Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2014, 04:48 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ouch that sucks. Sorry, sounds like you got the one usually meant for me.

I don't suppose there are a couple Rx-1 and Rx-2 ports (like on the mini v's) or the solder pads you could hook to, to save it with a tiny sat rx, seems like a waste if the gyro is still working.

Nor would I think any seller is going to take responsibility for a faulty clone.

Guess it realized you had Emax servos in its future and it got spooked, I don't think it would have feared the Hitecs.

Are you going to repeat with another gy or go mini-v with regular servo ends and alternate Rx ports?
SkyKraken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2014, 06:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyKraken View Post
Are you going to repeat with another gy or go mini-v with regular servo ends and alternate Rx ports?
I don't learn form my mistakes so I there is a new GY280RX on the way . Tmart sells them slightly cheaper without the program box & booster (63 USD, free shipping).

I don't have hard feelings on RY280RX. It lasted longer and worked a lot better in general than my original 3-in-1 did.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:46 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gening Servos...?

Came across these the other day & cannot find any reviews of them..

Apparently quite a few rc glider people have moved to them after the recent Hitec 5035 issues.. ( read on a forum while randomly browsing for hitec 5035 servos )

Any one tried these...? they are quite similar spec to the Hitec's, but about 4-5 times cheaper..

http://www.hyperflight.co.uk/product...=Gening+Servos

Technical Details for Gening D531BB Digital Nano Servo

Torque @ 4.8V (kg·cm) 0.5
Torque @ 6.0V (kg·cm) 0.6
Torque @ 7.4V (kg·cm) -
Speed 0.09s/60° @4.8V
Bearing Type Top Ball Bearing
Motor Type Coreless
Dimensions (mm) 19x17.5x8
Weight 4.0g (0.1oz.)

Technical Details for Gening D541BB Digital Nano Servo

Torque @ 4.8V (kg·cm) 0.7
Torque @ 6.0V (kg·cm) 0.8
Torque @ 7.4V (kg·cm) -
Speed 0.09/60 @ 4.8V
Bearing Type Top Ball Bearing
Motor Type Coreless
Dimensions (mm) 19x19.5x8
Weight 5.0g (0.2oz.)
Strangedaze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2014, 02:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I received a new GY280RX and did the first ten flights with Emax 9051 servos on cyclic. They feel quite precise and center well and there is zero slop in the gear train. Weight is 4.9g - not 4.1g as advertised. They fit to Microheli frame but mounting holes are further apart so I had to expand the holes with an X-acto knife. The foremost servo arm almost touches the motor bell (only 0.2mm clearance between the servo arm & motor)

So far it is too early to say anything about durability.

Here is a video from a test flight in windy weather:

Testing Emax ES9051 on cyclic - unstabilized video (4 min 9 sec)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0481.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	537448   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0483.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	537449   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0482.JPG
Views:	669
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	537450  

Last edited by Picofly; 09-22-2014 at 02:19 AM..
Picofly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2014, 03:34 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

what is the current opinion about these servos. i know they been used before but couldnt make out whether they were any good or not. i have one on the tail and its ok. me and another 130x owner were thinking of doing full cyclic conversion with them on our 130x's.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=29327
Old 09-29-2014, 05:45 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I tried them and did not fly them long. The heli flew but was not as precise as with stock servos.

George - Taranis, 450x, 130x, mcpx-bl
Old 09-29-2014, 03:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

might still give them a go. id be happy to trade some precision, considering they cost so little. and wouldn't changing the gain or servo horn settings alter the precision? the main thing is it works and is reliable. anyway, its just theoretical at the moment as my linears are still working, but as soon as one goes bad im converting it to some sort of rotary servos.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverland View Post
what is the current opinion about these servos. i know they been used before but couldnt make out whether they were any good or not. i have one on the tail and its ok. me and another 130x owner were thinking of doing full cyclic conversion with them on our 130x's.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=29327
Had one on a tail and after a while kept randomly losing tail in flight until it finally quit. Didn't last long. I sure wouldn't get another let alone use them for cyclic servo's.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:45 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

mines ok. fairly locked in considering my tail gear has been falling off randomly. tbh the tail servo is the least of its problems.

any servo can fail. not only hobby king ones
Old 09-29-2014, 04:07 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow this post should read what cycic servos. PS a small hint the hitecs!
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2014, 10:25 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yo Pico,

Scotty's tag on this thread reminded me, I was going to point out what I discovered.

Looking at your pictures you are using the mounts for Hitec servos, I assume you opened the holes in the servo tabs to get the holes to align..

If you buy the MH servo mounting kit for MH servos, it flips the rear mounts and moves the rear servos back and helps keep the geometry on the swash correct.

It is more of a hassle to get to the (inside) screws, but looking at how forward those EMax servos sit, you might benefit from the $10 MH mounting kit for those servos.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:37 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My great luck has run out with my set of hitecs, stripped gears on 2 of them sunday, the other one has the famous rythmic jitter again, not even my worst crash. oh well close to 400 flights, pretty good track record for any servo. I'll pick up some gears and see if i can fix the other one. Maybe just the pot got knocked loose in the case. 130 down, first time in 7 months I'm down for more than 1 hour.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:54 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

You know bmc, for the price of the 2 replacement gear sets you can have a whole pile of BA servos!

