Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's exactly what mine does on the Kasama & it's got me scratching my head, haven't retested it yet but Im going to mount it on the side instead of on the gyro mount as I seriously suspect the unit is affected by minor vibrations, hopefully I'll test it on Sun.
seemore74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliBenj View Post
Well I guess I'm not ready to post my settings yet. The 500 behaves very good but today I found consecutive fast forward flips (not a maneuver I do a lot anyway) makes the heli bank to the right (right aileron). After 4 flips the heli shows around 30° right aileron.
- The sensor alignment is perfect (installed with a guide and triple checked)
- no mix in the radio
- I'm sure I'm not inputting aileron in the flip.

DO you guys know what I should look at?

PI for cyclic is 90/80. Tried different settings for I limit without any effect.

Should I check sensor calibration?
Any hint would help
I newer had a gyro which will do agressive (fast) consecutive flips without corrections on aileron. My G-T5 behave similarly (but on slow consecutive flips) when P/I/D-Sense was not in correct ratio. Based on your post i recommend you to play with D-Sense. Set P/I/D-Sense to 92/80/23 (P/D-Sense ratio 4:1) and report.
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

My vbar does fast flips almost without corrections.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that this week end!

I recalibrated the sensors earlier today and found the elevator sensor was 10 points off. Yaw and aileron were 2 points off. I wonder of that could contribute, will see tomorrow!
HeliBenj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ben
If you don't mind me asking what did your values come out at? I would imagine everyones would be different,I don't think mine got changed but went in and wrote them down just in case and seems i had one axis at like 116 or something over a 100 can't remember for sure and seems the other two were like 96 each. Don't know why I was expecting low numbers and they are around a 100 anyway i was just curious.

Jack
Reever45 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is what is looks like for me:

before 95 110 96
After 97 100 95

Went to fly today but had trouble with YGE governor Was only giving me like 2200 RPM or so for some odd reason so will have to see tomorrow if flips got better
Old 01-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users

HeliDirect is now selling the GT5:
http://helidirect.com/ace-g-t5-3-axi...74-p-25949.hdx

XL Protos 380
Jomaba4308 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

Went to fly today and for the life of me nothing did a difference. Calibrating sensors did not solve the flip "issue" nor did changind the PID. Giving up here
Old 01-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

You may try to set I same high as P, e.g. P/I/D-Sense 100/100/25 or 92/92/23. You may too try set I higher than P, my TDR was with higher I than P very stable, but this influenced controls too.
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Went to fly today and for the life of me nothing did a difference. Calibrating sensors did not solve the flip "issue" nor did changind the PID. Giving up here
I didn't notice this problem with the GT-5 on my 500EFL Pro, although I haven't flown it much yet. I'm pretty sure I've done multiple consecutive flips and it has remained nice and straight.
J-S-Q is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

Could you share your settings? Would be interesting to see if it works for me and if it does try and define what caused the problem
Old 01-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Could you share your settings? Would be interesting to see if it works for me and if it does try and define what caused the problem
Yes sure, here is what I was running:

Total gain 100 (black background)
P 120
I 100
I-D-stick 100
D-sense 50
Feed Forward 85
I-lim 18
Hover stability 5

The heli is all stock and I am using the inner holes on the metal servo arms. I have the GT-5 mounted on the top gyro plate, above the boom case (I'm actually using an Align 3GX mounting pad as I bought my GT5 used without any pads). I have not been able to fly it very much yet, only 4 flights but it seems to be flying very well on these settings. The only problem I had was that on hard cyclic stops, there is a bounce. I am hoping to tune this out but haven't had a chance to get out and fly again so far.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

One though.... I'm not sure how you have the GT5 mounted but there is very little room for it on a TRex 500EFL gyro plate. Are you sure it is not rubbing against the plastic part of the frame, causing a vibe issue?

Also, do you get any drift if you just hold the heli in a hover? Or is it just when you do consecutive flips?

I don't fly 3D by the way, but quite lively sport/aerobatics -loops/flips/tic tocs etc.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the settings, I'll try them out. I see you have pretty high D-sense which is not my case, will try that out.

Yes, it is VERY tight on the EFL platform. I have a quarter mm clearance on each side. I have the KDE tray and I used a thick paper as a spacer to install it. It doesn't rub at all and it is perefct, I can eyeball the same clearance on both sides so no problem here. using the original pad on mine (cut to width)

Will report back
Old 01-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users

BTW, no drift in a hover, solid in FFF, FBF...
Old 01-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just gave this unit a try, i like to try different things so for the 155.00 i paid for this i put it on my trex 550 that i have had a vbar and a CGY750 on. Just set it up per the instructions using defaults for the P/I settings, i did setup my overall gain switch to a 3 position switch with a 60/80/100 overall gain. I set the switch to 80% gain put the collective stick a 0 clicked out of TH and when it spooled up i just gave it some collective and lifted off into a stable hover no drama no oscillations or tail wag still good so clicked the switch to 100% gain and again rock solid.
In the time i had i started playing with the P gain on the tail, and found the unit really is pretty easy to adjust once you get used to the sliding your finger and double tap deal.The CGY750 was easy to adjust but i must say i liked the GT5 a bit better with its icons and sliding and tapping rather than poking a button but both work.
Anyways for the type of flying i can do atm (stall turns/loops/rolls/cuban eights/stationary flips and rolls and getting better at flying around inverted) i can't tell the difference between the GT5 and the Vbar when i had it on there. CGY750 was good also just didn't feel as locked in to me out of the box. Not going to claim its better or worst than the others but for the price you can get these for i am pretty happy with it. I just finished my 550 V2 with a 3GXso i guess i will see how that works out next. Might have to get me a BeastX see how that is next
Reever45 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #156 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks for the settings, I'll try them out. I see you have pretty high D-sense which is not my case, will try that out.

Yes, it is VERY tight on the EFL platform. I have a quarter mm clearance on each side. I have the KDE tray and I used a thick paper as a spacer to install it. It doesn't rub at all and it is perefct, I can eyeball the same clearance on both sides so no problem here. using the original pad on mine (cut to width)

Will report back
Actually when I posted here for advice on how to tune out the cyclic bounce, it was recommended that I reduce D-Sense. Haven't had a chance to try that yet though due to weather/work but hopefully I will do so this week. See this thread for the advice that I was given:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=369081
Old 01-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #157 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is this gt5 capable of running analog servos like the beastX or is it digital only like the the align 3g?

I will be putting spectrum a5040's on the cyclic of my new Protos but they aren't due back in stock until end of March so I need a temporary alternative. I would like to use the hitec 225bb just until the spectrums are back.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

XL Protos 380
Jomaba4308 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #158 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes it can run them
Euwan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #159 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK tried Swalko's PID ratio and no influence on the flips. J-S-Q settings did not improve the thing either. I'm beginning to think I'll have to live with it but I don't like it too much. What bugs me is J-S-Q's 500 doesnt seem to do it...
Old 01-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #160 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh, forgot to say back flips are straight, only front flips are weird. My CoG is good

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in