Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question 4 Blade Head Question

Can I use the GP900 that I happen to have or do I need to buy the 3GX? Also do I need to use larger Rudder blades to help hold the bird stable such as 500 blades?

Thanks
Pete
4Pete2Fly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2012, 01:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think you would want to use a proper FBL controller, and if you are not getting a plug and play 4 blade head, you should make sure that the controller you choose has phasing adjustment.

I would doubt that any 500 sized blades would fit into the grips of a 450 head, and even if they did, they would probably be too long for the heli.

It may help if you gave a bit more detail - like what heli, what fuselage (assuming that most 4 blade helis are scale), what 4 blade head etc.

Colin
Baumann EC-145 800+ (coming soon )
Andy01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Okay I will try and explain, first I will be flying as general / self entertainment flight, absolutely no 3D. The body & head are aftermarket without a brand name, clones I guess, pictures below. Will be using Henge MD933 & MD922 servos. Have not made up my mind on the RX but will be a Spektrum DMX of some kind.

The main blades will be stock woodys for the 450 size. The question for blade size was directed for the rudder/tail blades.

4Pete2Fly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do yourself a favor and toss a 3 or better yet a CncHeli 4 bladed tail on there as well. If not you must consider running a step up gear ratio to fire up the tail speed to compensate for the slower headspeeds that main head is going to run. You end up loosing tail authority doing so.
So here are your options. The longest 450 grip sized tail blades run less than 62mm that are reliable. Trust me here, I have been running stretch helis for years using 420mm mains. You will need these. Kbdd makes the better ones. I have bagfulls of all the failures. Still, without any tail gear changes these will not be enough!

Scrap the woodies running a 3 blade and go with cheaper carbonfibre blades. Again, there are half a dozen reasons here. The woodies will work, just not as well.

Step up gears: You can buy different tail drive main gears that up the tooth count and slightly overdrive the tail gear, and you can also manually change out the upper tail drive gear that drives the belt. Most are 10t. I have run them up to 12 with a 9 or 10 on the actual tail. There are most your choices.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in