Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 02:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Real Flight running Phoenix now?

I understand that Real Flight and Phoenix might be kind of connected at the hip now.

The reason for this is a recent talk with the tech folks at Real Flight. I was having a problem reinstalling Real Flight, so I contacted them. During the conversation, the subject of Phoenix Flight Sim was mentioned by me and the tech said, "Oh, we work on that one as well".

Does anyone else know what this might be all about? I have thought that perhaps the tech folks that support Real Flight might also supply tech advice for Phoenix here in the states. What I am saying is that perhaps Phoenix and Real Flight use the same folks for supplying tech support.

I also could not help but notice that the two websites look as though they are using an uncanny look alike theme.

TuDogs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2008, 05:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tower Hobby was/is the official US distributor for Phoenix. The are also joined at the hip with Real Flight. SO I guess they sort of support Phoenix.

But, they made the initial oder of Phoenix to be the distributor, then refused to order any more copies to try and kill it.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2008, 08:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

So that is why it appeared as though they (Phoenix and Real Flight) appeared to have a connection of some kind.

Well, I think there are die hard Phoenix fans as well as Real Flight fans. It seems to me it would be advantageous from a marketing standpoint to support both products, unless there is an issue with profit margins. After all, competition does lend itself to a more developed product and in turn increases sales potentials overall.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

But you normally don't compete with yourself.

And Phoenix rules.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2008, 07:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Yes, Phoenix Rules

I have both sims and Phoenix is the one I prefer for all the reasons that have been posted here.

How many companies have you seen buy out a product line and do research and development paying close attention to what the customer is looking for in this proven product line? I have seen on Helifreak many different opinions all about the same thing that all get the same end results.

Real Flight IMHO seems to be a more game arcade experience while Phoenix feels more like actual R/C flying. Of course I am referring to heli flight. I get the impression that the people that did Phoenix actually do fly R/C helicopters 3D. But then again, this is an opinion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in