Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2015, 09:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default First issue, but against me.....

Ok, so I have a feeling that I might end up here for the first time EVER.

Here is the deal, and normally I do everything and anything to help my buyer and all those who have bought from me know that. I over state any issues with anything that way the buyer knows exactly what they are getting.

So, I sold some batteries. Done it many times. Posted pictures of the batts (with EC5) and had them hooked up to a hyperion tester. Also plugged into charger to show IR. Then right after taking pictures I "re-put them" into storage charge by running a cycle on them with my iCharger duo. Everything worked perfectly fine. Right after doing so I boxed them up. A buyer purchased them and I sent them off. Got a message about two weeks later saying that one was not "reading" on the charger. Went over a dozen things and told him to send it back and I would refund.

I got the battery back yesterday. To my surprise, it had no connector. Now I know everyone changes connectors but I was unaware that he had changed them. That said, I am all about making things right for something that is my fault but how am I to know that this guy didn't screw up the battery when he cut the plugs or tried to re-solder it. That said, I called Paypal, knowing that this is going to be his next step, and PP told me that once he modified the batt he loses buyer protection.

Now like I said. I am ALL about doing the right thing and making things right but I know for SURE that the battery had worked perfectly fine prior to shipping. Heck I had flown it twice a week before shipping. But at this point I am tore and I do not feel it is fair to me at this point because with batts one little hiccup and its toast.
irishmatt18 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Update:

I just put an EC5 back on the battery... It works perfectly fine....... So he did screw up what ever he had done and now wants me to pay the shipping to send it back. I already paid the 12 to ship and now it will be another 12... He paid 40 for the battery...... That means I will walk away with 14 after fees... WWYD.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Offer to split the cost of the shipping and call it a lesson learned for both parties. He technically has no recourse with PP and would need to pay to have it shipped back since there wasn't anything wrong in the first place other than something he created.

However, 6$ isn't worth the hassle he may cause over it, and this way you both split the cost of the issue evenly and one isn't any better off than the other for the process.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Well irishmatt18, sounds like you did everything right.

Imagine returning a battery to Horizon Hobby with the connector removed! What would they tell you?

Maybe the buyer would be happy to pay you for installing the connector he wants?
Skapr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2015, 01:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I should charge for installation, the cost for the EC5s, solder, electricity, labor, fuel, and shipping/handling. Maybe I will come out ahead.

On a side note. I just got an email, after sending pictures to him with it charging and working just fine, that he is accusing me of having the polarity different this time. I don't understand him and now I am getting a little upset. Besides. What would the polarity have to do with my EC5 that was on there when HE was the one that redid the plug to deans. Who uses Deans plugs on 6s batteries that size anyways.........
Old 06-06-2015, 10:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Keep it and sell it to someone else, or make him pay for all the shipping and for the EC5. Should be an expensive lesson learned on his part, he screwed up, not you.
RCHN #633
Grimmy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2015, 08:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

sell to someone else, he sounds like a moron.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is just ridiculous. What a headache dealing with ppl like that. I would ask for everything back just based on principle. Tell him you don't sell to divas. This is going to be the guy that tacos the battery 6 weeks down the road and files a paypal claim against you.
OXY rep
DCflyer is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2015, 04:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCflyer View Post
This is going to be the guy that tacos the battery 6 weeks down the road and files a paypal claim against you.
^That!
BoozinFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2015, 11:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree. I am still torn. If I don't send a second time he files a PP claim, but I already had to work on the batteries again to test them so who knows what will happen. I am going to let this one ride and see what happens. More to follow.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar78 View Post
Old 06-30-2015, 04:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

trust your gut and run away.
Old 07-04-2015, 05:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmatt18 View Post
Who uses Deans plugs on 6s batteries that size anyways.........
Alan Szabo, according to some who like to argue that deans are perfectly fine on large current applications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar78 View Post
I agree, the guy is a moron, "Polarity"... really? Even if it was he couldn't tell that immediately? IDK about you guys, but my Icharger bitches mightily if I plug something in backwards.
jbaum81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2015, 01:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

So update, I made him "release" me in an email explaining that he accepts anything that happens to the working battery and spent another 10 to ship the stupid thing... Should be done an over with, although I hope it does burn out and crash his heli though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in