Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support > Duralite

Duralite Duralite Battery Li-Ion Li-Mn Chargers Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2004, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Duralite connectors

I noticed last night while cleaning the bird, that the Duralite power connector was a "VERY" loose fit in the JR switch connector. I've flown about 6 tanks since switching over to the Duralite batteries and had not noticed this before.

Don't know if it was just mine or whether others had this situation. It hasn't come loose yet, but I went and got a plastic retainer clip this morning just for security.

Like the Duralites since I got them, but it did take a long time to charge the battery (4000 mah) even though I had only 6 flights on it.
SteveK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2004, 02:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
but it did take a long time to charge the battery (4000 mah)

You using the Duralite Charger? How long is a long time.

I see probably 2 hours to 3 hours after 6 20 minute on time periods of being turned on if using the Duralite Charger. I have never used any other charger than the Duralite one.

HTH,
Old 05-18-2004, 05:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

After 6 flights of about 13 +/- minutes each, took about 5 hours to charge. Still had probably 8 flights left in the pack. Voltage was about 7.45 with a 1 amp load. I am using the Duralite charger. Light got very dim but did not go out. I just turned it off after about 5:15 of charge time.

I just thought that was a long time to charge with only about 40% of the pack used.

Just looked in my book, only had 4 flights on it not 6. Sorry.

I like the system but I don't know if I want to wait 8+ hours if I drag the battery down further the next time before charging. I was expecting about 1 to 1 1/2 hours for the light to go out.
SteveK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2004, 06:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Steve,
I am using the 4000 mah pack. After about 10 flights with all digital servos, it takes about 5 or 6 hours for my packs to recharge. After 9 or 10 flights, the packs are usually down in the 7 volt range with 1 amp load. I have flown the packs down to 6.7 volts with a 1 amp load and it took just a little over 6 hrs to charge them back. You really should let the packs stay on the charger till they are fully charged if possible. Fully charged they will read about 8.2 or 8.3 with no load. They will read about 7.5 to 7.7 with a 1 amp load fully charged.
I just always put the batteries on charge where I fly one flight or several flights.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in