Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default considering going fbl with a gyrobot, but have some questions.

ok, so i'm considering going flybarless, but after seeing my buddy's i have some concerns and questions...

these things seem really hard to get tuned... is there an idiot proof simple way to do this?

also, i noticed that these gyro's dont utilize the swash mix settings in the Tx, so i was wondering if someone could describe to me in detail how this works and how you would go about adjusting/tuning it.

are there any finless videos/other videos on this?

the bottom line for me is this: flybarless seems cool as hell, but If its gonna be all headache getting one to fly as well as my flybar'd heli's i may just say no way....

to add to the info on me, i've been flying for nearly two years now, and am comfortable in fast forward flight and VERY mild 3d stuff.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ryuu,

I have posted two set up aids in my site for SK 360 and GyroBot, both ... I think helps a lot of pilots, go through it and you will find out how simple it is. Check my site in my signature please.

For short cut type of set up, SK 360 comes with pre-set profile for scale, 3D and sport flight.

Rgds
Morris
Old 10-27-2009, 10:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had some initial difficulty with getting the Gyrobot to fly the way I wanted it, and then I decided to follow the instructions to the letter instead of assuming that I knew better. When I did that, it was simple.

Actually, it's a lot like setting up a tail gyro, increase the values until it doesn't respond properly, then back it down a little. The only one that required any time fiddling with it was the tail piro compensation, and that was done in a couple of flights, it was just a matter of trying positive and negative values to find the right direction, then adjusting the number up and down until it felt right. I'd say that once I actually paid attention to what the instructions said it was flying perfect in just 2-3 flights.

On the TX setup, there is none. Just use a standard mix like a Raptor would have, and the Gyrobot translates that into CCPM. The only functions you use in the TX are the throttle and pitch curves and Expo.

If you can follow directions, you can setup a Gyrobot.
Eury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2009, 12:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

that's really interesting. it just seems to me that these things woud be very difficult to set up and get to fly as well as a flybarred setup.

in this particular case, when i tried to fly the thing, it seemed like the cyclic stick was overly touchy...

i dunno, like i said, it seems really cool to me, and i see tons of videos of guys flying the crap out of these systems, but noone around here, or in my club is flybarless yet except my one friend and possibly me soon...

Last edited by RyuuChi; 10-28-2009 at 09:46 AM..
RyuuChi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2009, 01:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dunno, I've had a few systems, and there is a learning curve to it, but I've never had to mess with mine past the first couple days. I love the FBL setups, they fly so well that I convert everything now.

If you flew a Gyrobot, I wonder if he didn't have the right dual rates and expo setup. That was one of the things that I thought the manual was wrong, but actually I was. The Gyrobot has you turn the DR way down and the expo up to get it setup right, and it is critical that you follow that.

I actually just got an SJGD FS-600 in today, and I hope to get it setup and flying in the next couple days. It looks like a great system as well, I'll be sure to make a post about it once I get it setup.
Eury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuuChi View Post
that's really interesting. it just seems to me that these things woud be very difficult to set up and get to fly as well as a flybarred setup.

in this particular case, when i tried to fly the thing, it seemed like the cyclic stick was overly touchy...

i dunno, like i said, it seems really cool to me, and i see tons of videos of guys flying the crap out of these systems, but noone around here, or in my club is flybarless yet except my one friend and possibly me soon...

Did you follow the instructions to the letter and reduce your endpoints dramatically? One mistake that I did make when I moved from Futaba to JR was my EXP, I was dailing it the wrong way.

After getting used to the German English, the GyroBot is actually really easy to setup.
kennethw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

well, we did, and we cranked the expo a bit too, but it seemed like we couldn't find the balance between too mushy and too touchy. what bird are you flying and what endpoints and expo are you using?
Old 11-04-2009, 07:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuuChi View Post
well, we did, and we cranked the expo a bit too, but it seemed like we couldn't find the balance between too mushy and too touchy. what bird are you flying and what endpoints and expo are you using?
I just to have it in my Beam, but now it is in my RJX-Extreme 50 Nitro.

My Beam settings were as per the the settings on Page 33 of the Manual for the RoXXter11 GyroBot Version for Aerobatics and 3D:

Rudder P = 360
Rudder I = 300
Elevator P = 270
Elevator I = 400
Aileron P = 270
Aileron I = 400
Elevator and Aileron Feedback = 20
ATV for Aileron = +/- 30%
ATV for Elevator = +/- 30%
ATV for Rudder = +/- 60%
Expo for Aileron = + 10% (JR which means less agile)
Expo for Elevator = +10% (JR which means less agile)
Expo for Rudder = 40% (JR which means less agile)

For the RJX, I initially set it as RoXXter 33 SE GyroBot Version for 3D and FAI, but the heli handled like a 200 size; way too fast for me. So, I turned everything down:

Rudder P = 350
Rudder I = 450
Elevator P = 250
Elevator I = 370
Aileron P = 250
Aileron I = 370
Elevator and Aileron Feedback = 7
ATV for Aileron = +/- 30%
ATV for Elevator = +/- 30%
ATV for Rudder = +/- 60%
Expo for Aileron = + 10% (JR which means less agile)
Expo for Elevator = +10% (JR which means less agile)
Expo for Rudder = + 40% (JR which means less agile)
kennethw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2009, 06:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

awesome! thanks for posting those numbers. it'll be interesting to compare with what my friends are.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in