Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Blade 500 3D and Blade 500X?

Hello everyone, I would like to know if its true about what the guy who created this heli said about the fly-barred B500 being more relaxed than the B500X which he claims is more for experts.

Now I hear that the Blade 450X is much easier to hover than the 450 3D which has a flybar and someone who posted on one of my threads said that they can hover the 450X for around 7 seconds without moving the sticks at all.

So will the B500 family be easier to fly than the B450 just on the larger size alone? And will the 500X be easier to fly than the 500 3D?
Sneaglebob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaglebob View Post

So will the B500 family be easier to fly than the B450 just on the larger size alone? And will the 500X be easier to fly than the 500 3D?
Yes, and Yes. The BeastX FBL system allows you to have the heli setup for an expert, or within 15 seconds, setup for a beginner. Get the 500X over the 3D.

Formerly owned - Compass 7HV - Blade mCP X V2 - Blade 400 FBL BeastX
Mixmaster Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you have never flown a collective pitch heli unless you have skilled help
Around to get tips and advice from it will be rather difficult to start with a flybarless heli.

Yes once it's setup correctly the flybarless heli is much much easier to fly but the first time setting it up and getting the gains set can be very daunting for a newb pilot.
Also the larger the heli is the easier it is to fly BUT it can also be more dangerous if you don't have the basics down and much much more expensive when you do hit the ground at high speed and it will happen.

In my honest opinion if a person wants to see if there going to like the hobby or are just getting started into the collective pitch Heli's it may be a good idea to start with something like an mcpx.
It can do most everythin g that the larger birds can do and if it's flown over grass it will usually survive the majority of crashes with little to no damage and it will get you comfortable with the way that flybarless Heli's work.
Another way to look at is maybe a TREX or a CHAOS 450 or so sized kit to build. This will teach you the ins and outs of building a heli and you will then know how to repair when you do hit the ground and you will also have a high quality kit that once your ready you will be able to easily mod it and turn it into a real stick banging beast with not to much more money.

My big one is not by any means the biggest that's made but I do know and understand the want to have a larger bird. Nothing is cooler than 525mm and up in blades darting thru the air when you reverse directions or hit a hard pitched hurricane but it always seams best for a person to crawl before you walk or run for that matter.

This is just my opinion on what you asked I don't mean to sound like preaching or anything like that.
Whatever you decide good luck and I'm sure you will enjoy which ever way you go with it
JETI USA
www.MSHUSA.com, www.MSheli.com
mamartin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
help a newbie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in