Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JLog - The JIVE logging stamp

JLog - The JIVE logging stamp JLog - The JIVE logging stamp - Official English Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2015, 11:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help! Need this dumbed Down

Hey Folks,
So i have been trying for 3 days straight to get my Jlog 2.6 GW working.I have searched the forums translated the manuals and tried everything I can, If some one could just make this simple for me i would really appreciate it. I will list my setup below.

Jeti R3 Ex reciever
Ikon FBL
Caslte edge 160 with livelink

So how do i hook this thing up:

Do i need to make or buy a y cable that i keep hearing about?

what is the wiring: as in what goes where,

Esc Wire
Live link Wire
Wire to go to receiver, etc.

Again i am really sorry if this a a silly request but i am really stumped with this one.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2015, 03:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

R3?

So you feed PPM or UDI into the Ikon?

Ok.. port 4 of the R3 is always telemetry, just connect to JLog's "COM port" and pull the red wire. This way you should already have the telemetry, all displays still on zero of course.

Power supply of JLog will run into its "JIVE port", just put the pulled red wire on the "yellow pin" of this port.

Now the ESC: The protocol CLL needs to deal with a single throttle pulse, - input to JLog on one pin of its "OPTions port", output to ESC on another pin of OPT port. (the latter line is transceive) The convenient way of wiring for the two throttle pulse lines is that "Y" harness:

The principle behind is that:

..can buy it also ready to use here.

Well.. now the throttle source pulse is not coming from a receiver in your setup than from the FBL (Ikon): receiver PPM/UDI --> Ikon in --> Ikon throttle out --> JLog --> ESC
That difference is only a question of wiring, question is: From where the throttle pulse is running in to the Y harness (or corresponding pin of JLog)? Strictly speaking, is this no special thing dictated by JLog, you anyway need a throttle signal given by the FBL which extracted it from a "sum protocol" as PPM or UDI what is the only data input to the FBL. So it's the same as with other setups: the single servo pwm (throttle) is not directly going to the ESC than via JLog. That's it.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The above regarding ESC connection whereas ESC==CC. -- Telemetry:

Old 05-08-2015, 01:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Okay thanks guys for all the help, i think i need this dumbed down even more. So i got the y adapter pictured above and I think i wired it correctly, i am still confused though because i am not getting any telemetry in my Jeti. I have Live Link Enabled and using the esc wire that is normally connected to throttle on my IKON going into the Y adapter, then the other out to esc going back into the Ikon throttle channel.
Any ideas?

i am using ppm by the way.
Old 05-10-2015, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

pls attach ur CONFIG.txt (SD) as well as version.txt
Old 05-12-2015, 01:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl7uae View Post
pls attach ur CONFIG.txt (SD) as well as version.txt
Hi Tom,
I got it figured out and got telemetry to show on my Jeti, only issue is i am having the motor pulsing problem due the Castle ESC. I did some research and seems like this is on Castle. So i am just going to start combing for sale threads for an ESC that is known to play nice with the Jlog, and maybe revisit at a later time. I just want to fly now. hehe
Thanks,
Tom
Old 05-12-2015, 05:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, that twitching.. Now I made new firmwares (at least for all telemetries != HiTec and SPEKTRUM) and there should be no more reason for that from frequency and phase jumping of the throttle pulse coming from source.. but as still and frequently reported here: the problem seems to remain.

So gradually I think the CC has generally a problem with the inverted pulse in CLL mode..
Old 05-13-2015, 08:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in