Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 200SRX

200SRX Blade 200SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 06:54 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
That mod doesn't eliminate the rudder problem. Lessens the severity but doesn't eliminate it. The mSRX isn't a good first heli.

Nobody spoke of the mSRX being recommended as a first heli...so...

Silent Be the tongue of a knowest nothing naïve...

Fame of less than twenty seconds length...Yours is not

Opinions be likened to excretion openings...has one does every idiot

Thy piehole be closed lest the least of knowledge be made Yours known

The piro of said heli resembles that of a coaxial...nuff said You who knows least of what rudder fix I speak

My mSRX rudder fix is championed by a 8-year-old boy pilot...bring Your best to contest piro skills and We shall see who's fortune is lost
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2014, 08:02 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
Nobody spoke of the mSRX being recommended as a first heli...so...

Silent Be the tongue of a knowest nothing naïve...

Fame of less than twenty seconds length...Yours is not

Opinions be likened to excretion openings...has one does every idiot

Thy piehole be closed lest the least of knowledge be made Yours known

The piro of said heli resembles that of a coaxial...nuff said You who knows least of what rudder fix I speak

My mSRX rudder fix is championed by a 8-year-old boy pilot...bring Your best to contest piro skills and We shall see who's fortune is lost
Are you this weak in real life
ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 08:30 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

All in good fun, surely he jests...
If not leave him be, it's all for the best.

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 08:50 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Remember what HF is all about! But I for one can't wait to have my 200 SR X in my hands. Hoping they don't push it back and it comes out on time. Ill definitely give my thoughts and opinions about the heli after a handful of flights. But for my budget and flying style I think this will be my favorite heli to date! I can't get over the 10 minute flight times though! I'm real excited for this heli!
Old 01-30-2014, 09:34 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check out this video. It even does a loop. Very stable in the wind. No "Ballooning" that is sort of typical for fixed pitch when outdoors.

[ame]http://youtu.be/l3fCi-_d4dc[/ame]

My RC facebook and Youtube Page (please subscribe to get latest news and video):
http://www.youtube.com/zoomtt
http://www.facebook.com/zoomtt
edsel.labao is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACITceva View Post
I fully understand what you're saying and respect it.

But the thing is - it's easy to look back as an experienced pilot at your own progression and say "Why buy this? A quad and sim would have been so much more efficient". Real people in the moment don't buy helicopters retroactively and in reverse like that.

Instead what happens is a particular customer comes along and says "I want to get into this hobby and I'm not big on quads and sims seem like expensive software and I want to fly a helicopter outside TODAY. I'll log onto the Blade website and see what I should buy". So granted, a fixed pitch helicopter might not be the perfect, ideal and most efficient solution to learn 3D collective pitch.. but it seems to me it would probably be sold successfully to the customer I just described.

I probably would have bought this helicopter if it existed when I started last year and I bet it would have been pretty useful and fun - even if it wasn't the MOST effective path to CP.
Yes, this. My first Heli was a Scout. I went to the LHS with my son (4yrs old), and saw it on the shelf. I figured "what the hell". SO I bought it. Came home flew it around and promtly when on HorizonHooby and saw they had 120SR's on sale for $99 RTF. A week later I had 2 helicopters. A month goes by and I want something else else/easy to dink around with inside, so I pick up an mCX2 coax. Then I get a bonus at work and pick up a DX6i, Nano CP and a Phoenix. This is all from having been into planes from the 90's and loosing interest once I went to college (you know, girls...).

I had always dreamed of helis when I was in high school, but they were too big, too expensive, and too hard to fly. These little micros are great, but very limited. DOing it over again, a 200SRX would have been PERFECT. A 300X/450X would have been the next logical step up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
Points taken.

Sorry, gents, if I was too blunt crucifying the thing.

But still, imho, this does not bode well. I hope I am proven wrong.
Sorry I sounded harsh in my previous post, I sounded more funny-sarcastic when I was typing it...

But like many people have said before, just because YOU think a quad and a sim are the "best" way to learn, not everyone thinks like that.

I believe Brian (from HH) said "isn't it nice to have choices?"

Blade 450x V2, Nano CPx, 120SR, mCX2, Scout, DX6i. Just assume I have others, I probably won't update this every time I get a new heli... ;-)
jbrandt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 10:00 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsel.labao View Post
Check out this video. It even does a loop. Very stable in the wind. No "Ballooning" that is sort of typical for fixed pitch when outdoors.
Rationally it doesn't make sense to get this when I already fly 130's but I really like this thing. I want one! I'll let my kids think its theirs
ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 10:50 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally a heli that I need and will be what I can finally fly as I wanted to , with out crashing .

THANK YOU BLADE
Wattman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 10:54 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Another vid ,, Ok now I am pretty Impressed ,,, for a FP in the wind like this ,....Not bad at all looks like it has decent size & weight to be stable & seems to hold pretty well ,
It looks good in the air , I could see this thing looking really slick doing fast circuts on a hot summer day.. nice
Unofficial Video - Blade 200 SR X (2 min 43 sec)

Other than doing 3d , If you you saw someone flying this would you be able to tell its fp?

