Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Evolution (formerly ALeeS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2015, 11:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need a main shaft...

If anyone has a spare main shaft, and wouldn't mind parting with it; I need one.

I posted in the WTB section as well. Out of stock everywhere, and I just found that mine is bent ever so slightly enough to cause vibrations.

Let me know if you have a spare you'd be willing to sell. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would the legacy main shaft work? Can't remember if the two main shafts are different.

Lynx Team Pilot
Pitch-Itch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2015, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unfortunately they are different.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcopterman View Post
Unfortunately they are different.
How much difference are we talking? The reason I ask is that the only difference I was aware of was the Autorotation gear assembly was different. It was my understanding that the head and main shaft were the exact same parts.

It was also verified for me that the one way clutch housing and spindle share the same part number between the legacy and the Evo.

Is it that the holes are drilled differently for the TDD pin? It's 4mm just like the upper mast bolt.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes they lowered the head on the Evo and I missed it at first in the write ups but Charlie mentioned it in one of the threads and I think it was about 3/8" ?
Old 02-18-2015, 08:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The part numbers on the one way hubs are different, but this could be because of different one way bearings that are pre-installed?
Old 02-18-2015, 08:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcopterman View Post
The part numbers on the one way hubs are different, but this could be because of different one way bearings that are pre-installed?
I would suppose so. Though the original had two different style one ways as I recall reading. One was a sprag style clutch, and the other was the roller type that was a newer revision. The spindle for the one way roller style is the same part number, and the housing is as well.

Also, on the main shaft compatibility, I have heard from a reliable source that Legacy main shafts are the same dimensions as the Evo. The Evo shaft is purportedly strengthened. The difference in height is due to the lower support sitting 9mm lower in the frame on the Evo.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDyne View Post
I would suppose so. Though the original had two different style one ways as I recall reading. One was a sprag style clutch, and the other was the roller type that was a newer revision. The spindle for the one way roller style is the same part number, and the housing is as well.

Also, on the main shaft compatibility, I have heard from a reliable source that Legacy main shafts are the same dimensions as the Evo. The Evo shaft is purportedly strengthened. The difference in height is due to the lower support sitting 9mm lower in the frame on the Evo.
Well if you want to try a legacy main shaft I have one new in the bag.

Lynx Team Pilot
Pitch-Itch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2015, 08:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisBladeWorks View Post
Well if you want to try a legacy main shaft I have one new in the bag.
Thanks for the offer there. I sent you a PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

The legacy shaft works perfect

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in