Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2014, 04:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My look at the new Lynx Ultra Main Frame Update w/video

Well I have well over a dozen flights in now with the new Lynx frame and here is my report and observations, both good and bad..... No issues thus far.

Frame looks nice and appears well engineered and designed.

After reading a few comments regarding weight concerns I am pleased my Microheli 7500kv motor and Glacier 450 mah batteries provide a 4 minute flight with acceptable battery results. More on weight below...

Frame appears to be perfectly designed for use with the Lynx TBS R boom and Lynx quad bearing tail box along with pitch slider, tail shaft and Lynx 29 mm TR blades. In fact once assembled there is no mesh adjustment. I was shocked, but with the head still off I spun the main shaft with 2 fingers and it is spun like glass, unbelievable. Freer than anything I've never seen. A more smooth and flawless 130x drive train. The boom has to be inserted all the way into the frame against the B gear bearing block and the quad tail gear box must be on all the way also.

There is room galore compared to stock frame setup in changing the A/B gears. Much easier.

Yes lots of screws, but once all have been Loctited you don't have to go back constantly checking screws. Mainly just checking the servo screws (into plastic). I did recheck them all after the maiden flight and glad I did because I had missed 2 screws and they were already backing out!

If you purchase one of these frames take note on a few hints during initial assembly to save a bit of frustration and time..

When applying Loctite to the frame screws do NOT apply any to the top/upper bearing block. You'll want to get your elevator servo mounted first. It requires you to hinge the top bearing block upward to easily get the servo and mounting tray in. As well you'll need to use the other longer supplied screws if you are mounting the anti rotation bracket to either side. In fact take the upper bearing block out before anything and Loctite the 3 special screws holding the top main bearing in place on the underside.

Same goes for the bottom bearing block. Make sure the 3 screws there get Loctite as well.

All 3 main bearing blocks are independently mounted and the bearings/block can be removed for cleaning/replacement without tearing the whole frame down like the stock one requires.

Don not apply any Loctite to the bottom tray until you have your motor in and your mesh set. I would like to see Lynx redesign the bottom tray to accommodate this without having to remove the bottom tray even to just check the screws for tightness or to re-mesh the motor pinion and main gear if needed.

There are a few screws you must insure to get Loctite and tight before cyclic servos are mounted. They are frame screws which cannot be accessed with servo's in place so be sure you get those before mounting the cyclic servo's. It's no biggie unless you forget then have to unbolt the servos to get to them.

I was initially concerned about weight after reading a few comments. I weighed both my green one and the new one with the Lynx frame without a battery. Each has full Lynx cnc DFC heads and swash, Lynx TBS R tail booms and complete Lynx quad bearing tail/tail box and such. Blades are also Lynx. The only difference in the two is the green one has a stock frame, stock canopy and stock motor and the new one has the new Lynx frame, fiberglass canopy and the MH 7500kv motor. Other than that they are pretty much the same. The weights are below.

Weights....
Stock frame/stock canopy with a stock motor ...... 106.8g
Lynx frame/fiberglass canopy and MH 7500 motor.... 115.7g
Difference of 8.9g

I can't complain or say it is too heavy as it fly's awesome, smooth and my Glacier 2s 450 mah batteries do fine with the MH 7500kvg motor. 4 minutes of aggressive flying with ending voltages well within the Lipo flight realm. Would I buy another? Yep and going to for my other 130. A few minor things Lynx could improve on, but the good outweighs anything I can think of.

Don't lose any screws yet lol! Lynx does not have them available to the public yet and most are extremely hard to find!

Sorry for the long post, but figured it might enlighten some and help a wee bit. Video is the 2nd flight of this heli with the new Lynx frame. Just putting around to insure all was well. Pretty sweet setup really. Video is best viewed in HD....

