xheli.com

I've used it at a couple of local gas stations, and a few walmart purchases, but other than that, xheli is it. I've heard of some others getting the same results on their credit card from them, and now Helidirect.com. Seems like a prepaid, loadable-when-you-need-it card is the way to go... After changing my card again, this is what I'll be doing for all future online purchases. Even paypal nowadays isn't safe from this type of activity. Be careful out there!
// WK2801 // Spektrum DX4e //
jonbailie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #38 (permalink)
Fear the Spork!!

this is just insane. I will have to get new cards after all this. Its a pain to say the least. I will be talking to my bank about setting up a credit card specifically to make online purchases. I will put only what's needed for the purchase so there's nothing to steal if its compromised.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hate to post this because i really like Helidirect but i just had to get a new cc because of fraud. My last purchase from Helidirect was on 12-12-11 and all the purchaces on my cc that i didn't make were in the last two weeks of december. I got my replacement card at the end of december and havn't bought anything from Helidirect since and all is well. I hope they get this figured out soon. I guess it's paypal from now on.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #40 (permalink)
Fear the Spork!!

so it looks like they were compromised/hacked sometime in Dec. 2011. I'm staying clear of HD from now on. They have excellent service and fast ship times but I'm not going to be a victim anymore.

I have made many purchase before that date without an issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in