Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Tools and Supplies

R/C Helicopter Tools and Supplies Tools and Products used with R/C Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2015, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Heli - Need Batteries/Chargers

Hi all!

I just got a goblin 700 competition from dano78911 - who so far has been great by the way - and I am now in need of completing the setup with batteries and the chargers I will need for it.

dano78911 informed me he suggests using Pulse LiPo 5000 mAh 44.4V 45C sticks with it, and a Pulse Ultra LiPo 450 mAh 7.4V 30C because, "this will power up your 3sx until the kosmik bec activate. This small lipo will remain on the heli and will never require charge as your kosmik will keep it at 8v. This will also act as a backup for your servos in a situation where your kosmik failed. This is very unlikely but is recommended by kontronik"

He mentioned what setup he used. "So my charging setup consists of a 1000w junsy power supply with 2 icharger 306b. They are 30a chargers capable of charging 6 x 5000mah 6cells lipos each at the same time. I charge at 3c rate and takes about 9 minutes to charge 4 12s stick packs."

I looked for the junsi 1000w, but only found a 1200w. That's fine, no biggie. I figure that will work just as well, if not better. Is this correct?

I looked for the icharger 306b, and found it, but also found they have something called a icharger 4010DUO and was wondering if I could use that instead of 2 306b's?

Also, while I was looking around for these things, I realized I am going to need some form of connectors on these things to plug them all in, and I have no idea how people are charging so many batteries at once. I see they have some form of splitter to 6 external ports instead of 1, but not sure what they plug in there. Sort of hard to tell from the youtube videos I have watched.

If anyone would be willing to help me set this whole thing up I would be really appreciative. He mentioned a couple places to purchase these items from, but if you want to make a suggestion, that is fine to - I'm not tied to any one vendor at the moment.

Thanks to all that help!
mazer327 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2015, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well... is this your first heli? From what you say, it kinda sounds like...
Old 09-01-2015, 05:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco66 View Post
Well... is this your first heli? From what you say, it kinda sounds like...
It is my first voyage into the world of electric helis.

I had a raptor .50 nitro before that I was doing tic tocs with when I stopped last time.

So my first heli.....nope. First electric heli, yup.

That is OK right? I mean I am looking for help on the setup b/c I'm new. That's what this forum is for, or am I in the wrong spot?

Sorry if I posted in the wrong spot!

Thanks for help.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry bud my power supply is 1200w I made a mistake by telling you my setup was 1000w.
So many charging options available out there but the 306b I find very easy to use and have never had problems with numerous hours of charging.
Here is a old picture to give you a idea how the parallel charging works.

Btw, the kosmik included with your new heli has the ec5 plugs (same as these)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150901_174149.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	606212  
dano78911 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 07:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano78911 View Post
Sorry bud my power supply is 1200w I made a mistake by telling you my setup was 1000w.
So many charging options available out there but the 306b I find very easy to use and have never had problems with numerous hours of charging.
Here is a old picture to give you a idea how the parallel charging works.

Btw, the kosmik included with your new heli has the ec5 plugs (same as these)
And again you pull through for me, buddy! Even while you are away from home on a business trip you are willing to help. Much appreciation. I made a great decision purchasing from you. This pic is worth 1000 words.

Thanks again!
Old 09-01-2015, 09:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is that Junsi 12-24v? If so great because you'll want 24v to make maximum use of your 306b's (or 4010 duo if you get one)

Basically with already having two 306b's the only reason to go to a 4010 Duo would be for convenience and a nicer GUI with stored charge profiles. In my opinion at least. Unless you need to charge more than 6 cells.

As far as charging goes, here is a great site to do some reading on. https://sites.google.com/site/tjingu...allel-charging

also don't forget the Lipo and Charger sub sub forums in the Batteries and Charging sub forum here https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10
Old 09-02-2015, 12:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazer327 View Post
It is my first voyage into the world of electric helis.

I had a raptor .50 nitro before that I was doing tic tocs with when I stopped last time.

So my first heli.....nope. First electric heli, yup.

That is OK right? I mean I am looking for help on the setup b/c I'm new. That's what this forum is for, or am I in the wrong spot?

Sorry if I posted in the wrong spot!

Thanks for help.
Of course it's ok! The fact you were flying nitro explains it
Just got the impression it was you first heli, I would have sincerely told you "forget it" )))))))
Old 09-02-2015, 12:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

It all depends on few factors like:
Do you charge batteries at home before going, or do you charge at the field?
Will you have many batteries?
Do you want to charge (and discharge) fast, or you are not in a rush?
Old 09-02-2015, 01:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks to all for the replies and the assistance!

I will check out the links for sure.

Sorry if this doesn't post immediately. There seems to be a delay due to me being so new.

Thanks again to all that have helped!
Old 12-01-2015, 11:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazer327 View Post
I charge at 3c rate and takes about 9 minutes to charge 4 12s stick packs.
how do you charge a pack in 9 minutes at 3c?
kuroguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2015, 11:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroguy View Post
how do you charge a pack in 9 minutes at 3c?
He's probably charging from storage change (~50%-). A 1C rate from storage should be ~30min, at 3C a charge from storage should be ~10min. The times vary depending on the charger settings, how much balancing has to get done, the exact starting voltage and the exact termination voltage, but at 3C from storage I would count on about a 10-13min overall time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in