Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 08:50 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikej View Post
That makes sense - I hope that we have have both, the buttons and lights so that we can adjust everything at the field, and the PC so that we can easily store and update and keep known good settings while testing other set-ups.

Cheers,
Mike.
I agree
At this moment, we still can easily set up the Microbeast with the button/LED procedure and fly without problems.
If we want, we can also make these two settings with the PC (not mandatory).
I'm happy that people hevinga multiblade helis can electronically phase their rotors with the Microbeast, as I am using the revomix (best tails I've ever had).

Ciao,
Egidio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I know that for traditional hh gyros, it is typically advised to not use revo mix.

Does the BeastX handle this function differently then? Im wondering, does it sense the torque and apply appropriate pitch on the tail blades like traditional revo mix, or is it adding tail pitch based on some amount of main blade pitch, than after that allowing the tail gyro to do its comp? it seems that it may be the latter.

Rooted MT3G + Cyanogen Mod 6.1 + Tapatalk = WIN
nexgen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's a different kind of revo mix, like you said.
450 flew perfect with the 30%(or whatever value it is), tail sat perfectly still in pitch pumps. The 600 needs more than 30 as it still wiggles a little on pitch pumps. I'd say the beastx tail is nearly identical to the vbar in performance now (vbar still has optimizers which do make a small difference)
Andyzboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2011, 11:50 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexgen View Post
I know that for traditional hh gyros, it is typically advised to not use revo mix.

Does the BeastX handle this function differently then? Im wondering, does it sense the torque and apply appropriate pitch on the tail blades like traditional revo mix, or is it adding tail pitch based on some amount of main blade pitch, than after that allowing the tail gyro to do its comp? it seems that it may be the latter.

Rooted MT3G + Cyanogen Mod 6.1 + Tapatalk = WIN
There is an internal algoritm (correct?) that, detecting the pitch command (collective and/or cyclic), return a pitch pre-compensation to the tail.
If you can, try it!!! It's incredible, starting from take off.

Ciao,
Egidio
Old 03-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyzboy View Post
I'd say the beastx tail is nearly identical to the vbar in performance now (vbar still has optimizers which do make a small difference)
Vbar has revo mix also
SidewaysLS4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was just saying that the vbar still has a little bit more than the beastx in terms of tail performance. I ran the vbar for a few months before the beastx, and their performance is getting really close now.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4 View Post
I think some things really need a PC, there is only so much you can do with a button, a few LED's and an external guage. I having a hard time figuring how exactly one could input a revo mix angle or degrees of phase using just a button
How about this...

Phasing:
a Leave Setup H well alone. It teaches the MB the servo attachment points, ie how to implement a desired slant. Not at all clear to me what this has got to do with phasing.
b Pick a well-defined reference point (to be given by the manual). My favourite would be due backwards - the tail boom. It's in the same place whatever the heli. Grab a blade and align it with that reference.
c Given that we seem to be out of LEDs, let's assign the phasing setup to Param H - who cares.
d When I enter Param H, let the MB slant the swash such that there is ONE POINT somewhere on the swash that now pitches up 6*.
e Let me use the rudder stick - as per usual - to rotate this slant around the compass to the left or right.
f I will push the button at exactly that point where the slant (somewhere around the compass) will pitch the reference blade to 6*.
The MB knows where the reference blade is pointed. It knows where the slant is. Put the two together and your phasing is sorted. Easy. No PC required.

Revo Mix:
I have not looked at the s/w but will hazard to guess that the PC interface will offer an accuracy for tuning this setting that is totally spurious (ie not a good reflection of the innate approximation of the algorithm).

On Param F, there are still plenty of colours unassigned. So simply give me three standard settings to choose from: moderate, medium and strong. These should be understood as ratios, along the lines of moderate=+1.5* tail for every +/-1* pitch, etc.

If you really care, let black allow the user to define like so: I will set my left stick to a certain pitch position and tail position. When I press the button, this means I want that much tail deflection for a change in pitch as given.

If you wonna go nuts, give us Param G so that we can tell the MB the ratio between cyclic and pitch.

Anyone see any flaws in this? If not, I might PM labmaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
Sticky.
Why
ollie2893 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie2893 View Post
How about this...

Phasing:
a Leave Setup H well alone. It teaches the MB the servo attachment points, ie how to implement a desired slant. Not at all clear to me what this has got to do with phasing.
b Pick a well-defined reference point (to be given by the manual). My favourite would be due backwards - the tail boom. It's in the same place whatever the heli. Grab a blade and align it with that reference.
c Given that we seem to be out of LEDs, let's assign the phasing setup to Param H - who cares.
d When I enter Param H, let the MB slant the swash such that there is ONE POINT somewhere on the swash that now pitches up 6*.
e Let me use the rudder stick - as per usual - to rotate this slant around the compass to the left or right.
f I will push the button at exactly that point where the slant (somewhere around the compass) will pitch the reference blade to 6*.
The MB knows where the reference blade is pointed. It knows where the slant is. Put the two together and your phasing is sorted. Easy. No PC required.

