Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q

4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q Walkera 4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 04:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What should I get to use WK 2402 in sim training??

I already have flight sim for R/C training (X-Plane), and my WK 2402 had a training port.

What I'm looking for now is to get my WK 2402 recognized by Windows game controllers. Anything? I can't seem to find such gadget when I researched in the internet.

timewerx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2009, 07:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

RC sims are designed to be used with rc TXs, X-plane isn't designed to be used as an rc sim

X-plane isn't a sim that will teach you anything about how to fly an rc heli anyway, and I'm not sure it will be possible to use it with any rc TX.

Sims such as Phoenix, Realflight and Clearview are popular, but if you don't fancy spending the cash, have a look at this one:

http://www.marksfiles.net/HeliSimRC/index.htm

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2009, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
X-plane isn't a sim that will teach you anything about how to fly an rc heli anyway, and I'm not sure it will be possible to use it with any rc TX.

Sims such as Phoenix, Realflight and Clearview are popular, but if you don't fancy spending the cash, have a look at this one:

http://www.marksfiles.net/HeliSimRC/index.htm

Dusty
Wow, thanks for the link, it also mentioned the name of the usb cable! Anyway, X-Plane has full support for R/C training. It has the Raptor 30 which I can re-design/re-size to handle like the 4#3b. It has the very important 'R/C POV' which will teach me very important stuff, obviously, orientation and nose-in maneuvers. One thing it can't simulate is indoor flight.

I wonder if this can be detected by Windows XP game controllers in control panel and work with my WK 2402 tx, if so, then I'm gtg!

http://www.waigohobby.com/products/p...Flying%20Cable

Old 12-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewerx View Post
Anyway, X-Plane has full support for R/C training. It has the Raptor 30
I have an old copy of X-plane somewhere, I don't even remember it having a heli in it never mind an rc heli - unless we are talking about 2 different X-planes, do you have a link to the one that you have?

There is a cable specifically for Walkera TXs, I'm not sure if that's the correct one in your link or not as the text doesn't display in English

EDIT: I just spotted this:
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...51&postcount=6

Dusty

Last edited by Dusty1000; 12-28-2009 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: add link
Old 12-28-2009, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
I have an old copy of X-plane somewhere, I don't even remember it having a heli in it never mind an rc heli - unless we are talking about 2 different X-planes, do you have a link to the one that you have?

There is a cable specifically for Walkera TXs, I'm not sure if that's the correct one in your link or not as the text doesn't display in English

EDIT: I just spotted this:
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...51&postcount=6

Dusty
THanks again! I called my local Walkera store, they don't have it yet til next week or so. They somehow mentioned that the WK 2402 is using a different type of port and will not support the older ones.

BTW, the X-Plane I'm using is the latest, v9 http://x-plane.com/pg_store.html

You can try the demo first but I'm not sure if the demo had R/C support. I think X-Plane only had R/C support (transmitter support) from v6 onwards. There's quite a few R/C models available, but obviously, you can make your own.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info on X-plane, it is the same one, I think it's version 7 I have. I bought it, installed all 70GB or so, then decided within half an hour or so it wasn't for me - guess I should have tried the demo first

Dusty
Old 12-29-2009, 09:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I could see why you didn't liked it. I've stopped X-Plane ever since I got into this heli hobby

I actually got the v7 too but without the 60GB scenery. If you were able to fly the helis back then, they have become much more difficult to fly on v9. The R/C helis still fly easy though, like real.

The only reason now to use X-Plane is when I'm designing fixed wing craft. Some people from the community have successfully used X-Plane to design R/C planes, not so much with helis though.

Old 12-31-2009, 05:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heres what i use with the walkeria transmitter

http://www.marksfiles.net/HeliSim/index.htm

and

http://www.rotorquest.com/product_in...oducts_id=3171

It also works on FMS and with the original EFlite blade CP radio as well as hitec radios

Its a blast

good Luclk and Happy New Year
Cman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2010, 06:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Cman and Happy New Year too! Still no luck.. I actually ended up, modeling the 4#3b in X-Plane v9 and had to contend with a dual analog stick gamepad.

Took me two days modeling the 4#3b and tweaking the setup to 'match' the real life 4#3b handling, plus another two day practice on the virtual 4#3b.... Now I can hover about 10 seconds with heli facing either left or right and 5 seconds nose-in for the first time in the real 4#3b after two days in the gamepad and X-Plane flight simulator. I could hover on a full battery tail in though before the sim training.

But this is what I want to prove, that I can learn sides and nose-in all from virtual training. And so far so good, it's working even with a gamepad until fear and panic sets in! I have no walls to hit in the simulator! Imaginary walls, maybe, but you don't fear imaginary walls, let alone, crashing in a simulator!

I probably need hours upon hours of sim training though.... On another note, I took me 2 months of intensive, realistic driving sim training to be able to drive a go-kart like a pro for the first time!

Last edited by timewerx; 01-03-2010 at 09:51 PM..
Old 01-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman View Post
Heres what i use with the walkeria transmitter

http://www.marksfiles.net/HeliSim/index.htm

and

http://www.rotorquest.com/product_in...oducts_id=3171

It also works on FMS and with the original EFlite blade CP radio as well as hitec radios

Its a blast

good Luclk and Happy New Year
Hi, I've bought a cable from a HK seller on ebay, but something isn't working ok. Windows has installed a driver and the device is named PPM and alot of right arrows. I can't seem to calibrate the radio so when i try to use the sim, the heli simply crashes. Did you use a driver that came with the cable? I'm using a WK-2401 radio.

Thanks

Edit: well I was checking and the chanels don't seem to work on, possibly the wrong driver, but the cd that came with is that said Driver, I only seen there the FMS game, not the driver... If someone has a driver that can send to me.
MoRtYMer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did not use the CD.

The transmitter has to be turned on (yes that stumped me for a bit for some reason) and it has to be mapped where you select which channel does what
Cman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2010, 06:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewerx View Post
I already have flight sim for R/C training (X-Plane), and my WK 2402 had a training port.

What I'm looking for now is to get my WK 2402 recognized by Windows game controllers. Anything? I can't seem to find such gadget when I researched in the internet.
Hi, I have a similar problem.

My 2402 is recognized by windows (7, 64bits) qnd hence also by HeliSim RC and Heli-X.
But when I try to calibrate it (under Win or in the simulators) nothing moves when I move the sticks.

Anyone knows if this is normal ? Is a specific driver needed ?

Regards,
HornetMaX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 08:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can get the WK2402 to operated when you cabibrate the sticks, but when I go to try to fly nothing happens using FMS Simulator.

Help
Red5Ltr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in