Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Nitro Helicopters

600 Class Nitro Helicopters 600 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2015, 07:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default align ds615 servos buzzing?????

just powered up align ds615 servo's i bought new off ebay. but i have a question? when i mounted them on my trex 600n dfc without servo horns or voltage regulator or gyro they seem to be fine. but when i hooked align hsp61007t aluminum servo horns with linkage connected to them they start buzzing?? is this normal? how can i fix this?
jmerritt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2015, 07:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If there is any load on them they will buzz as they push back against the load.. Most likely if you just move the blades slightly the buzz will stop, so it's most likely nothing to worry about most servos buzz in that situation.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah the 615 are noisy
sdunne is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2015, 05:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

so this is normal? will a voltage regulator help once its installed? along with the gyro?
Old 08-06-2015, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

No a regulator willnot help. It sounds like the linkage rods are not perfectly matched up or the ball links may be to tight of fit causing a load on the servo. The load on the servo will burn it out if that is the cause as it's fighting to centre itself. Check those links and make sure the rods are correct, if you remove one linkage rod on a servo does it go away? If its all brand new and the rods etc are correct then fly it and the links will wear in quickly and the buzz will stop, please determine the correct cause of the buzz, I hope this helps you out.
flyswatter40 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2015, 02:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyswatter40 View Post
No a regulator willnot help. It sounds like the linkage rods are not perfectly matched up or the ball links may be to tight of fit causing a load on the servo. The load on the servo will burn it out if that is the cause as it's fighting to centre itself. Check those links and make sure the rods are correct, if you remove one linkage rod on a servo does it go away? If its all brand new and the rods etc are correct then fly it and the links will wear in quickly and the buzz will stop, please determine the correct cause of the buzz, I hope this helps you out.
yes servos,align aluminum servo horns,linkage are all brand new. so far i took the linkages off twice and measured them twice to what the manual says on the measurements.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmerritt View Post
so this is normal? will a voltage regulator help once its installed? along with the gyro?
So how are you powering them now?.. and what regulator are you going to use.

Like i said, buzzing is pretty much normal. Unless the blades are perfectly level and perfectly straight in the grips they will put load onto the servos which makes them buzz. As long as the load isn't much it does no harm, if you take the blades off you should find that it stops.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
So how are you powering them now?.. and what regulator are you going to use.

Like i said, buzzing is pretty much normal. Unless the blades are perfectly level and perfectly straight in the grips they will put load onto the servos which makes them buzz. As long as the load isn't much it does no harm, if you take the blades off you should find that it stops.
right now just plugin it in straight into the receiver. i have no voltage regulator yet. will be buying one soon thinking of going with the reactor x2
also rotor head is not mounted yet till i get the swash plate leveled. still have the elevator servo to hook up yet.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

How are you providing power to the FBL and receiver unit ?

These are low voltage servos and rated at 6v. I trust you're using a BEC, or regulator ?
Dawiev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2015, 07:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawiev View Post
How are you providing power to the FBL and receiver unit ?

These are low voltage servos and rated at 6v. I trust you're using a BEC, or regulator ?
right now i'm just hooking a 2s battery to the receiver. no bec or regulator yet. but that's on the list next time i get payed. just got a gpro gyro in the other day just not hooked up yet.

got a stupid question? whats the difference between bec and a regulator? or are they the same?
Old 08-06-2015, 07:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

the helicopters i built before did not have this new tech stuff! no voltage regulators,only 1 axis gyro at that time.

i been out of the hobby few years. and missed the hobby so decided to come back to it. but now have to learn the new tech all over again from what i was used to. just learned about the flybarless head. not just trying to figure out how you hook up the electronics. got a general idea just not sure on few things like how the gyro and voltage regulator hook up?
Old 08-07-2015, 12:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

2s battery puts out 7.4 - 8.4 v . If you leave it plugged in for any length of time, I believe the servos will get very hot and burn out.

You need something to take the battery volts and drop it down to 6v, to match the servo power limit. This can be a BEC, or regulator.
Dawiev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 01:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
2s battery puts out 7.4 - 8.4 v . If you leave it plugged in for any length of time, I believe the servos will get very hot and burn out.

+1.. a 2s LiPo is too high voltage for those servos and risks burning them up.. You would be ok with a 2s LiFe battery but if using the LiPo you need a regulator... The Align one isnt good enough something with higher current rating is needed.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

You need something to take the battery volts and drop it down to 6v, to match the servo power limit. This can be a BEC, or regulator.
no i just plug battery in to test servos and such. and when i'm done testing i unplug the battery from the reciever.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
+1.. a 2s LiPo is too high voltage for those servos and risks burning them up.. You would be ok with a 2s LiFe battery but if using the LiPo you need a regulator... The Align one isnt good enough something with higher current rating is needed.
i don't plan on using the align 2n1 voltage regulator. herd lot of bad reviews on the switch going bad! so thinking about buying a reactor x2 to use instead.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

found a new in the package Scott Gray Reactor X2 High Voltage Regulator for $85. would this be a good replacement voltage regulator?
Old 08-14-2015, 03:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok got another question? just got my scott gray reactor x2 voltage regulator in the mail today. so how do i hook up from receiver to gpro gyro to the voltage regulator? using align ds615 and ds655 servos. anyone have any idea's??

don't want to damage or burn anything up.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

T-Rex 600N | T-Rex 500 ESP | T-Rex 500 GF | T-Rex 250 (Love this little bird) | 22 year old Shuttle ZXX
Ozz58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2015, 01:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz58 View Post
ok question? how about the gpro gyro? don't see that in the diagram?
if the 3 servo's are plugged into the voltage regulator what do i do with the gyro?
Old 08-18-2015, 03:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmerritt View Post
ok question? how about the gpro gyro? don't see that in the diagram?
if the 3 servo's are plugged into the voltage regulator what do i do with the gyro?
sorry read your post to quickly, but wouldn't the gpro go between the receiver and the reg?

Or you could just use the regulated voltage off the regulator to run your receiver and gpro and just plug the servos in the gpro. Not sure if you are running HV or not.

T-Rex 600N | T-Rex 500 ESP | T-Rex 500 GF | T-Rex 250 (Love this little bird) | 22 year old Shuttle ZXX
Ozz58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in