Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2015, 08:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450L Dominator GPro Rudder Issue

I recently finished my Align Dominator with Gpro and all is working well except for the rudder servo. I followed the online guides by the pros and must be missing something. There is way to much travel in the tail servo. I have searched for solutions to this but haven't come up with anything. Hoping someone out there can help me out.

https://youtu.be/ADlDZxPvUEU
jrovere is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2015, 10:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you read the manual? I'd recommend you start doing so.

If you toggle through the setup menu, past the screen you're on- there is a tail setup page where you adjust the endpoint limits of the tail (for the binding you're getting), the center trim position (for neutral point hover in rate mode), the type of tail servo (1520 vs 760) and its reversal direction.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2015, 12:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Turn up the gyro gain in the transmitter. Mine did the same thing. if the gyro gain is at zero the tail servo will not move.
Blade Nano CPX Spektrum DX9 Black Edition
MikeW9788 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2015, 06:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies.

Yes @RC/DC_5000, I read the manual. Not sure if you have ever seen Align manuals but they are pretty useless. The videos that their team posts are sometimes helpful, but there is no complete setup video for the Gpro and a DX8.

Thanks @MikeW9788. That was where I needed to start. I at least got it to hover, now comes the fun part of dialing it in. I appreciate the assistance.
jrovere is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2015, 11:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea I've read an Align manual or two... out of the 10 or 12 Align helicopters I've built.

The 450L manual... top of page 31 Step D. says to move transmitter stick all the way left and adjust Rudder Left Travel limit in the software so the rudder is at maximum left without binding. There is a picture of the software parameter.

So if you missed Step D at the top of page 31... one might wonder what else you missed. Is my point.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2015, 06:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's funny align manuals are horrible. I knew the rudder problem because I did the same thing. I called align and then felt stupid cause the transmitter gain was at zero. If your using spektrum the transmitter gain will probably be upper 50's to 60. That is where mine is. Ps if you want to see a great manual get a goblin. Full color, one language. And exellent illustrations. The build is actually enjoyable.
Blade Nano CPX Spektrum DX9 Black Edition
MikeW9788 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2015, 10:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

I am having the same problem with the tail on my 450 Dominator, I have a XG11 radio. I have set everything else up no problems, at the start of the gpro software setup, I have set my radios travel adjust to 109% to get 100% both left and right on the screen, no probs there, centre is also good. When I get to the tail setup screen I only have to move the stick about a quarter throw either side of centre to get the servo to max travel (which is a lot, hence the binding), the only way I have been able to get the tail to work without binding and to get the servo to travel over the full stick range is to reduce my travel adjust on my radio to about 30% left and 21% right, with 4mm between blades at centre stick. (Adjusting the endpoint travel on the tail setup screen does not even come close to reducing the amount of travel I have compared to stick movement). This of course then reflects to only approx the same reduced amount on the earlier gpro setup screen compared to the 100% travel I had at the start. Is this ok? I have tried changing gyro gain on the radio etc but it makes no difference. Am I missing something here?? Its doing my head in!

Cheers

SLL

Last edited by Scoobalimalima; 07-24-2015 at 04:03 AM..
Scoobalimalima is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2015, 12:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobalimalima View Post
Hi,

I am having the same problem with the tail on my 450 Dominator, I have a XG11 radio. I have set everything else up no problems, at the start of the gpro software setup, I have set my radios travel adjust to 109% to get 100% both left and right on the screen, no probs there, centre is also good. When I get to the tail setup screen I only have to move the stick about a quarter throw either side of centre to get the servo to max travel (which is a lot, hence the binding), the only way I have been able to get the tail to work without binding and to get the servo to travel over the full stick range is to reduce my travel adjust on my radio to about 30% left and 21% right, with 4mm between blades at centre stick. (Adjusting the endpoint travel on the tail setup screen does not even come close to reducing the amount of travel I have compared to stick movement). This of course then reflects to only approx the same reduced amount on the earlier gpro setup screen compared to the 100% travel I had at the start. Is this ok? I have tried changing gyro gain on the radio etc but it makes no difference. Am I missing something here?? Its doing my head in!

Cheers

SLL
I'm not sure how you guys are missing the setup instructions that clearly explain how to set the rudder travel limits.

Jeff fassbinder even has videos on it.

Or of all the things on the 450L,setting the rudder travel was perhaps the easiest thing to do.

YMMV.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have watched the videos and followed the instructions to the letter. Everything is setup on the first screen so I have 100% left and right rudder with corresponding stick movement. Like i said, when I go to the rudder setup screen to set the endpoints, no amount of adjustment on the software comes even close to eliminating binding! I have A LOT of travel on my tail servo still, I don't know what I'm doing wrong!?!?
Scoobalimalima is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2015, 09:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

If the servo horn is centerd, try to move the position of the ball in on the horn one position so you have less travel...just a thought. Dont play with the travel adjustments. The Gpro needs to know what the max is with all travels.

I also had to adjust my center in the gpro after i found center with rate mode. That way i had a closer travel from left to right on the software instead of max on one way and very little on the other.

Dont get frustrated, its easy to over or under think things
adjday is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2016, 09:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobalimalima View Post
Hi,

Cheers

SLL
Wow wxact same problem with me. Did you find the solution bro?

Sorry i realise this is one year old post.

I did setup of my 450l dominator gpro version perfectly. During the setup tail seems perfect and i have set full 100% travel on siftware but on my transmitter jr 11x i set travel to 30%. This way no tension on the servo at extre left/right. But when i power up heli rudder servo settings are changed. Binding goes tonextreme and tail servo linkage rod bends in a U at extreme left travel. Also rudder is not compensating very well on left and right horizontal movements. Still stuck and couldnt do maiden today.
Mahmood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in