Last edited by dogtoy; 01-30-2014 at 11:58 AM..
dogtoy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seems like what we were all begging for in the 120SR forums when I was at the 120SR stage of this hobby around 3 years ago. I do not see this as an SR replacement. I see the 400/450/450X/300X/CFX as SR replacements. I see this for the person that wants the 120SR issues fixed or that just wants to move beyond the 120 SR without the commitment, cost, and often initial frustration that can go with CP.

I am no longer the target market for this helicopter, but I can appreciate a cool product. Who am I fooling? I think Horizon Hobby is a really cool company and that pretty much everything they sell is really cool. And I think it is cool that Brian and his bosses post on helifreak. And make videos.

I bought my father in law in Appleton, WI the RTF nano QX for his birthday in November. At 77 or so years old and too deaf to hear the tones he is still working on it. My 30 year old nephew in Oshkosh is salivating after it hoping his grandpa gives up so he can have it. I guess RC is beyond his budget. Perhaps I can convince my wife that we should give him the new DX6 and a 200SRX for his birthday in July?

Or would providing entry level drugs to someone that cannot afford the hobby be really cruel?
megawhacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 11:08 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Rationally it doesn't make sense to get this when I already fly 130's but I really like this thing. I want one! I'll let my kids think its theirs
Ka....ching , payback for all we do for them, I like your style!
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 11:57 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
"Hold on son, I need to check something on it, make sure it's trimmed right"

"Oh sorry, no more batteries, I'll have to charge them. You can fly it later."

Blade 450x V2, Nano CPx, 120SR, mCX2, Scout, DX6i. Just assume I have others, I probably won't update this every time I get a new heli... ;-)
jbrandt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 03:00 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandt View Post
Sorry I sounded harsh in my previous post, I sounded more funny-sarcastic when I was typing it...

But like many people have said before, just because YOU think a quad and a sim are the "best" way to learn, not everyone thinks like that.

I believe Brian (from HH) said "isn't it nice to have choices?"
I should probably state my apology clearer again also in the spirit of things,

Sorry, gents, that I crucified this thing.

I still don't agree with it, but I'll go with what you quote Brian said, and hope it'll not be a cx4.

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 05:50 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not a newb but far from great at flying CP's admitedly...

I've been looking for a "large" quality fixed pitch for some time now. BOOM, here it is.

I'm a plane guy mostly but think Helo's are cool too. So I'm a sport flier. I've never flown my CP's 3D--ever and don't ever intend too. I bought CP's b/c they're usually built better. Now I don't have too.

Plus, I think FP is way more mellow to control even when rates/expo are turned down on a CP. WIN for me and I believe many others as Brian said. You gotta realize not as many hardcore R/C Helo guys will be on forums like this all day and take time to comment. Not everyone takes this hobby to the "extreme". They just do their thing and enjoy it like everyone else
flyingpete is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 07:06 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup I'm sold easy basic flyer with some pep...and can handle the wind..I guess the wait is on!! Watch probably won't be out till summer.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:15 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 120 SR is my favorite helicopter. I was going to pick up another as a spare, but not any more!

Don
Digital Don is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 09:19 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by macz636 View Post
Yup I'm sold easy basic flyer with some pep...and can handle the wind..I guess the wait is on!! Watch probably won't be out till summer.

In the meantime, check out the 350QX and 180QX threads for StaGility Mode...it's like flying in Stability with the cyclic of Agility...and when you let go of the cyclic, it reverts to Stability...amazing
Old 01-30-2014, 09:20 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by macz636 View Post

In the meantime, check out the 350QX and 180QX threads for StaGility Mode...

its amazing !
Old 01-30-2014, 11:18 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
The 200 SRX is designed for beginners and for A LOT of people who don't care about 3d flying. Trust me when I say there are a lot more of these people than 3d pilots.

The 300 CFX has plenty of power, did you watch the video??
I apologize for complaining about the release of a fixed pitch heli to Brian and everyone else. I hadn't thought about how there are probably more beginners out there than than CP heli flyers. Also because something isn't right for me I probably should have left the discussion to those that are interested in that model.

The 300cfx looks more powerful in the video than I expected but maybe could have used a little more. We will have to see how it feels once released but maybe the new pinion is a good start
Old 01-30-2014, 11:26 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeliDude View Post
I apologize for complaining about the release of a fixed pitch heli to Brian and everyone else. I hadn't thought about how there are probably more beginners out there than than CP heli flyers. Also because something isn't right for me I probably should have left the discussion to those that are interested in that model.

The 300cfx looks more powerful in the video than I expected but maybe could have used a little more. We will have to see how it feels once released but maybe the new pinion is a good start
Well said...I've waited for the 200SRX for quite some time after getting a hint of pre-production ideas about a year ago...it will fill a much-needed market niche...

I'm gonna guess that the number of R/C pilots will double in 5 years

BTW...you have a DX9...get a 350QX or a 180QX and check out the StaGility Threads in the respective forums...amazing !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in