Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2015, 03:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default So what is the trick with the DS416M little white Gear?

Hi Everyone

Again I find myself rebuilding servos. This time it is the Align DS416M Servo....I am NOT good at this...

I managed to somewhat get the other gears in place but that little white gear I cannot get..

I install it right side up...nope....I install it upside down...nope....I just do not get this and hope some one here can shed some light on what I am doing wrong.....

Also... there is some space between the g4 gear and the others... The last pic is a ref pic of an unmodified one where you can see the space is closer....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01341.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	580354   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01342.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	580355   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01343.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	580356   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01344.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	580357  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2015, 07:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Perhaps you have a bent shaft? Or maybe one of the holes, where the little shaft goes, might be deformed due to the impact? Just brainstorming...
Cheers
Old 04-15-2015, 09:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEORITY View Post
Perhaps you have a bent shaft? Or maybe one of the holes, where the little shaft goes, might be deformed due to the impact? Just brainstorming...
Cheers
Excellent thoughts!
Thank you

I did think of that so I changed the shaft out. However a shaft "can" come bent from the factory so I guess I will just have to explore that as well.

Also from what I can see (but of course now I am half blind and really can be missing something) I can only see One hole where the shaft can go....

But again, I am half blind and can be missing it....so I would not rule this thought out.....I will have to inspect it better tonight when I get ome from work......

Thank you Sir
Old 04-15-2015, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't worked on the 416s, but it looks like there are two holes like the older align servos. I think the gear is upside down and should be in the other hole. It doesn't look like it is contacting the other gear and looks like it's too close to the side of the servo case. I think I fixed a servo for you before?

Last edited by CrashNburn420; 04-15-2015 at 08:28 PM..
CrashNburn420 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2015, 01:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashNburn420 View Post
I haven't worked on the 416s, but it looks like there are two holes like the older align servos. I the gear is upside down and should be in the other hole. It doesn't look like it is contacting the other gear and looks like it's too close to the side of the servo case. I think I fixed a servo for you before?
Hi Crash
Yes you have fixed servo's for me in the past.......and you have done a WONDERFUL JOB!!!!!

I was so thankful that you did this for me.....Servo rebuilding is just not my forte....I did my DS520 tail servo last night just fine. so it gave me hope to do this one.......but nope.....I have three of them.....

After trying to do the first one and not getting the white gear I opened the second one VERY CAREFULLY....or so I thought...the little white gear came off when I took the lid off....and the same thing happened to the third servo....so now I have 3 serovs with the gear kits and no where to go!

You have to laugh cause i just cannot make this stuff up....

But you are correct....the white gear is NOT touching anything and that is the issue...I cannot figure out how to make it work....that is why I am asking ...

I will look again...
Old 04-15-2015, 03:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's the wrong hole. You will notice there is another hole very close with a metal bottom to it. See pic

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1imwtzl2d...kUnYYg9fa?dl=0
zexel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2015, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't worry, I made the same mistake as you. Luckily when I opened another servo the white gear stayed put.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think there are two holes very close there. One might be covered with grease. As Crash said, the little white gear seems not touching the other gears and "out" of the case.
Therefore, It is better wipe off the grease from there and check.
When you see the second hole, take a picture and post it here so you might be helping others too
Good luck!
Old 04-16-2015, 06:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zexel View Post
It's the wrong hole. You will notice there is another hole very close with a metal bottom to it. See pic

You are correct sir....Just like Crash and Leo...You were all correct!

I found it last night....I tried to get the shaft and the little white gear in position but it kept falling over or out ..... I tried for two hours..... I ended up giving up and putting them all away...

I tried with tweezers, put grease on one end of the shaft to see if I could make it stick in the hole.....I tried to push the shaft in the hole in the top portion of the casing and could not get it......

I tried everything I could think of how to put this together.....I really dislike not being able to get this cause I know that I am doing something wrong......But have no idea what.....

I will try one more time tonight....

thank you everyone for helping me here.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

So how do i get the shaft and gear to stay put in that hole?
Old 04-16-2015, 09:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

With the white gear in the approximate location. Try putting the shaft into the hole in the servo case instead, then sliding it all together.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckermusic View Post
So how do i get the shaft and gear to stay put in that hole?
The top case is what holds and lines everything up. Are you holding the servo and trying to assemble it or keeping it flat on a table? Flat on a table works best for me.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
With the white gear in the approximate location. Try putting the shaft into the hole in the servo case instead, then sliding it all together.

Zexel

Great Suggestion.....Really is ...but I tried that already...I think Tuesday or Wed Night....

The shaft did not want to go into the hole or lets say that "I" could not get it in and stay in the hole...the reason I came up with this thought was because the other two when I took them apart the shaft was already there...so I tried to stick the new white gear on one of thoes shafts and then close it up but there was always a gap left between the top part and the body part...When I tried to move the servo it was locked and would not move......

tried for over an hour...used my fingers, tweezers, plyers etc.....nothing seemed to help...So I had to put it down..

Thanks for trying to help kind sir! This for me is VERY Frustrating...But I still want to fix it....I like these servo's.!
Old 04-17-2015, 06:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The top case is what holds and lines everything up. Are you holding the servo and trying to assemble it or keeping it flat on a table? Flat on a table works best for me.
Crash
I have tried both ways... but moslty flat on a table....

It seems I have two issues to solve....
1. the white gear which we are trying to solve
2. there is a little space between the bottom of the G4 gear and the next one lower....you can see it in the provided photo's in opening post...

I know that there is a flat spot on the shaft and that the white tab on the gear seems to go opposite of the flat spot...or so it seems that it does...

I have tried to clean the hole out, put a small dab of grease in the hole, and even still it will only go down so far and not more....

And this is what stops the top part of the case from sliding all the way down on to the body of the servo....

So again, I do not know what I am doing wrong...I have taken this gear and shaft apart at least 100 times to try to line it up correctly but it always leaves that little tiny space....
Old 04-17-2015, 06:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Crash
So what are you saying here.....should I put the shaft in the Top portion of the case and slide the white gear on the shaft and THEN put the two halfs together???

Or

Put the shaft and white gear in the hole in the main body and THEN slide the top portion on???

Does it make a difference???
Should I take all the gears off and start by putting the shaft in that hole in the main body, the white gear on next and then place all other gears in position and then close up the servo ????

Cause I did not try it this last way I suggested........but may have to ...been thinking about this........
Old 04-17-2015, 07:01 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put everything together in the servo and then put the top case on.

If you want me to try feel free sending them to me. Same address as before, if you need it again just pm me.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

No no you don't need to disassemble and re build or anything
And don't try to assemble it from the upper case I feel it will make things even more confusing.

The small white plastic gear goes next to the servo motor gear, have the servo infront of you, with the motor facing you.
Right next to the small motor gear, there are two wholes on the right, one would be closer to you, and another further in, next to the bigger metal gear( that is the whole you want to put it in)
its very simple, the white gear has two gears(small one and big one) the small one would need to contact the big metal gear, and the big one will be with the motor gear. Once you have it aligned with the whole, just take a pair of nose pliers and put the shaft in, give it a little push, you'll see that it fits right through, and you would have proper gear mesh.
FaisalHeli's is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in