Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Multiplex FunCopter

Multiplex FunCopter Multiplex FunCopter Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Mine works!

Ok guys I got a Funcopter RXR about 2 weeks ago.I'm trying to set it up as a trainer for some guys at my club. It had some issues from the beginning but I worked my way through them and now I think I have them fixed. I will post pics and video later as I have to get to work in a couple minutes. I will tell you that I upgraded to a Spartan Quark with a HS-5083 on the tail and Castle Creations 45amp esc. These upgrades were partly due to faulty stock components. I just flew about 9 minutes of hovering and fast forward and backward flight and the tail held great and when all was said and done I still had about 39% left in the battery. (Maxamps 2200mah 3s)
I do feel this heli is going to be the Hobby Zone Supecub of Rc Heli's. This heli is going to bring lots of people to the hobby.

Again I will post pics and vids as soon as I can.

Carpediemkayaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2010, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Wow, this heli is awesome. I really got to test it at my local field tonight and I'm just amazed at how good this heli flys. Smooth ,quiet, easy to hover.

Well I will start from the beginning. I got the heli about 2 weeks ago. I set it up per the manual with all the stock gear that come with RXR version. The head from the factory was set perfect. I could not however get the tail to work to my liking with the stock gyro. Also one of my first flights I was at about 8 minutes into flying and I needed full stick just to hover so I landed checked the battery and it showed 44% left, it was then I noticed the esc was hot. So then I decided to put a quark on the tail and quit fiddling with the stock gyro. As I was setting up the quark with a rx pack I had about 4 brownouts on my spektrum rx I just thought my rx pack was low. So I got the gyro set up and I tried flying it and I had 2 more brownouts about 10 seconds into flying now I was confused. I knew my 3 cell lipo was fully charged. So I looked over the heli and found the esc was hot again. So I switched out the esc thinking it might be bad. Well the heli flew ok with the new castle creations 45 amp esc but after a 5min hover the esc came down hot.

This morning while testing the heli I noticed my tail servo was not centering properly when I was in rate mode. It was slow to center and sometimes it would not find center. So I switched out the tail servo for a Hs-5083 I had lying around, well low and behold that fixed my issues with the esc being hot and now the tail is rock solid. I think that I had a bad tail servo from the beginning and thats why I had the subsequent problems of, tail not holding with stock gyro and the esc over heating due to the servo pulling more amps,

When the stock esc gets replaced I'm going to try it, I think it will work fine. I'm however going to leave the Quark and Hs-5083 on the tail as this makes this heli an awesome hover trainer.

Multiplex hit the nail the head with this one. Easy to fly fixed pitch heli about the size of a 500. Not to mention the flight times. I was able to get over 11min on a 2250mah 3cell lipo.

I'm looking forward to flying this in the winter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00371.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	179106   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00374.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	179107   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00375.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	179108   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00379.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	179111  

Old 09-09-2010, 11:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Can hardly wait to order one for myself.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

just heard about this. i am gonna get me one of this.
i'll follow the mods you guys have done, maybe mostly.
i got msr and sr120.
i will not go back to cp for sure.
is this heli easy to fly as the sr120? any inputs?
BIG THANKS.
prophead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2010, 09:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

also, can anybody give me the dimensions of the battery?
i'd like to order ahead or at same time with the heli, but at hobbyking (cheap batts here).
thanks again.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

another Q: what comes with the non-RR kit?
and what kind of gyro u guys use?
thanks again.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

this is the battery i use http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9394
specs are listed
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
AtTheCross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2010, 09:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophead View Post
another Q: what comes with the non-RR kit?
and what kind of gyro u guys use?
thanks again.
for the non-RR (ARF) you will need

Basic set up
3 hs81/hs82mg servos
36a ESC if you don't get a CC one get one where you can program it as the motor can be picky with startup/timing settings with of the ESC
gyro
battery

everything else is included

You can get a better tail servo if you like
HSG-5084mg is what I use for the tail with the futaba gy401 but you have to put the gyro in DS off for this servo as the frame rate of the gyro is too high for the servo

my set up:
HS82mg on cyclics
HSG-5084mg on the tail
Futaba GY401 gyro
stock ESC (i bought the RR version and through crashes replaced the servos)

I recommend a gyro that you would use on a 500 class heli, the gyro that comes with the RR version does not hold the tail very well

check my Funcopter specific site: www.funcoptermods.com
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

@Carpediemkayaker, The manual I got with the AK version said to use the outer holes on the cyclic servos.

I noticed your RR version has the elevator and pitch servos set up to use the inner holes on the horns. Did it come that way?

xspare is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2010, 10:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspare View Post
@Carpediemkayaker, The manual I got with the AK version said to use the outer holes on the cyclic servos.

I noticed your RR version has the elevator and pitch servos set up to use the inner holes on the horns. Did it come that way?
wow, attention to detail
Old 12-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Yes Xspare they did come like that with the inner hole being used on the horns. Sorry for the long time to reply. The head was set up great out of the box. I didn't have to adjust anything.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried mine with the controls on the outer and I thought it was a little too quick so I moved them to the inner....much smoother on center stick with less expo required I thought
70 Mach 1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in