Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2015, 02:10 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Having had my cps for a few days now I have had a chance to look at the construction. The board is mounted on four resilient supports, presumably to isolate it from vibration. I think fixing an extra esc on top of this is going to cause problems with the gyros and we may have to look into some other position for it.
Synchronome is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2016, 09:49 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone get around to doing the motor or ESC upgrades on their CPS?
burninmedia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2016, 11:03 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninmedia View Post
Anyone get around to doing the motor or ESC upgrades on their CPS?
In a word...yes...

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=720967
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2016, 02:27 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put a MMW motor in mine and I saw a big improvement. Cheapest option there is.
ikarma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2016, 02:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarma View Post
I put a MMW motor in mine and I saw a big improvement. Cheapest option there is.
+1 You do need to transplant the pinion but the MMW motor gets you ~80% of what the HH BL kit does, and it gives longer flights will lipos that wouldn't run the HH BL for a solid 2 minutes.
Stringrazor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2016, 05:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Nothing like answering a question already answered :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringrazor View Post
+1 You do need to transplant the pinion but the MMW motor gets you ~80% of what the HH BL kit does, and it gives longer flights will lipos that wouldn't run the HH BL for a solid 2 minutes.
I'm not familiar with MMW motors would you guys have a link?
(Is it micromotorwarehouse? I'd rather use brushless over coreless)

I decided to go ahead and slip in my BLH3325

I had an extra motor plug so I soldered the signal wire from the BL ESC to the BLACK lead on the connector. ('cause soldering to the WHITE got me nuttin! LOL)

I didn't have a problem fitting the ESC under the canopy and I snipped the "parallel" leads and just soldered the ESC power leads to the backside of the 3in1 (do they still call it that? the 3in1?)

user MegasMicros is exactly right... the unit doesn't come alive until after about 40% throttle (post #7)

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=720967

That's not a problem for me because I hit stunt 1 and 100% throttle soon after lift off and rarely fly in non 3D mode.

An issue I noticed, however, is because 40% is the start it's also the cut off value when switching back into normal mode to land so the inertia of the blades almost always causes the heli to tip and flop over when throttle hits 40%ish after the landing gear have touched the pavement. My rigged solution to this is simply grab the landing gear in flight and hit the throttle cut. (or impress my friends and have them grab the landing gear while the unit is inverted )

Lastly, I'll say I'm pretty sure I'm not getting 100% of what the Brushless is capable of BECAUSE my nano cpX sounds differently. Much higher RPM sound.

What I do know is that this brushless does have more power than the brushed it's very evident when pitch is max (positive or negative). The heli doesn't "bog" out and whimper when max pitch is hit like it does when the brushed motor is used. It always sounds like a loud GROAN when I'm full pitch and brushed.

Well, I hope this helps someone.
I'm still flying the MCPX BL as well, so no immediate plans for the xk k120 but of course I'm tempted like the rest of us

I used a piece of paper to hopefully improve visibility of the signal wire soldered to BLACK
I've also cut the exposed wire of the white lead.

****UPDATE********UPDATE********UPDATE****

After rebinding (and using the computer radio method, which is hold Bind until the bind process begins, then let off and hold right rudder until bind process is finished) I assume this process is in a manual somewhere...
I had a much better experience. The motor begins to spin at about 20 to 25% throttle which is about where the brushed motor begins to spin.
The unit appears to operate properly, but of course, it was after dark and only a hover and quick flip could be performed for testing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161011_183252.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	675345  

Last edited by heli_passion; 10-12-2016 at 07:01 PM..
heli_passion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2016, 06:28 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got 2 of the MMW motors. One arrived with the black end cap loose so a doa the other, once pinion was added and motor mounted in the cps the tail couldn't hold so it just span round and round.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:29 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Boy View Post
Just spoke to the hobby store I ordered mine from here in the U.K. Apparently the CPS's that the store ordered have been sent out from the HH European distribution hub in Germany, so with any luck I'll have mine in my hands by this time next week.

Once I've got a few flights on it in stock form, I'll be looking at fitting a AD BL main motor kit in there. It remains to be seen whether the new board will use the same negative PWM signal from the main motor FET like the CPX does, but if that checks out, then the other issue will be if the outrunner motor is going to be too wide to actually fit between the frame w/o hitting the back edge of the new board. Fingers crossed it will fit, but it looks mighty close to me from the pics I've seen.

MB
Hey MB did you find the solder point for the AA kits using a xp3A? Any picture of the solder work appreciated 😉

Cheers

Bhu

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in