Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Other R/C Flight Simulators

Other R/C Flight Simulators Other R/C Flight Simulators

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 07:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone manage to sort out the HP6DSM's Channel6 20% ATV problem. What's the point in having a 6ch TX, if Ch6 only moves 20%, how ridiculous!?!
I have emailed Horizon, but so far no reply.
If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful of an email.
Cheers
RickyTan
RexyRicky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2010, 09:54 PM   #22 (permalink)

Default Prepare to "Follow" the thread to Other R/C Flight Simulators

This is a superb thread and needs to reside in the Other R/C Flight Simulators so that all of HF will be able to "find" it.

Very well done and a very good discussion.

Probably move over the weekend and will leave a 30 day redirect link in the SR forum so that it is not hard to find.

Great work.

Regards,
Mike
TowPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi All,

I did the modification on my HP6DSM (Stock for Blade SR) for using the PhoenixRC simulator with my china adapter. I had the problem where the power was going into the cable and taking all the power from the battery.

The mod works fine but i found that i was now an antenna for the TX and i had strange movement from the heli when touching the TX or the battery itself.

I plugged back the BLACK wire so it can ground itself. Everything is fine now.

So, only the RED wire has been removed.

Regards
Marc
Bellus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone know if this will work with the free "HeliSimRC" download. also I understand the individual who wrote that program is a HF member. If you "the programmer" read this please PM me. I may be able to assist in upgrading the program.

I have a BIT with a concentration in programming and I am dissabled. Nothing better to do at this time ,,,,would love to work on the code / experiment. Maybe try address compatablitiy issues / transmitters and so on.
joeblades is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have tried this and got it working once but had problems after restarting computer the next day in having things work.

I have the ppjoy and other software installed but its like the ppjoy forgot part of itself. It says to install a ppjoy file before continuing.

I don't want to have to jump through these hoops every time I try to fly on the Clearview sim.

I was wondering if anyone had some hints to make this easier and if there is a USB cable I could use instead of these seperate programs, I am willing to pay.

I have the Eflite Blase SR TX HP6DSM and have my choice of computer, either win 7 64 bit or win vista 32 bit.

Thanks for all the great work.
jeffgedgaud is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2011, 07:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellus View Post
Hi All,

I did the modification on my HP6DSM (Stock for Blade SR) for using the PhoenixRC simulator with my china adapter. I had the problem where the power was going into the cable and taking all the power from the battery.

The mod works fine but i found that i was now an antenna for the TX and i had strange movement from the heli when touching the TX or the battery itself.

I plugged back the BLACK wire so it can ground itself. Everything is fine now.

So, only the RED wire has been removed.

Regards
Marc

Did replacing the black wire while using the china adapter stop the excessive battery drain? I have a similar problem, but I have not tried any mods yet.
tnel17 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2012, 12:11 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default No Collective pitch, after reverting mod

When I reverted the wires, I accidentally switched red and black. The controller smells a little like burnt electronics. As far as I can tell everything works except collective. What I would like to know if this is the problem that is causing no collective pitch, and how would I get the part(board) to fix the problem. The swash plate is good. Cyclic controls still work. This seems like a problem from the transmitter side, but I am not sure. The helicopter was not crashed.
h34d4ch3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonB View Post
WARNING - This thread is for informational purposes only, if you mod your TX like this you are doing it at your own risk. If you mess up your TX you are 100% responsible for your own actions. Now on with the mod.

This is a tutorial for using the Stock Blade SR transmitter, or any model HP6DSM or LP5DSM Eflite transmitter, to connect to a PC running Windows Vista/7 32 or 64 bit in order to use FMS or Clearview R/C Simulator.

Cleaview:
Download Cleaview http://rcflightsim.com/download.html and install it.
Run Clearview, open the 'Settings' menu and select 'Controller Setup'. Setup as follows:
Throttle: Y Axis, reverse
Rudder: X Axis, reverse
Aileron: Z Rotation, reverse
Elevator: Z Axis, reverse
IdleUp: Set On: Dial, Set Off: Dial
Throttle Hold: F1 on and F2 off via the keyboard

Hit Calibrate and follow the instructions. When finished hit 'Accept'.
Simulate!
Brandon
I followed this portion of the set up instructions and found that while it did work, it put my tx in Mode 1 configuration, which most of us pilots here in the U.S. do not use. The following configuration is for Mode 2:

Throttle: Z Axis, reverse
Rudder: Z Rotation, no reverse
Aileron: X Axis, no reverse
Elevator: Y Axis, no revers
IdleUp: Use the appropriate dial/switch on your tx
ThrottleHold: Use your TH switch on your tx

Hit Calibrate and follow the instructions. When finished hit 'Accept'.
bowshooter51ga is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help me undo the trainer mod for HP6DSM please!

I removed the black and red wire. I couldn't get anything to work. Now I'd like to put them back but I forgot to record which wire went where? Anyone willing to open their HP6DSM EFlite radio and tell me if the red or black wire are closest to the bottom of the radio?

Rojo
rojogrande is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was able to install the required software onto my comouter but am having no luck with getting the ppjoy to map a joystick...i purchaced one of the new cx4s and have had nothing but problems with this heli. I now refuse to fly it and have a lp5dsm remote to spare, would love to get it to work on sims but i cant get the software to opperate proprly do i need to have the other smartpropo running in the background or someyhing to get the ppjoy to map? Danged computer programing can be sooo touchy and annoying sometimes

Im rinning windows xp pro and have alllowed tbe ppjoy to run even tho it dosent have micro test stamp approval

Im lost here now....
ThatGuyJay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am very new to this and this might be a very stupid question but, why do you have to make this mod in the first place? What would happen if you do not cut the red and black wires?
heli_shmeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2015, 04:21 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just got RealFlight and wanted to use my stock SR tx with it but it shuts off when I plug in the interface connect cable to the back of the tx. Was wondering if I needed to do this mod in order for this to work?
Obsolete is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2015, 01:16 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I managed to get this to work. So if anyone stumbles on this thread looking to get the SR stock tx to work with RealFlight 7.5 just follow the instructions as far as removing the wires go. Once you fire up RF you will have to go into select controller and choose Spektrum. For heli's it will use keyboard shortcuts for throttle hold and a couple of other things. Works with planes and helis.
Obsolete is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2015, 02:22 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just pulled the red wire from the 4-wire plug and my LP5DSM works with my cheapo HobbyKing FMS adapter for Heli-X and it continues to work with Phoenix. Strangely I had to recalibrate for Phoenix.

Now I just need to get around to putting the magic smoke back into my HP6DSM after connecting it without doing this mod.....
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2017, 08:23 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default LP6DSM and ALL IN ONE EBAY Adapter

Hi, i have bought an All in one USB adapter on ebay and i have an LP6DSM that come with my RTF Blade 200SRX, i have set the dip switch like you shown, when I pluged it to my pc the transmiter started to smell like burnt electronic i have unpluged it imediatly, what is wrong?

EDIT: Finally i get it to work, i have cut the red and black wire from the plug of the jack, and after 1 hour of setup i have done something good with Phoenix 5.5 its Cool! Also the dip switch setting is d.u.d.u.d.u.u.d.d.d

Last edited by Skully; 07-21-2017 at 04:47 AM..
Skully is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in