Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 12:49 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

ahh i guess im busted, this is what is in my most flown heli.

im waiting for "something" , and please dont ask what that something is,i cant use the sk until i get that, and its not something i can buy.
fusionsx00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2011, 07:22 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok, that's 2 full strips of 3M 4010 gel tape, please post the detailed pics of the mounting when you get around to experimenting with SK720 again (not the interim versions, just the final successful configuration that you always seem to arrive at ).
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

will do,

its good to see someone who can see past the smoke that others cast when a problem arises with there (smigle voice >) "my precious fbl unit".

if anything these problems that i so un-luckly encounter, will be resolved and present a better more stable platform for all
Old 11-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If anyone asked for my opinion (which they usually don't ) you should be on their payroll, Fusion, with all the test flying the hot fixes and general debugging of the platform.

Now, that came out nice, managed not to mention any brand names here, so even Georgi can't accuse me of misrepresenting the facts
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #65 (permalink)

=]

Last edited by georgi UK; 12-02-2011 at 03:01 AM..
georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
with all the test flying the hot fixes and general debugging of the platform.
I am going to have to disagree here. What debugging? It is a well known fact the accellerometors in the Skookum (platform) have to be sensitive to vibes to function correctly. The question should be more like this: Why is the Align heli (platform) version that Fusions is trying to use, the only one out there that has the issue he is having? While hundreds don't?
Mine fly perfect. Vibes and all!

In my opinon, the heli (platform) needs to be debugged, not the Skookum. It looks like a magnetic resonance issue that only peeks its head out on this particular model when it is set up with a unique set of parts and mounted in a particular spot. It has proven almost impossible to duplicate. So, I think it is not a bug, but a problem with that particular setup. The fact that Fusions gets to play with the beta software to help identify it and cure it is cool though. And even more cool is that Art at Skookum was able to identify and address it when other manufacturers would have probably blown it off.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
I am going to have to disagree here. What debugging? It is a well known fact the accellerometors in the Skookum (platform) have to be sensitive to vibes to function correctly. The question should be more like this: Why is the Align heli (platform) version that Fusions is trying to use, the only one out there that has the issue he is having? While hundreds don't?
Mine fly perfect. Vibes and all!

In my opinon, the heli (platform) needs to be debugged, not the Skookum. It looks like a magnetic resonance issue that only peeks its head out on this particular model when it is set up with a unique set of parts and mounted in a particular spot. It has proven almost impossible to duplicate. So, I think it is not a bug, but a problem with that particular setup. The fact that Fusions gets to play with the beta software to help identify it and cure it is cool though. And even more cool is that Art at Skookum was able to identify and address it when other manufacturers would have probably blown it off.
=] I think the point here is to keep crashing the SK until its accelerometers malfunction, then claim some wild SK behavior to redeem a new unit, seems to show a pattern? recorded recently because of a traditional celebration. apparently??

Old 12-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcallister View Post
=] I think the point here is to keep crashing the SK until its accelerometers malfunction, then claim some wild SK behavior to redeem a new unit, seems to show a pattern? recorded recently because of a traditional celebration. apparently??
That was cruel, Georgi!
Old 12-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
That was cruel, Georgi!

=] it also feels cruel Jerry to see the hard work as the SK evolves being rubbished, how often does it need repeating, if your heli is getting a vibe warning there is something mechanically adrift that needs attention before it fails.

isn't that a bonus in itself? we can detect the issue and repair it early on and address it.

so yes I will pursue this myth and publicly say if the heli is healthy the SK will perform perfectly, if the heli is sick the SK will tell you this.

it really is that clear cut, no exceptions here, crap heli = crap SK warnings.

Old 12-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
=] it also feels cruel Jerry to see the hard work as the SK evolves being rubbished, how often does it need repeating, if your heli is getting a vibe warning there is something mechanically adrift that needs attention before it fails.

isn't that a bonus in itself? we can detect the issue and repair it early on and address it.

so yes I will pursue this myth and publicly say if the heli is healthy the SK will perform perfectly, if the heli is sick the SK will tell you this.

it really is that clear cut, no exceptions here, crap heli = crap SK warnings.
Disagree, not on a gasser. Still flies great and actually handles the vibes better than BeastX or Vbar. And I have seen way to many people go crazy chasing vibes with the SL720 vs Helicommand, so vibes can be filtered and still allow for effective SL, Skookum just needs to figure out how to do it.
fastflyer20 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
isn't that a bonus in itself?
not if your heli starts its flight in good working order and only during the flight develops a small problem (and it don't take much) that push the vibes up high enough to kick the self leveling off unexpectaly which leads to a crash, especially if the heli only had a minor problem that didn't affect the way in which the heli was flying before the crash.....
CoolHandLuke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastflyer20 View Post
Disagree, not on a gasser. Still flies great and actually handles the vibes better than BeastX or Vbar. And I have seen way to many people go crazy chasing vibes with the SL720 vs Helicommand, so vibes can be filtered and still allow for effective SL, Skookum just needs to figure out how to do it.
=] I think you will find it works the other way, SK tech is not designed for extreme applications, I honestly can't see that changing to suit a small market demand.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:06 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
not if your heli starts its flight in good working order and only during the flight develops a small problem (and it don't take much) that push the vibes up high enough to kick the self leveling off unexpectaly which leads to a crash, especially if the heli only had a minor problem that didn't affect the way in which the heli was flying before the crash.....
=] so the heli spools ok, then develops a sudden 10G (SK self level shut off point) vibe mid-air and crashes because of that?? never seen that to be the case??

you seem well mis-informed for a first time FBL user, I don't really wonder why after reading the content here!!

Old 12-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Gentlemen......

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
Gentlemen......

=] thanks, I would hate for a newb to be influenced by these upstream comments, lets keep it real,

Old 12-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
never seen that to be the case??

i have seen it, more than once, of course not my heli but my friends heli.....

come on georgi you know that can happen, like a motor that moves because the mount screw were not tight enough or lots of other things that can happen on a heli, don't tell me you don't know what i'm talking about.......

and just because i've never owned a fbl controller doesn't mean i'm a noob or don't know anything about them, well your prob going to cut me down again so this is my last post on this.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
=] so the heli spools ok, then develops a sudden 10G (SK self level shut off point) vibe mid-air and crashes because of that?? never seen that to be the case??

you seem well mis-informed for a first time FBL user, I don't really wonder why after reading the content here!!
hmm, I thought it was 7 for the sl to shut off?
Old 12-04-2011, 05:26 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kids... I'll close this thread right now if you can't behave.
Montana is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

huh,

I don't think I'm in this one, but I'm pretty sure the level is 7 not 10.

if that's offensive, let me know
Old 12-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

i'm not mad, in fact i'm coooooool hand luke....... lol

Last edited by CoolHandLuke; 12-05-2011 at 07:53 PM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in