Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are you 12 o'clock on the pots? My v2 test flight felt soft like it was drifting where ever it wanted.
DaveHolland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I just flew znbang's settings in my 450 and it's perfect. Seems I was mistakenly compensating for all of the dampening by using the swash speed. Thanks znbang.

My current settings for the 450 Sport:
Wow, 3GX and perfect in the same sentence!

I no longer have backward drift in my 550 either. It is certainly a positive upgrade.
diggyduo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Can you guys explain Anti Torque Compensation?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
RCTada is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyerbmx View Post
Are you 12 o'clock on the pots? My v2 test flight felt soft like it was drifting where ever it wanted.
Both my pots are at 1 o'clock. It feels very stable and as smooth as my other FBL units.

I still have backwards drift with my 450, after a few minutes of flight.
KDS 550 VBar, 550E DHPS VBar, 550E DFC Pro VBar, 700E DFC HV iKon
beenflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTada View Post
Can you guys explain Anti Torque Compensation?

It's a factor they uses to compensate for the torque of the heli when accelerating and stopping the tail. I think Vbar call it symmetry.
KDS 550 VBar, 550E DHPS VBar, 550E DFC Pro VBar, 700E DFC HV iKon
beenflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
It's a factor they uses to compensate for the torque of the heli when accelerating and stopping the tail. I think Vbar call it symmetry.
K thanks. The only thing I am fighting with now is the tail is somewhat wants to move slowly to the left. I have no drift when I switch to rate mode so not sure if this setting might help it?

RCTada is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew 3gx 2.0 on my 500ESP with Tarot FBL head and 550e v2 today. I went through the setup and set +/-12 collective and +/-8 forward and right cyclic in DIR mode and then went through the setup and the tail setup. I left everything else at the defaults including DELAY 0. Both birds flew the best I've seen them fly.

The 500 had a very minor tendency to pitch up and roll right in forward flight -- not sure what to tweak to fix that. The tail was rock solid with no bounce, no wag, couldn't get it to misbehave at all. The head was perfectly stable with none of the wobble the 3G V2.1 and v3 was giving me. As shown in the settings screen, aileron rates were quite a bit higher than elevator. Since I didn't want to try the field config features, I just flew it that way and dialed up a bit more expo on roll than elevator.

The 550 had a similar issue with a roll rate being a bit higher than elevator but not nearly as noticeable as on the 500. Everything else about this bird was perfect. Flying like it's on rails, a real treat!
rando is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have the same thing with the roll and flip rate, I just took the roll to 40 and flip to 60. Keeping that 20% max difference that Align said. I noticed it from the launch minute that the flip and roll rates have a bug like that.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Both my pots are at 1 o'clock. It feels very stable and as smooth as my other FBL units.

I still have backwards drift with my 450, after a few minutes of flight.
Is your swash tilted backwards after you land? Both my 450 and 550 used to do that on 1.2, especially the 550. Neither of them have since the upgrade to v2.0, I haven't changed anything else apart from the software. Could be coincidence I guess.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rando View Post

The 500 had a very minor tendency to pitch up and roll right in forward flight -- not sure what to tweak to fix that. The tail was rock solid with no bounce, no wag, couldn't get it to misbehave at all. The head was perfectly stable with none of the wobble the 3G V2.1 and v3 was giving me. As shown in the settings screen, aileron rates were quite a bit higher than elevator. Since I didn't want to try the field config features, I just flew it that way and dialed up a bit more expo on roll than
My 450 had the same issues on 1.2 with wobble, now its fixed but having the same roll right issue as you! Not really sure how to fix this..
aForcefulThrust is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3gx tail issue

got the new firmware installed but but when i spool up it starts spinning in circles what is not right
trex_junkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aForcefulThrust View Post
My 450 had the same issues on 1.2 with wobble, now its fixed but having the same roll right issue as you! Not really sure how to fix this..
The other birds are flying so nicely I'm considering just giving up on 450 size birds.
rando is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex_junkie View Post
got the new firmware installed but but when i spool up it starts spinning in circles what is not right
Did you check the direction the tail gyro is correcting? It could be reversed. When you update to v2.0 it resets all the previous gyro settings for the cyclic and rudder so they all need redone.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dont feel bad if you do give up on the 3GX and 450s. A friend just got the 450 pro v2 w/ 3GX and he cant get it fly right at all and he has been doing FBL since the beginning. Everyone who flies FBL 450 here runs a Beast on it. 3GX on anything 500 and up here and it runs fine. That being said, I am sure it will work for a 450 just fine, as there are people who use it.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tried V2.0 on my 450 Pro. It's a lot better than V1.2 with default settings. And the ability of doing most settings on the controller directly is also a big plus.

Last edited by jackhsu; 03-11-2012 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: correct spelling
jackhsu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

After doing DIR and tail setup do i HAVE to do the manual flight mode settings? or can i just jump directly to control panel and it from there? Its already ;loaded with presets right? Only thing i would need to setup is maximum pitch correct? which i could just put at 50 instead of 70 giving me 12degs. HELP NEEDED ASAP thanx guys

Team Novarossi Motors U.S.A PlanetHobby.com "PushGlo" "SwitchGlo" Byron Fuels 2018
wifeorheli? is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 12:34 AM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

From what I have read you just need to do is the DIR setup and the Rudder setup.

(Also, don't forget to run through the governor setup on a Nitro)

Then you can go to the software and play if you like.

I was getting binding at 70% travel limits so I set mine to 50% in the software. This is probably only an issue if you plan to push the heli to the limits, ie beginners need not worry about it. I also set my roll to 40 and my flip to 60
"Fly Lower!"
Lower! is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 12:51 AM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

So how do you set your limits goto control change the number say to 50 hit write push the stick forward and see if it binds then repeat proccess till max is found?

Team Novarossi Motors U.S.A PlanetHobby.com "PushGlo" "SwitchGlo" Byron Fuels 2018
Old 03-11-2012, 12:53 AM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

One more question can i just reuse the same model and just put the swash afr's back to default and trims then go from there? Dont want to lose all my programming

Old 03-11-2012, 12:59 AM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

After 30 packs on my 500 PRO with various parameters, I feel like 2.0 is just 1.1 with better pirouette optimization. Disappointed.
znbang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in