Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2015, 11:59 AM   #81 (permalink)

=] Never, seen anything like it bro? can you please assign a channel to the gov gain, and view the live gains SW tab, lets see where you are at?

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2015, 12:22 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgi UK View Post
=] Never, seen anything like it bro? can you please assign a channel to the gov gain, and view the live gains SW tab, lets see where you are at?
That makes two of us? Be very specific with me here. I was virtually up all night rewiring, replacing virtually every single friggin wire and part on this 600, yet again. I bet I have an easy 40 hours into this issue now. Pretty sure this isn't related to my HW sensor's as they run clean otherwise. The real ugly stuff started the minute I installed the new Quantum, but the spikes predate the actual throttle start?
Same if not worse spool issue. Set a channel in my TX? Or?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	600 f log.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	597225  
Old 07-17-2015, 12:52 PM   #83 (permalink)

=] Yes, go to SK control panel first then setup a Tx gain channel for the gov,

then in the "view" tab open the live gain window

then we go from here......

Old 07-17-2015, 10:01 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, man that is a chore with the Jeti. Lol.

First spool at 45 gain (in Tx) it was as usual for the first spool, perfect.

But 2nd power up at 45 gain, no hand off log 139.
3rd power up again, at 40 gain, no hand off, log 140.
Attached Files
File Type: skl LOG139.SKL (209.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: skl LOG140.SKL (177.5 KB, 32 views)
Old 07-18-2015, 04:20 AM   #85 (permalink)

=] Logs for breakfast again! you need to sort out the issue prior to commutation? the sensor is showing an output for zero throttle? can I check here the sensor wires are fitted to individual motor phases, and not both going to a single phase? and also you are running genuine HW sensors and not those cheap clones?

I can't visualise your on-board setup, it shouldn't be needed, but run a common ground from the flight pack to the SK lower rail.

ESC opto-coupled, you haven't been messing with that, have you??! let us know how you get on........ cheers........

Old 07-18-2015, 12:34 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, individual brand new wires to the individual brand new motor leads coming off the HW sensors, all purchased at HeliDirect. I did have a common ground setup, but it didn't seem to make any difference. So will reintegrate this back into the system this morning. And nope, def haven't played with the opto.
Thanks Georgi! You rock bro. Btw, I ran logs without spooling and looked at them also, just pure clean lines without any spiking.

Ok, soldered in a new lead to the bec input output ground, log 141. Should I tie in the esc main pack ground?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	600 log 141.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	597477  
Attached Files
File Type: skl LOG141.SKL (245.5 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by Luvmyhelis; 07-18-2015 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: common ground log addition.
Luvmyhelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2015, 05:41 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anothet idea - do you have common ground between the esc's negative and the gyro? Most time you get that threw the frame, but if not then gyro's negative and main pack/esc's have to be connected.
2 X X7 | Scorpion 4525 Ultimate 4+6T YY / Xnove 4530 525 | scorpion Tribunus 200II ESC | Edge 713 | Logo 690SX | Pyro 440 7+8T YY | Castle 120HV | X3 | 4S | HW 50A V2 ESC | Scorpion 2221 2050KV 9T D | SK540 / Brain2 | Mks
omerco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2015, 05:56 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerco View Post
Anothet idea - do you have common ground between the esc's negative and the gyro? Most time you get that threw the frame, but if not then gyro's negative and main pack/esc's have to be connected.
Thanks! I will address this tonight.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:14 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got in two great flights this morning, good thing as we had a semi pro flying with us. I couldn't disappoint!

Both the gov locked in right off the get go and looked like this in Log 143. But this afternoon after tying the common grounds throughout the heli. Back to log 144. Same ole crap, hit and miss.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	600 log 143.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	597854   Click image for larger version

Name:	600 log 144 cmm grnd.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	597855  
Attached Files
File Type: skl LOG144.SKL (233.5 KB, 29 views)
Old 07-21-2015, 12:26 PM   #90 (permalink)

=] I'm not sure where I would go next bro? I can't help think if you were using a Spek handset this might not be happening? And then I have to wonder what your start up process is? Or how can something vary from a good log to a bad one, what could possibly change that prior to flight?

I guess running flat idles with gov off may indicate an issue or help us here, so that's worth a test, we need to know what is causing the false RPMS as seen in the logs, are you applying collective in TH for preflight checks, something like that, or switching flight modes while in TH? keep going bro!

