Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > ELY.Q - Vision 90

ELY.Q - Vision 90 ELY.Q Vision 90 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Such a Shame

Can't work out why this model is so unpopular? Everyone has a warped opinion of ElyQ because the ultimate was pretty poor. The competition 50 and 90 are awesome, yet people really seem to dislike them. I love mine, especially the Vision 90.
PlaneHazza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneHazza View Post
Can't work out why this model is so unpopular? Everyone has a warped opinion of ElyQ because the ultimate was pretty poor. The competition 50 and 90 are awesome, yet people really seem to dislike them. I love mine, especially the Vision 90.
I don't know why either. I hadn't started flying helis yet when the ultimate was released. From what I've read it was a hunk of crap. I'm sure there are quite a few people who haven't forgotten that.

I'm hoping the release of the 50e will help bring more light to ElyQ. I suspect not having an electric until now is part of the reason ElyQ isn't more successful. Just a guess though. I love my Vision 90 and would like to see more people flying them.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadL View Post
I don't know why either. I hadn't started flying helis yet when the ultimate was released. From what I've read it was a hunk of crap. I'm sure there are quite a few people who haven't forgotten that.

I'm hoping the release of the 50e will help bring more light to ElyQ. I suspect not having an electric until now is part of the reason ElyQ isn't more successful. Just a guess though. I love my Vision 90 and would like to see more people flying them.
Yeah I agree. The ultimate was out well before I started also, and it is supposed to be "plastic fantastic" - ie crap.

I love my Visions, but the 90 is quite a bit better again over the 50. I'm half tempted to buy an Outrage 50 N2 and take the parts out of my Vision, just for a change.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have flown MANY top and lower brand models. I stubled across the elyq and for the price it was worth a shot. Thank god i did. I have zero interest in flying anything else. This helicopter has it all and flys like no other. Now im flying for ElyQ usa and when i show this helicopter it feels good when i say its good cause i KNOW it is. Elyq has plans this year to really hit and break into the us market. Well see im really hoping to bring this great heli the spotlight it deserves. Also this is underground information but be on the look out for new models from them the Newly released Vision 50e is just the start!!!

Team Novarossi Motors U.S.A PlanetHobby.com "PushGlo" "SwitchGlo" Byron Fuels 2018
wifeorheli? is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 05:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome thanks, mum's the word.

What about the UK market?
Old 08-10-2012, 02:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Partner:
Sorry to disturb, I have a Vision 90 and I have some problems to get the FBL shaft and the links, could you pls let me know what good supplier you have for spares, or where can I got my parts.
I have been facing problems to get back my 90 on the air.
Regards/Adolfo
Old 08-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Adolfo Reyes Lazo,
I too have found getting parts for my ely q vision 90 a bit of a problem! but there is one place that usualy always has what i need. i dont think that they update their web site very often so i usualy find it easier to just call them and do a phone order.. rcheliworkz.com they are the usa distributer and the phone number is at the top of their web page.. good luck

Last edited by b_s_chance; 08-12-2012 at 11:59 PM.. Reason: correction
b_s_chance is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

i think thats one reason they are so unpopular... part support is extremely bad. try getting a set of landing skid struts in europe... and last time it was main shafts.. the list goes on.
i have not had a single crash where i didnt have to wait for certain parts to get available.
meatbomber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatbomber View Post
i think thats one reason they are so unpopular... part support is extremely bad. try getting a set of landing skid struts in europe... and last time it was main shafts.. the list goes on.
i have not had a single crash where i didnt have to wait for certain parts to get available.
Strange? Never noticed a problem myself? They are very expensive though
Old 08-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Parts

Hi guys, See my new listing (tonight) for a BUNCH of Vision 90 Parts. Original and still in packages. Big scale has gotten too expensive for me.

The overwhelming opinion seems to be that the Visions are amongst the best machines out there, and you are absolutely right. Too many T-Rex bigots out there making this one tough business to break into. The Vision 90 makes the most other brands look like cheap toys, and that includes the aforementioned.
blundrigan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blundrigan View Post
Hi guys, See my new listing (tonight) for a BUNCH of Vision 90 Parts. Original and still in packages. Big scale has gotten too expensive for me.

The overwhelming opinion seems to be that the Visions are amongst the best machines out there, and you are absolutely right. Too many T-Rex bigots out there making this one tough business to break into. The Vision 90 makes the most other brands look like cheap toys, and that includes the aforementioned.
Agreed mate. Very few people fly them over here in the UK and I get the impression it's even worse there in the States :/ Such a waste, but I fear ElyQ have largely done it to themselves with their hideous spares prices and the rubbish that was the Vision 50 Ultimate.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

A friend of mine ordered a 50 size elyq a while ago, and the kit was missing parts. He contacted the place he bought it from, but took too long to get the needed parts, the frame is still not finished.

Getting parts for a brand other than mainstream here in Norway, is a real pain. Its safest to go with Align / Rave / Raptor.

But I have been eyeballing the Vision 90 for a long time, I think it looks really good.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

What parts does he need mate? I may have them?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in