Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G JR Radios

2.4G JR Radios JR 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2007, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Please explain to me the difference

Please explain to me the difference between the new 2.4 JR 9303 and a DX7?

Everyone talks like they are going to shelf thier DX7 over a newer model. It seems to me your buying looks and few functions that really dont matter. Correct me if I'm wrong. Not trying to debate just wanting to know more as I'm about to buy a DX7 today. Is a bad thing to do and should wait on the JR 9303 2.4?

Thanks

Jeremy
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2007, 12:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Both transmitters are manufactured by JR and both contain Spektrum's proprietary 2.4 GHz system. Other than the name, the differences are the same as the differences between any entry level seven channel system and an intermediate level nine channel system. So in making up your mind, you have to decide if you want to spend $350 for a DX7 or wait and spend over $600 for a 9303. For the extra money you'll get two more channels, a bunch more switches, a larger screen, slightly better gimbals, and more mixes.

I can give you a couple of examples of why one would want to wait for the 9303. If you have a glow powered machine with a heading hold gyro and a GV-1 governor to have full functionality of both the gyro and the governor you need eight channels; three for the swash, two for the gyro, and three for the GV-1. True you can operate a GV-1 with only two channels, but you don't have full functionality. Another example of why the 9303 would be better is gyro control. If you are going to use the Gyro Sense on the DX-7 your have to control your gyro with either the throttle hold switch or the flight mode switch. In my opinion neither switch is ideal. True, you can not use the gyro sense page and use the gear switch to control your gyro, but then again you don't have full functionality.

So it's your choice. There are major differences in the two radios. If you never plan on having anything more complex than a 450 electric then you may well be ahead by choosing the DX-7. On the other hand if you plan on eventually getting into something more complex or perhaps a scale ship it may be worth you while to hold out for a higher end radio.

Bob

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Churchill
capebob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2007, 01:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thank you very much for the explanation. I have a Raptor E-620 and a blade cp. I don't fly nitro. I think I will hold off until I really need such a radio as the extra money doesn't justify the cost in my case. I will go with a DX7 then upgrade in a few years.

Thanks

Jeremy
Old 04-16-2007, 01:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also things like the display on the 9303 for expo shows you th eentire curve, so it is obvious what is happening.

Lots more programming features, the ability to assign some functions to different switches, 10 more model memories. More airplane and glider stuff also.

Overall, a lot more radio.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in