Old 07-21-2015, 03:16 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks man! The gov off idea hasn't been applied yet, so that is the next stage I guess. Yes, I always give my heli a swash pump, swash lean and tail test before flights. Just to absolfreaking lutely make sure it is solid. As earlier when first getting my Ds14 Jeti it would randomly change my swash config elev settings. Lost every heli in my fleet due to that nightmare, so I am very detailed now making sure this is correct before any heli lifts off. I always power up with my toggle in norm/ th applied. I even went to a flat non ramp norm to eliminate any signal variations there? Hmm, maybe my TH switch is defective? But then why are all my other helis working? I even checked the new Quantum for shorts. Maybe something in my Jeti rx?
Old 07-21-2015, 04:27 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think there is a good correlation between the rpm glitches (the spikes we see before and during startup) and your bad hands off. I think we need to understand the glitches to solve this.

Pictures of your setup maybe? power in IO D/E?
2 X X7 | Scorpion 4525 Ultimate 4+6T YY / Xnove 4530 525 | scorpion Tribunus 200II ESC | Edge 713 | Logo 690SX | Pyro 440 7+8T YY | Castle 120HV | X3 | 4S | HW 50A V2 ESC | Scorpion 2221 2050KV 9T D | SK540 / Brain2 | Mks
Old 07-22-2015, 08:49 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerco View Post
I think there is a good correlation between the rpm glitches (the spikes we see before and during startup) and your bad hands off. I think we need to understand the glitches to solve this.

Pictures of your setup maybe? power in IO D/E?
Those glitches are the reason the hand offs are scrambled, as it has nothing to do with the Skookum. As where they aren't present, it works flawlessly.

I did bog the living bejesus out of my Gob 800 yesterday doing rainbows, but 800s are hard on any motor.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:57 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

600, no gov. No change. It either has to be in my Jeti Rx, or in the esc itself?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	600 no gov.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	598672  
Old 07-23-2015, 01:53 PM   #95 (permalink)

=] well it's narrowed down quite a bit now! take your pic! I'm placing on the Jeti, Omer likes to be different!! either way the beers are on you!!

Old 07-23-2015, 10:11 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

It has fixed intervals which points to electrical or electro static problem.

Pictures of your setup?
What do you have in io D/E??
Old 07-25-2015, 12:37 AM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys, so far since the last post, I pulled the Jeti telemetry, Jeti Rx, replaced the Rx. New esc just tonight! New wires and common ground. All of it except the Skookum so far. Next I am erasing the 600 file out of my Jeti Tx and doing a ground up there also. New TH switch in TX. Same spikes throughout.

Now replacing the Sk720. This even has a brand new motor! Not much left?
Old 07-31-2015, 03:39 AM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, another dozen or so complete tear downs later. Servos pulled, new Sk720, new Rx, two different esc's and HW sensors. Erased the 600 profile out of my Jeti and did another model program. Changed and moved the common grounds and also where the HW sensor leads come into play in the motor wires. Ect ect ect.

Just late tonight noticed the pre rpm motor spikes don't happen if I don't touch the gimbals during the start up procedure. Boiled that down to the tail gymbal movement. So if I don't touch the tail gymbal whatsoever during the boot up. I get perfect spools and gov hand offs. Touch that tail at all, and bang, pre motor spikes in the logs and it gets ugly fast.

Just friggin weird.....
Old 07-31-2015, 06:48 AM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Time to show it to Art maybe.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:54 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Ok, another dozen or so complete tear downs later. Servos pulled, new Sk720, new Rx, two different esc's and HW sensors. Erased the 600 profile out of my Jeti and did another model program. Changed and moved the common grounds and also where the HW sensor leads come into play in the motor wires. Ect ect ect.

Just late tonight noticed the pre rpm motor spikes don't happen if I don't touch the gimbals during the start up procedure. Boiled that down to the tail gymbal movement. So if I don't touch the tail gymbal whatsoever during the boot up. I get perfect spools and gov hand offs. Touch that tail at all, and bang, pre motor spikes in the logs and it gets ugly fast.

Just friggin weird.....
=] at one time we were able to turn off the gov manually using a tail bank, so yes, I echo Omer, let's get SK involved!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in