Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2014, 08:19 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrsteele View Post
Referencing the main shaft requires removing the swash and the head to get enough realestate to calibrate the RC logger. What a pain in the ass. I may start using mast that you can screw into the RC logger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no, you dont need to do all of this. all you do is follow my previous post. take the blades off, and insert a carbon rod the same diameter of you blade grip bolt through the bolt hole, and line the carbon rod up with the center of the mainshaft. take a few steps back and look at the heli from the side, it is fairly easy to line it up perfectly. then, install you blades with the fbl still on the trim page of your software (so the blade grips are locked still), and use your blades to set 0 pitch at that point.

Team KDE Direct, TRM Power, Byron Fuels, MKS Servos
LoveToFly1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2014, 04:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

No carbon rods laying around, but shouldn't the mast that screws int the rclogger accomplish the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2015, 02:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
BD Forum Support

Here are my two cents.

The only reason for not having the equal collective is the geometry from the cyclic servo horns up to the blade grips. Just a little off from being square and here you go. Two things to do.

1) get the geometry right - easy to say but harder to do. This is actually the best you can do.

2) lower the collective end points in the radio to get the equal collective. Never go above 100% in the diagnose for any chanel!!! You can go only down with the end points. This is MANDATORY!!! Just get your geometry as best as possible and then fine tune it like this. That's what I do.

I would say bellow 1° difference you can fine tune it by #2. Everything more than 1° difference and you should play with your helicopter's geometry.
popokatepetl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2015, 07:49 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by popokatepetl View Post
Here are my two cents.

The only reason for not having the equal collective is the geometry from the cyclic servo horns up to the blade grips. Just a little off from being square and here you go. Two things to do.

1) get the geometry right - easy to say but harder to do. This is actually the best you can do.

2) lower the collective end points in the radio to get the equal collective. Never go above 100% in the diagnose for any chanel!!! You can go only down with the end points. This is MANDATORY!!! Just get your geometry as best as possible and then fine tune it like this. That's what I do.

I would say bellow 1° difference you can fine tune it by #2. Everything more than 1° difference and you should play with your helicopter's geometry.
For this issue i have been adjusting the pitch curve in the Tx to get both positive and negative equal, is that wrong? i have not experienced anything bad doing it this way but need to know if i am wrong using this method.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:38 AM   #25 (permalink)
BD Forum Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abanihani View Post
For this issue i have been adjusting the pitch curve in the Tx to get both positive and negative equal, is that wrong? i have not experienced anything bad doing it this way but need to know if i am wrong using this method.
That's actually exactly the same. Just don't raise but lower only.
End points are general thing and collective curve can be different for different flight modes. That's all...
Old 01-02-2015, 11:27 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Speaking of that, for optimal geometry, is the 90 degrees role is for the servo horn hole or for the swash plate rod. Often times the heli is build in a way that the rod is not truly parallel to the main rotor shaft, offset in an angle so to speak. So is it better then to attach the rod to the swash plate first and then get the 90 degrees to that rod instead striving to get 90 degrees between the servo and horn?
Old 01-02-2015, 12:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
BD Forum Support

Correct procedure

First of all you should have long enough servo horn. I personaly set 10° cylic and try to have servo travel between 70-100 points.
Now I go to the TRIM page and set the servo horns square to the links which goes to the swashplate. I mean servo horn to the link and not the servo horn to the servo's case like I see quite often!

Now I measure the positive and negative collective. I move the whole swashplate up or down by changing values in TRIM page for all three servos at once. Do it until you have equal collective positive/negative.

That's the right procedure. I do it only on my 700 which I want to have in 100% shape. On my 500 class helicopters I just set it close enough let's say <0.5° and then use the radio's end points for collective to fine tune it.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by popokatepetl View Post
Correct procedure

First of all you should have long enough servo horn. I personaly set 10° cylic and try to have servo travel between 70-100 points.
Now I go to the TRIM page and set the servo horns square to the links which goes to the swashplate. I mean servo horn to the link and not the servo horn to the servo's case like I see quite often!

Now I measure the positive and negative collective. I move the whole swashplate up or down by changing values in TRIM page for all three servos at once. Do it until you have equal collective positive/negative.

That's the right procedure. I do it only on my 700 which I want to have in 100% shape. On my 500 class helicopters I just set it close enough let's say <0.5° and then use the radio's end points for collective to fine tune it.

Popo that makes sense and I have been doing it wrong all along this would explain why occasionally I have to adjust the link to level the swash instead of having them all the same exact length. I had to adjust two which were 1 mm and .5 mm off to level the swash after my last crash. Drove me crazy but adjusting the linkage was a habit I picked up from starting with micros.
Only problem now is I have to go set up my helis again. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:59 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

OR you can throw the POS Align digital gauge against the wall and buy rc logger ... like I did! ..

Every time I went from zero at mid stick back to zero my max pitch changed by 3 degrees!

All good now ...
kayakboy69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2015, 11:00 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys I will go back and double check all linkage .. its on my E5
kayakboy69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in