Just joking, that is an amazing run of luck, you'll get another 400 on the next set of gears I'm sure. I've had semi-good luck with my Hitec's, I like them, but dang, for the cost of a single Hitec replacement gear set you can get a new BA servo, and it wont bounce.

I like options, I'm not sponsored by Hitec so bitching about the cost is part of ownership!
Old 09-30-2014, 01:29 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

can someone post the hobby king page for the blue arrow servo.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:05 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yo Pico,

Scotty's tag on this thread reminded me, I was going to point out what I discovered.

Looking at your pictures you are using the mounts for Hitec servos, I assume you opened the holes in the servo tabs to get the holes to align..

If you buy the MH servo mounting kit for MH servos, it flips the rear mounts and moves the rear servos back and helps keep the geometry on the swash correct.

It is more of a hassle to get to the (inside) screws, but looking at how forward those EMax servos sit, you might benefit from the $10 MH mounting kit for those servos.
I use mounts for Hitec servos but I didn't bother to open the holes in the servo tabs because they were made of soft plastic and they stretched just enough when I have tightened the screws.

I have to think about MH mounting kit. I have flipped my servo to swash links 180 degrees to get better link geometry. The rear servos fit fine and geometry is acceptable but the front servo arm is very close to motor bell. It would not harm to get it 1-2mm backwards.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DO3013.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	539295  
Old 09-30-2014, 09:10 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You know bmc, for the price of the 2 replacement gear sets you can have a whole pile of BA servos!

Just joking, that is an amazing run of luck, you'll get another 400 on the next set of gears I'm sure. I've had semi-good luck with my Hitec's, I like them, but dang, for the cost of a single Hitec replacement gear set you can get a new BA servo, and it wont bounce.

I like options, I'm not sponsored by Hitec so bitching about the cost is part of ownership!
Yes I could and for the price of one Hitec servo HK would surely have them at my door step in 3 to 4 weeks. One or 2 may even work. But then it's a crap shoot with hitec too so I don't know. I do know I'm tired of screwing with servos, tired of fixing leads, tired of reseating pots. I didn't used to mind tinkering with my 130 as I was trying to achieve something. It was achieved with the gy280, Lynx 3s motor, and hitec servos. Now the motivation isn't as strong, I just repair it when it breaks which isn't fun. I'm wondering if the hitecs will ever return to market, I don't want to buy one off some obscure ebay site and end up doing surgery on it again to make it work right. The one that started acting up was fine before, obviously the crash knocked something loose, maybe just the main gear stack. I don't fell like screwing with it right now. It'll be on the bench broken until I get some motivation back.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:01 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc76 View Post
My great luck has run out with my set of hitecs, stripped gears on 2 of them sunday, the other one has the famous rythmic jitter again, not even my worst crash. oh well close to 400 flights, pretty good track record for any servo. I'll pick up some gears and see if i can fix the other one. Maybe just the pot got knocked loose in the case. 130 down, first time in 7 months I'm down for more than 1 hour.
400 flights on the hitecs, do not complain. That is remarkable, plus they never got sloppy did they? I still think the hitecs are the best cyclic servos for this heli. If you want to play you have to pay. Ihave played with the blue arrows and worse hit or miss of any servo manufacturer ever. Plus the gear train is sloppy as you know what.
Ihave a stash of hitecs and all pre-cheked on the progammer/tester. Need some just pm me!
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2014, 10:32 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Scott you stock piled, well you sly helicopter pilot you, good thinking. I bought 3 extra, but ended up giving them to a friend who couldn't find any online. I need to keep what I have flying, although I now have 3 well used "spares" while I mess with BA's and wait for Hitec to get off the pot (literally).

Bmc, I'll let you know in about 340 more flights, if the $7 dollar servos are worth keeping, that will be about two months from now, weather permitting. I haven't planted it yet, that will be the best test.. Maybe I'll try a clock-wise funnel that's always good for a slap into the ground. I'd say something motivational, but that isn't my forte, I could taunt you will with ridicule, I'm pretty good at that, if you think it will help..
Old 10-26-2014, 05:14 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picofly View Post
So far it is too early to say anything about durability.
I managed to strip one of my Emax 9051 cyclic servos . It was a pretty hard crash. My Xtreme CF main shaft snapped like a toothpick and the rotorhead flew 1.5m away from the rest of the heli.

The good news is that I found a perfect replacement gear . This metal gear from a Blue Arrow replacement gear set fits fine. It is the same gear I already use with my BA D0313 servos.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF0573.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	545135  

Last edited by Picofly; 10-26-2014 at 11:33 AM..
Picofly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2014, 09:13 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you guys reversing the one servo or buying like that. Got the microheli carbon x frame and find I need a reversed servo. Man these are already tiny parts. Found some hitec hs-35hd ultra nanos. Looks like there isn't even screws to open case and that's probably a good thing as I would promptly loose parts like it have done already.
Bubbasanjohn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in