Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsneffe View Post
Today I finally could fly the net 12 m HP03t 8500 kv outdoor - with Spin 14000 kv main.
It is by far better than my old HP03t 6 magnet.
The tail holds very well, but not perfectly.
Anyway, there is a shiver of the tail when hovering. This is not evident in my HP05s / HP02t mCP x. I even would say, the HP02t tail with the HP05s main holds little better than the HP03t/Spin.
Both are with Plantraco props, Spin with MicroDeans and 500+ batteries, HP05s with 300 mAh mCP x batteries (MiniAviation, Turnigy).

Walter
I have a hp06 with the new 12 mag hp03t and thre is no loss of tail ever unless its a setup issue. As bee said make sure you ca the tail rotor on.
branmuffin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by new bee View Post
You think maybe the Prop needs CA'd to the shaft??
It is - and it is also balanced.
I do not necessarily blame it to the motor.
The mCP x is a mysterium for me - I have five mCP x (at least main BL), and all of them fly sometimes wonderful and then, after a crash or whatever, there is "something" what makes problems.
But anyway, this mCP x should be quite fine, no crash (at least before I started my first outdoor flights today lunchtime), and the shivering was also evident when flying in the living room.
But it is not a big problem, the tail is very, very good, and there is only a slight blow out when catching the heli after very hard manoevres.

Anyway, it is not perfect - perfect was my HP05s/HP02t mCP x in the beginning (now I have also sometimes slight tail blow outs).

But if everything would be perfect, there would be nothing to look for anymore, and nothing to try, and no tinkering... so what

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsneffe View Post
Anyway, it is not perfect - perfect was my HP05s/HP02t mCP x in the beginning (now I have also sometimes slight tail blow outs).
Hi Walter,

Just last week I finished a HP05s/HP02t after reading how happy you were with yours. I've got a HP06v2/HP03T and a 450x, though this latest lightweight build is fantastic!

I've found with all my helis I'm always chasing the little niggles... though when they're flying well it's worth it.

Thanks,

Paul
wadders248 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Walter
What ESC do You have for tail? What Rev. of BLHeli?
Old 07-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #85 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

I am currently playing around with a C05 Oversky 10a pnp setup for mostly sport flying and general flight training, but eventually some mild 3d and I have a question:

I am currently using an extended tail with a stock motor, kbdd tail prop, When I punch the throttle, I do get tail blow out, not totally unexpected. Other than that it's fine unless it's a tight turn, etc.

Is the HP03t too much for a tail for this thing? I have one on order to use with my BL msrx, and I am wondering if it would be the answer to my problems here as well. Would be using a blheli xp-3a.......

Or, what is the common setup for a bird like this?
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Achim,
I use the HK 5 A 2.2 in this heli.
I used the Walkera 2.2 in the HP05/HP02 mCP x when it ran perfectly, but after problems with the tail ESC (?) I changed it to a Supermicro 3.5A (donno which version, but probably newer than the others, got it later from Steffen), maybe thats the reason for the slightly worse performance of the HP05/HP02t mCP x now.
Have only one Walkera and one Supermicro 3.5 for tail, but several HK 5A, thats why I now have to use them

Walter
Old 07-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Once you turn a MCPX brushless especially double brushless it no longer is the near indestructible maintence free abusable flyer it once was. I spend more time maintaining my 2 double BL mcpx's than i do flying it seems, not because of crashing but things need to be re-evaluated after every flying session.

The few times i have neglected to maintain them inbetween flights i have had alot of issues arise. This bird is not designed for these motors and must be in perfect condition to fly the way they should. ITs fun, but alot of work!
branmuffin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by branmuffin View Post
ITs fun, but alot of work!
Its a lot of fun - I love my 5 BL mCP x.
It is especially a lot of fun in a big area.

I never would go back to a brushed mCP x. Saw a guy flying his Walkera Mini CP last time I was flying - and saw, how boring this can be.
He could not believe what he saw when he saw my Spin and HP05 mCP x flying.

It is a huge difference

Walter
Old 07-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

hey guys,
you said a lot but I cant figure out where is the difference between the 8500kv 12mag. and the 8000kv 12mag. I need a really strong tail for my hp08 2s but I can currently just get the 8000kv. So has the 8500 really much more thrust ?. There is no answer in this whole thread.

thanks
Old 05-19-2015, 06:24 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default switch from 6 to 12 magnet bell

Someone pls tell me:

when i remove the 6 magnet bell of my 7000kv hp03t and replace it with a 12 magnet bell will it then be a 3500kv motor or will it stay a 7000kv?

When i switched the bell the motor spinning direction reversed but i could compensate this via blhelisuite.

i got no clue ;-O
MrTal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in