Revo Mix:
I have not looked at the s/w but will hazard to guess that the PC interface will offer an accuracy for tuning this setting that is totally spurious (ie not a good reflection of the innate approximation of the algorithm).

On Param F, there are still plenty of colours unassigned. So simply give me three standard settings to choose from: moderate, medium and strong. These should be understood as ratios, along the lines of moderate=+1.5* tail for every +/-1* pitch, etc.

If you really care, let black allow the user to define like so: I will set my left stick to a certain pitch position and tail position. When I press the button, this means I want that much tail deflection for a change in pitch as given.

If you wonna go nuts, give us Param G so that we can tell the MB the ratio between cyclic and pitch.

Anyone see any flaws in this? If not, I might PM labmaster.

Why
Have you tried to use this little application?
Old 03-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie2893 View Post
<snip> Why
why not? surely this software will grow to accommodate more, and future enhancements, a sticky like this is a great place to house this type of dialog.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #30 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexgen View Post
why not? surely this software will grow to accommodate more, and future enhancements, a sticky like this is a great place to house this type of dialog.
Thanks nexgen.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by egicar View Post
Have you tried to use this little application?
I trust it's great. I have been back and forth to the laptop with the 3G no end. Hated it. Also one reason I did not replace the 3G with a vbar. Greatest thing about the MB was that I did not need to do all this. Oh well, if, as you are all clamoring, the MB's LED interface is at an end and the PC's the way forward, then the CGY750 will be my next port of call, I suppose.

PS: I accept, judging by the vitriol on the BeastX forum over the past year about the lack of a PC link, that I am probably in the minority of one with my opinion.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:52 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can still program the beastx like always, they're not going to disable the stick programming
Old 03-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyzboy View Post
You can still program the beastx like always
Of course. I just happen to think that most people - myself included - would benefit from enabling tail pre-comp, or would at least want to give it a try. And for some, phasing will be absolutely essential.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:46 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by airjawed View Post

What exactly is the asymmetry function?
Asymmetry is a compensation function if the rudder moves unequally in both directions (there are no negative values since the value depends also on the setting for the main rotor torque). Under normal circumstances it should not be necessary to use this - default is 0.
Helico-pteron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Helico-pteron : I saw that on the beastx forum. I've experimented with putting in a high value... and what this does is make the slider move dramatically in one direction vs the other. Either I will need to adjust the asymmetry until left and right piro stops are equal or I'll adjust the asymmetry until it feels solid and even by hand(no main blades on). If anyone has ideas I'd love to hear!
Old 03-09-2011, 03:15 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

bummer they didnt include high and low pitch swash levelling.
DannyvG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2011, 10:31 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

maybe they will add that in the future, that would be a nice feature to have.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Can I ask a question. Why would swash levelling for high and low be required for an FBL system? If you move only the collective, up and down, to make climb outs straight, surely an FBL system, such as the MB, knows that you are meant to be climbing in a straight line, and if there is any tendency to roll off, won't it sense that and correct accordingly. In other words, isn't the swash position, in flight, totally dynamic, and controlled entirely by the MB, in this regard?

I thought the only important thing here was for it to be perfectly level, at zero, which is MB's reference point?

Mine never was perfect under FB, and I would pull out in loops etc, but I never could entirely work out if it was me or not. I have the same servos now, and cannot set high and low levelling with the MB, so any errors I had should still be there, worse in fact, due to the lack of any form of correction at high or low, yet my climb outs now are straight, and my loops track perfectly.

This was a bit of a revelation actually, because no matter how hard I tried to adjust my FB set up before I could never get it perfect, reasonably good but not great, so I assumed it was me putting in unwanted aileron, but it can't have been, or else they wouldn't be straight now, unless I just got better, which is not impossible I guess, as I am improving.

Just wondering.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

good question. The control loop is capable of filtering out mechanical imperfections to a certain extent. A slow figure as a loop shouldnt be a problem. But for example a tictoc would need constant correction and this can be to demanding for the control loop. So when minimizing this during setup the control loop has to do less corrections.
DannyvG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2011, 12:02 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the explanation, but I am still confused.

Would not high and low levelling, in software, not mechanically, just be another sub-routine to be added to the control loop, making the corrections even more onerous, and perhaps slower?

Thanks again.

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in