Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Century going out of Business?

Whats going on with century? Esprit model is dumping everything Century, Rons, just put everything Century on a "fire" sale...and Heli-Worlds site is all messed up...no one is answering the phone, no one is responding to emails, half thier crap is on "pre order"...

Century shuting down?
gassed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 09:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Last time I was able to get ahold of some one was in Feb. I have been waiting for part to come back in stock for 4 months.

I am going to be off for a bit and I was going to try and get ahold of them.
TRex 450L 6S Spirit FBL
Mr.HillBilly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sadly I think they are out of business. I just got my swift flying nice and now there isn't going to be parts support I read a few things elsewhere and it seems they are claiming bankruptcy.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow you guys are seeing a lot , I just went on the Heli World site and see that there new web site appears to be online now that I have heard mentioned about before on here in another thread. I do not know anything but I do see a new website? Do you have any proof Jay131 or are we just winging it ?
Old 04-08-2014, 07:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post
Wow you guys are seeing a lot , I just went on the Heli World site and see that there new web site appears to be online now that I have heard mentioned about before on here in another thread. I do not know anything but I do see a new website? Do you have any proof Jay131 or are we just winging it ?
I am just going by what I have read. I hope that I'm wrong and they are remodeling or something similar. I read everyone carrying Century parts are unloading them and not restocking and it seems to be true. I looked at a couple places and the parts are discounted and being removed from the site when they are sold out. I wanted to stock up on some parts but all the ones I need are out of stock except for Heli-World and im not about to give them my credit card at this point. They don't answer the phones,or emails and I keep hearing that word "Bankruptcy". I'm just going by what others have said and the fact that everyone selling Century products are dumping them at a big discount and not restocking, and there is no way to get in touch with Heli-world right now. Like I said, I really hope im wrong because I like my Swift and would probably order another Heli from Century but my gut tells me they are not coming back.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Use PayPal if you do not get your parts they will shoot you a refund in like 2 days. I got my last parts order about 4 weeks ago, and actually I did talk to someone I tried to add a part and it had shipped already.

I forgot a b out that one. As for Esprit Models goes they are off loading stuff that is not selling good, they got rid of all of their Synergy stuff also.
TRex 450L 6S Spirit FBL
Mr.HillBilly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay131 View Post
I am just going by what I have read. I hope that I'm wrong and they are remodeling or something similar. I read everyone carrying Century parts are unloading them and not restocking and it seems to be true. I looked at a couple places and the parts are discounted and being removed from the site when they are sold out. I wanted to stock up on some parts but all the ones I need are out of stock except for Heli-World and im not about to give them my credit card at this point. They don't answer the phones,or emails and I keep hearing that word "Bankruptcy". I'm just going by what others have said and the fact that everyone selling Century products are dumping them at a big discount and not restocking, and there is no way to get in touch with Heli-world right now. Like I said, I really hope im wrong because I like my Swift and would probably order another Heli from Century but my gut tells me they are not coming back.
Threads like this kill me! One sure way of reducing sales is to post conjecture like this! & hey maybe it WILL cause a bankruptcy. I say, if a company is going under (& I'm NOT saying Century is) the last thing they need is posts like this.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Most likely moving to a direct sales model hence the improved website

Still in business, additional new products expected in 2014

carey shurley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jay131 just what you read hu ? well why don't you just post links. please no RR links we don't need the lies and drama
Lieutenant Dan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan View Post
Jay131 just what you read hu ? well why don't you just post links. please no RR links we don't need the lies and drama
Yes it was RR where I read about this but I have had the same experience as many there. No one answering the phone at Century or answering emails. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong because I like the Century Heli I own and would consider buying another one but now that Heli-World is the only place to buy them and all the other places in the U.S. are no longer going to carry them it makes me leery to pull the trigger on another one for now. I hope they are just going through a restructure and are staying in business but it does seem funny that they won't respond to calls and emails.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyan View Post
Threads like this kill me! One sure way of reducing sales is to post conjecture like this! & hey maybe it WILL cause a bankruptcy. I say, if a company is going under (& I'm NOT saying Century is) the last thing they need is posts like this.
Conjecture? They won't answer their phone or emails, and there are several people on their FB page asking whats up with them and why they aren't responding to anybody trying to contact them. If everything is all good over there wouldn't they answer calls and contact? Maybe in time they will explain whats going on and hopefully stay in business. Sorry but as a customer I'd like to know if its possible to get parts or customer support and right now the FACT is that no one seems to be able to get either.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey shurley View Post
Most likely moving to a direct sales model hence the improved website

