Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Kudos for HH, again.

I sent my 450X into HH after a CCW piro spin out of control, no rudder responce incident causing a crash. I asked nicely if they could consider a warranty repair. Once again they covered the repair. I received it back today thinking they just repaired it, and to my suprise they sent me a completely new 450X, the whole package, battery, charger, tool bag, manual. The invoice said the AR7200 was damaged. Along with the items broke in the crash, they decided to just send me a new one. I've heard people complain about these guys, but you can't get better than that. My only gripe is, brand new out of the box it has a bad vibration issue just like my 1st one did. Gets really bad on idle up mode. Everything checks out, makes no sense. 2 in a row, bad vibration? Take care.
mingledorffw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, Horizon is an amazing company. Try checking to see if the blades and balanced and are tracking properly.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tracking good. Scale shows blades at the same weight. I was reading Burcs thread down the list a bit and was going to take the grips off and check out the thrust bearings as he did. Spindle appears to be good. It flys good and all but just vibrates really bad in idle up. Please forgive me, It's not normal for the vertical stabilzer and landing skids to be vibrating so bad the are a blur, right? I'm just wondering if it's normal. 2nd brand new heli doing the same thing, ya know.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

It may be that CG is very different on the blades. I would refer to the finless bob section for balancing blades..

Another possibility: be sure that your main blade and tail blades are not too tight in the grips. Also, both main blades should have very similar tension in the grips.
I make mine just tight enough that if you put the heli on its side, the blades will stay out. Then a quick shake, they should both fall down the same amount.

I run my tail blades so they are very loose, not sloppy, but they barely will stay out on their own. Again, be sure both are the same tension. If one extends more than the other it will vibrate..

Finally, check your blade tracking. This can also cause vibrations.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I used to hear the air wing guys while in the military complain about helicopter's being a maintenance nightmare. I thought they where just whining. Thanks, i'm going to mess with it tomorrow.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location

just weighting them is not enough.

You need to balance them.
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I get the same vibration in idle-up. Blades CG matched to within .5 mm, weight matched to within .03g, balances on a magnetic float-balancer about as perfect as realistically possible. Still get a weird and really bad transitional harmonic on spool-up. Thinking that IU may just be hitting the next harmonic up for some reason, as there's next to no vibration at all at 70% throttle.
Soon as IU is flipped on though, tail fin turns into a wedge-shaped blur at the bottom, same with the skids; all horizontal movement from what I can see.

Has anyone tossed the whole mainshaft to head assembly onto a rotational balancer?
Alternately, perhaps the IU mode is changing how the blades spin out from the head... wonder how getting them straight, then tightening them down (firmly, as with a larger heli, instead of tap-to-drop) would work.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I get less vibs. with my blades slightly (loose). Not to the point that the root has play but just loose enough they don't! I really have not had bad vibrations only good vibrations from this heli .
Man that is great service. I know mine did dart off on it's own. I would have NO PROBLEM addmitting a crash! (I do it alot) And HH has made a ton a money from me!
However, they completly blamed me and then sent a new heli (just like yourself) to me w/another batt and all! But I wish they would have atleast said mine was faulty, it would have made me feel better! Oh well, but they said NO MORE WARRANTY! AHHh I just take that with a grain a salt, If my bird freaks out again, they will hear about it!!!
Hope you get that vib figured out, I agree to make sure balance is good, not just weight. I learned that on mine! This heli is great, When it flies right!!!
bradharvy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in