Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba 14MZ - 12Z

Futaba 14MZ - 12Z Futaba 14MZ and 12Z Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2007, 11:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
mrj

Default PCM G3 RECIEVER

I just got another pcm g3 reciever. the lettering on this one is gold an the font on the "pcm g3" logo is different than the original one that came with my tx. The original one is silver. They both have the raised logo on the left what is the difference? Is there any problem if this is an old stock reciever?Edit ones a r5114 and ones a r5014.the r5014 came with my tx.Thanx again
mrj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2007, 03:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The 5114 is the newest G3 receiver. You should have no trouble with it.

-Planks are like feel-good buddy movies, and helis are like horror movies. You just gotta like being scared.
Trooper Sam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2007, 07:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

My HF Map location

The 5114 is the newest receiver. This is the one that will work with A or B modulation from the transmitter. You have to have the latest software in the transmitter to be able to transmit on the B modulation.
A or B allows you to select how much noise rejection is accepted.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #4 (permalink)

hello i just received my new receiver 5114 and i am very suprised by the antenna lenght (very short) 55cm ! Is this "normal"
MD3DNT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2008, 09:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, I am not sure when they changed the length.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD3DNT View Post
hello i just received my new receiver 5114 and i am very suprised by the antenna lenght (very short) 55cm ! Is this "normal"
The receiver antenna lenght was changed to 55cm about 4 months after the 14MZ was released. At least on the 72 mhz 5014 recievers it was shortened to that lenght.
David
Old 02-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

is it "safer" now with this antenna?
i heard so many bad things on this receiver that i did not install it on my heli yet
because ia m not sure on the way i should test it
MD3DNT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2008, 04:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
i heard so many bad things on this receiver that i did not install it on my heli yet
Been thousand of the 5014 and 5114 receivers being used with a 55cm antenna for a couple of years now.

David
Old 02-06-2008, 07:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I ran 2 of my models on the 55cm antenna length for 2 years without any issues using two 5014s. 2 of my other models ran on a base loaded antenna on 5014 receivers without any issues either. If you want to take into account the reports on the sensitivity of the G3 receivers, the 5014 is supposed to be more susceptible to "noise".

You may already know, but there are two "modes" with the 5114 receiver. One mode is the same as the 5014 and the other is a "desensitized" mode. This is paraphrasing, but it should get the point across. The biggest issue with any receiver, not limited to the G3, is any RF noise. Bad bearings, metal to metal rattling contact, etc can cause lockouts or glitches. If you experience glitching, check your wires, bearings and generally your install. If nothing can be determined from looking over your install, you might want to have the pots in the radio checked. A pilot local to me had an issue with his pots and Futaba took care of it in fine order. It manifested itself as a glitch, but really the pot in the radio was "catching" or fluttering the signal.

Bringing people out of Radio Shack and into the hobby.

μολὼν λαβέ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ClayK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2008, 07:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

I would like to add to ClayK on the pots.

I have a 9ZHPS I bought new in 94 and I have had the pot wires to PCB break due to a long period of heavy usage. This is where they are fixed or restrained at the ends of the wire flex section. A simple replacement of the wires took care of it. It appeared as a glitch on a channel intermitantly. The first time it happened, I thought of getting hit but it was only one channel not all. I opened up the case and replaced the wires, second time I knew the symptoms so it got replaced right away.
tkilwein is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2008, 02:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just to clarify, the 5114 receiver in A mode has exactly the same RF noise tolerance as the 5014. In particularly noisy RF enviromments, the 5114 can be used in B mode. Both of my G3 receivers are 5114's, and I still fly them with zero issues in A mode. The vast majority of lockout issues with the G3 RF receivers can be traced to truly poor receiver installations with careless antenna routing, noisy voltage regulators, or mechanical problems in the model such as bad bearings or gross metal to metal contact.

Ben Minor
Dr.Ben is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in