Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Audacity

Audacity Audacity Pantera Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2015, 06:20 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Not sure yet. Was all charged up to go fly Saturday then the wife decided we needed to go shopping. Then Sat night into Sunday brought snow then rain then fog. Now it's a whopping 10 degrees outside lol. Maybe if it's above freezing this weekend ill try for a couple more flights.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
richmurphy83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2015, 06:23 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't forget to discharge your packs to storage
Jerry Moore, AMA #878954,TARANIS OpenTX- Pantera 600 FB - Pantera .60 FB - Takes a licking and keeps on kicking! KISSAM = Keep It Simple Stupid: Affordable, Maintainable -
Visit Early and often - http://open-txu.org
Jermo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2015, 06:24 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh yeah it took me like 3 hours to discharge all 4 packs for storage. For some reason my charger would only discharge at 1 amp. Next time ill just hover it in the driveway, boring but not as boring as 3 hours on the charger lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2015, 06:37 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just purchased 2 6s 5200mAH packs for my Mustang. I'm thinking of trying them in my EPantera as 12s. Not sure how it will fly due to the weight. I'll need to adjust the head speed a bit as I'm setup for 10s. I don't expect any issues.
Jer
Jerry Moore, AMA #878954,TARANIS OpenTX- Pantera 600 FB - Pantera .60 FB - Takes a licking and keeps on kicking! KISSAM = Keep It Simple Stupid: Affordable, Maintainable -
Old 01-06-2015, 06:50 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Big ass packs work best with 690/700mm blades in my opinion. I limit my 12S exploits with 600mm to 620mm blades to 3200mAH packs. The big uns work but it's definitely heavy at that weight (the disk loading). However, the disk loading with the larger battery packs 5000mAH) using 700mm blades is perfectly fine.
AMA # 47381, IRCHA #745

Last edited by jbeech; 01-06-2015 at 09:29 AM..
jbeech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2015, 06:59 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

ROFL.. well considering that I had planned to stretch my EPantera to 700 anyway it's a good thing.. I think my setup is good for it I just need to re-run the numbers.
Jer
Old 01-06-2015, 05:56 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also have a set of 4000mah packs I will try at some point. They just barely fit under the motor so they should work. I would also like to set up telemetry so I can monitor voltage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2015, 11:34 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I finally got to fly her again last night after ll this time so ifigured I would give an update.

I am amazed and happy as to how well it flies. The beastx is rock solid and locked in with no quirkiness to it (coming from 3gx) and the power system is butter smooth. After 5.5 min of some loops, rolls, and stall turns the esc was cool the batteries were barely warm and the motor only slightly warmer than the batteries. Next time I fly I am going to bump up my flight time a minute as my batteries were at 45% upon landing.

I'm kickind myself I waited this long to fly her but I dumped a butt load of money into a trex 700 zenoah conversion so that took maiden priority this spring. But the pantera is so much smooter and obviously quieter than the trex.

My only mishap yesterday was trying to adjust the gyro I accidentally hit TH only about 30 ft up. Just barely had enough head speed to not do any damage. I need to fix my bailout settings in the esc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in