Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I did it!!!

Well sorta, FPV trex 450 for the fist time.. had the moniter on Rubbermaid container (High Tech! ) took off got it up about 20 feet them looked at the moniter.. no spotter ( I know bad! ) but i had to give it a go.. Now maybe i just tried to keep it steady and in one area for a about 10-15 seconds and VERY little forward flight.. but that counts don't it? It will take a bit to get used to the camera view but what a feeling!I just added flybar weights about mid way out for tomorrows adventure! Should I run the transmitter off the designated lipo? Right now I have it plugged into the Helis Lipo.. it seems to drain that battery fast.. Ideas? No sleep til Brooklyn!!!!
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2009, 12:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad to hear you made it, I can't wait to get there. I just got my system bench tested tonight and still needs more testing. I bring this up because I ordered a battery for my tx and camera and charged it with one of my less expensive chargers and thought I had a decent charge. It turned out I didn't and that was preventing me from getting any reception at all. You mentioned how it drained your on board battery, so having a separate battery for the tx and camera is probably your best bet.
Hirobo Shuttle, srb. Trex 450se V2, GY401, S9257, hs-65mg servos, 430XL Motor, 11v 2100mah, 325 cb Futaba 7cap Tx, RealFlight G-4.5, T-rex 500, 6sKP2600,GY401,9257, HC 3D, mCX,(2) HK 450's, telebee gyro, hxt900 cyclic.
maxout is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2009, 09:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can run off the main battery if your not getting any motor/ESC static in the monitor and stay within your flight time. I use too do it but for some reason lately I have to use a separate lipo (HK-Rhino 3s 360mHA) for the camera and TX. Second battery is a good idea also if your flying and the main battery suddenly runs down under 10v...the video will shut off leaving you video blind and along with not being able to see where to land it in this case is not a good feeling especially if your out of visual range . Good luck with your flights and have fun.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in