Still in business, additional new products expected in 2014
+1

Their account is in good standing with me and I have heard through the grapevine they are about to introduce new stuff. For me, the phone support was better here when I had one of their machines. Don't put to much stock in rumors time will tell the story.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay131 View Post
Sorry but as a customer I'd like to know if its possible to get parts or customer support and right now the FACT is that no one seems to be able to get either.
Granted, so do I, I have a G20 Radikal, but my post STILL has merit if you'd like to read it more carefully. I'm not sure that your "FACT" about "everyone not being able to either", is true. Everyone is a lot of people. Hey even some are posting now, what do you know!

Your damaging the reputation of your own heli manufacturer by posting stuff like this prematurely. Oh ya and you want a sustainable parts supply in the future, and how is this post helping that? I don't get it.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

The sky is falling! Gotta love the good ol internet for a reliable source of intel!
Bustedmp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2014, 06:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyan View Post
Granted, so do I, I have a G20 Radikal, but my post STILL has merit if you'd like to read it more carefully. I'm not sure that your "FACT" about "everyone not being able to either", is true. Everyone is a lot of people. Hey even some are posting now, what do you know!

Your damaging the reputation of your own heli manufacturer by posting stuff like this prematurely. Oh ya and you want a sustainable parts supply in the future, and how is this post helping that? I don't get it.
I'm not trying to damage their reputation the fact is I can't get a hold of them so I started searching and I just relayed what I have read. I seen a lot of people were having the same results that I was when trying to order, call, or email them. I was just answering the op's question with my results and what others were saying. I'm not trying to bash Century in any way, I really like the fact they sell kits without electronics which seems to be rare these days. I didn't post to bash anyone or bicker with people, if my response was not helpful then ignore it please and if I offended anyone I apologize because that was not my intent. Like you said "everyone is a lot of people" I'd like to hear that someone has got a response or ordered parts and received them recently, I'd be happy to be wrong.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default well my 2 cents

ordered a mainshaft and rudder blades from heli world.......took for ever, and all I got were the blades that I could of lived without, and ave not been able to call or email the site for my money or mainshaft......I guess the deal I got on a gasser was a bad idea if I cant repair it........sorry my rant......I hear a lot of things....but I have a slip from them with a phone number....and I cant get thru.......
cruzroy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2014, 09:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

It would figure they might be going out of buisness. Seems like all the helis I have are becoming hard to get parts for. My Hirobos have non exsistant parts support now in the USA and have to order from Japan. My JS Models 3D Frenzy 50 has no parts support pretty much anymore and now my Century helis may be in the same boat, my N640, Swift 16 and Kinetic 50 may have no support. At least the Swift and Kinetic 50 are going into fuselages.

I started out with Kalts and that brand died, sure be nice to fly a brand that will be around for awhile. i need to figure out a brand to fly that will be around for awhile but really am not interested in a Trex. Bad thing is the N640 has not even been in the air yet.

I sure hope this is not true.
jimm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2014, 11:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It is not true , as mentioned they are having some grief with the new website . As for the phone and email I agree they need to get some key people for those positions. Another option has been mentioned , there is very good support in Canada for the Century line if you are ever in a jamb . There is a distributor and dealers here to help. Take care
Old 04-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dennis P what is the Canadian source for Century parts? I just picked-up a 550 Carbon Swift and having been trying to contact Heli-World about some issues with the kit.

brian
bwillhite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

From my previous discussions with them indicated that they are always extremely busy on Mondays and Tuesdays. Consequently, l have always find it hard to get any telephone or e-mail response from them on those days.

I did e-mail them an order late Friday evening and got UPS notification of the pick up on Tuesday, so I expect it Thursday.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in