Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tail cage?

lol this thing isn't even out but im thinking about modding it.

imagine a bigger tail fin with a wire cage type arrangement meaning that the tail blades will NEVER be able to hit the ground, so as to save these gears that we are guessing are going to be most lightly to break lol

what do you think ?
Bodge is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ineffective aerodynamics...You need smooth flow of air in and out of the tail blade air foils and I can see a cage around it will cause issues with the flow across the blades. Now a duct type enclosure like on the Dauphine might be ok since there is no disruption on either side of the tail blades would allow for thrust without too much issue ... except when you crash and bend the tail and crush the tail blades inside it. I guess you simply don't work on crashing and there won't be an issue!

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Even small amounts of weight, when added to the farthest point from the CoG have move affect on balance than the same weight added to a point close to the CoG, basic leverage. Just don't crash a lot and problem solved.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is a really interesting idea. I bet you could get it to work. Add some weight to balance the front as mentioned. I like the duct idea, maybe you could cut the center part of a toilet paper roll in 1/4's and attach it as a duct or something to act as a light weight blade guard.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
Just don't crash a lot and problem solved.
Best advice ever
Gaui X5 sweet! Warp 360 KST, B4503D Savox- all beastx, 250 SE flybarred-current shelf queen, 130X, Mcpx BL, Nano cpx, Mini Dragonfly, DX8 AMA #982022 If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around.
shreddedpaper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 12:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

if you want to crash alot with little repairs buy a MQX.
Burma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 01:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

This small helis are turning into bullet proof experiments nowadays lol, Horizon Hobby can you make a fully 3d capable tank that flies please? Thanks!
Old 05-12-2012, 03:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

ok pehaps cage was the wrong word. I more ment like a loop of wire supported buy say a stick of cabon rod attached to the tail fin which is the full height of the tail blades.

this little thing is going to get crashed and I did loads of mods to stop the mcpx breaking. soild boom, metal swash, electic bands round the links, Velcro on the canopy ect

it wouldn't fly quite as well but move the battery forward and i can't see it been affected too much
Bodge is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodge View Post
ok pehaps cage was the wrong word. I more ment like a loop of wire supported buy say a stick of cabon rod attached to the tail fin which is the full height of the tail blades.
Isn't that the main purpose of the tail fin itself - to help protect the tail rotor?

Don
Digital Don is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in