For some other pics see...
See post https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=36
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nf8.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	436.5 KB
ID:	539384   Click image for larger version

Name:	nf9.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	397.3 KB
ID:	539385   Click image for larger version

Name:	nf10.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	365.3 KB
ID:	539386   Click image for larger version

Name:	nf11.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	347.6 KB
ID:	539387   Click image for larger version

Name:	nf12.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	308.8 KB
ID:	539388  

Click image for larger version

Name:	nf13.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	417.5 KB
ID:	539389   Click image for larger version

Name:	nf14.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	539390   Click image for larger version

Name:	nf15.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	470.0 KB
ID:	539391   Click image for larger version

Name:	done2.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	380.0 KB
ID:	539392  

Last edited by firedude52; 10-08-2014 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: added video
firedude52 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks real good!
MiataJohn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I really did not want to see this. Why are you doing this to us?
Thanks very much, It is just great.
No, you did not do a long winded description. Please more details.
Have fun with it. John
John66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2014, 08:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

That`s a nice looking 130 Firedude. Looks like it flew really smooth. I really like the look of that Lynx frame.
I can tell why you picked that canopy, because it looks like it is on fire
Old 10-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys. So far over 2 dozen flights and not an issue one. There are several high points, but the biggest I guess is the drive-train. Plug n play with the Lynx parts I noted. NO mesh adjustment. it's just plain there spot on and smooth. I was a bit taken back by that, but sure not complaining.

As far as the canopy lol? The whole color scheme works well and there is no orientation problem regardless of aircraft attitude. Doesn't make me any better pilot, but sure know exactly where it is and what its doing.

Pretty impressed. I'm going to get another for my other identical 130. Different color combo of course. I've not owned any of the other aftermarket 130 frames, but I think Lynx did right sitting back watching the comments on other manufacturers frames while doing their design. A little pricey, but everything I'm seeing it's well worth it thus far. Just my personal opinion of course

Haven't piled it in for a crash test yet and plan on waiting as long as I can for that!

Lynx did tell me they will be out with a hardware kit etc for it soon.

I could be wrong and maybe Luca will chime in is I am, but it's my understanding they will be coming out soon with an inexpensive adapter kit for rotary servo's. I also assume there will be a whole separate rotary servo frame as well. Both are supposed to do the trick and suffice.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did forget to mention when putting on the stock main gear, most are used to pushing as hard as they can to drive it up against the bottom bearing. There is one screw in the very bottom of frame that will hit the "gear spokes" if you do. I simply just didn't go for broke seating the main gear and there is still some main shaft showing at bottom of gear and all is fine.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will have a 2nd frame in a few days and plan on doing a video on the things I covered and more before putting it to use and will post video here.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedude52 View Post
I will have a 2nd frame in a few days and plan on doing a video on the things I covered and more before putting it to use and will post video here.
Cant wait for vid
LYNX TEAM PILOT
FlightTime500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2014, 01:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a heads up.... Lynx is still out of stock on the frame and have only found 1 US vendor who had them. I got my other one and it showed out of stock afterwards, but a friend looked after that and it showed in stock for $65. If you set up an account with them and log in the price drops to $54. It says back ordered, BUT shows in stock. They are fast on email inquires so might check if interested....

https://tmkarc1hobby.com/lx1153-130x...vo-silver.html
Old 10-02-2014, 06:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My 130x lynxed out!

Old 10-02-2014, 07:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Man Rob! That thing looks SWEET!
Old 10-03-2014, 12:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

got mine ordered and cant wait!!! I can finally be free of this pitiful stock frame.
spoonerrw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2014, 09:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Firedude or anyone else doing a build. .
Did you have any thoughts of going stretch in your build? If not why not?
thanks, John
John66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2014, 09:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have considered a stretch but worry about the motor load on the main board.

I also want to keep everything as stock as possible for the rare occasion a landing is unplanned and not on the skids so I can swap everything around as needed.
Old 10-05-2014, 12:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

mine came yesterday... this thing is SWEET!!! the fact that I saved a bunch of money getting here makes it even better. thanks for the heads up on this Firedude!

Lynx... you did an amazing job with its design!!! I was skeptical at first due to its cost, but honestly... it is worth every penny!

just gotta wait for my MH 7500kv motor to arrive, and the switch will begin .
Old 10-08-2014, 12:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK I did a hap hazard video overview last night of the Lynx CF Frame here. Losing my voice as well (not feeling well), but gave it a shot because my other 130 is going in it today. I'm not a video person so did the best I could in a short time. I just wanted to give an overview to those who haven't seen it or might be interested. These are just my thoughts and the way I did things and realize many have already gotten this frame and may have done things different and that’s OK. Any questions fell free to post and I'll answer if I can or some of the others that have the frame can feel free to chime in. Best viewed in YouTube in HD....

Old 10-09-2014, 12:01 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

excellent job on the video FD and thank you for the written notes . mine is all done and in the air, and I am loving this frame A LOT!
here it is... the Lynx pimped 130X...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in