Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Mars/Poseidon

Mars/Poseidon Mars and Poseidon Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gazaur dying?

Is it just me or does it seems like the Gazaur brand is fading?
<3My480Pro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2011, 04:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

THE REALITY DETACHED AMERICAN : a SGTbull micro-doc (4 min 25 sec)

http://www.alternativemedia.org/

good luck, and God bless.
apollo7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo7 View Post

Wow, thanks for staying on topic.

There seems to be quite a few people flying Gazaur helis, myself included and will probably do so until the parts support goes away. Every time I take my heli to a fun fly most people don't even know what it is...oh well I'm okay with that.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

me too! i been hooked (on gazaur) for four + years now. still look at them every day, and fly them couple times a week. lots of enjoyment, thats for sure. never had such a beast. its more like a pet, than machine.

i would guess there are only a handfull of active gazaur pilots. that may be way the forum is slow. maybe were (gazaur pilots) well seasoned and don't have as many issue as less experienced pillots. not to mention the heli is absolutly perfect!!

I would love to try one of the new scorpion ESC's with one of the 4s, or 6s motors. that would be sweet as honey. i imagine with governor around 80% there would be little to no bog, nor excessive heat. plus, the auto spool would be fun to try too. one can dream.

how's governor mode compare to deep V curve? anybody know?
Old 06-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm the only one around my area flying gazaur. Wanted to start a new breed of heli pilots but part support/price is chasing them away. After a few months I'm still the only one flying this thing .
Old 06-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm the only person in an entire country who flies Gazaurs!

I don't know if they are dying or not. I have no idea how many Gazaur pilots are out there, but from the start this is a bird that really hasn't been well advertised. I first caught an ad for it on rcgroups, and had to hit the back button, and didn't see it on the refresh. I searched till I found it on hobby-lobby and bought my kits. Then hobby-lobby stopped stocking them years ago, and people thought that that was it for Gazaur, but mars480.com and another site were selling them. The rest is history.

I think that if there was some fantastic advertising there would be a lot more of them out there. In this economy, who wants to spend money on something they don't know that much about?

It doesn't really matter because like Ben said, we will keep flying until parts support runs out. Everything comes to an end. As long as Mars480 is still around I will keep flying my birds. After that, I will still keep flying. Besides, I modelled all the frames for my Mars and some other stuff in CAD. I will fly as long as I can afford to .
DX7
praetorious is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3My480Pro View Post
I'm the only one around my area flying gazaur. Wanted to start a new breed of heli pilots but part support/price is chasing them away. After a few months I'm still the only one flying this thing .
strange? i have never had an issue getting any parts like yesterday!! expensive? true a bit, but last face it, not everyone can afford the ferrari. you could always go back to your ex-trex-pro
Old 06-24-2011, 09:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

lets go rock the boat over at rc groups. we need some fresh meat!! if we could get them away from their clones, or the new cheapest mems gyro.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
strange? i have never had an issue getting any parts like yesterday!! expensive? true a bit, but last face it, not everyone can afford the ferrari. you could always go back to your ex-trex-pro
Hmmmm maybe you didn't fully understood what I was saying?

"Wanted to start a new breed of heli pilots but part support/price is chasing them away." Yes, you might not be having any problems getting parts from Mars480, but isn't that the only place “the rest of us besides you” we’re all getting our parts from vs. million of sources for other brands? To some people price isn't a problem, having a few 100% guaranteed reliable source vs. only one which would you prefer?

Now since you know I have a 450, which means you've either looked over my posting or remembered our chat you’d remember in a few of my messages I've compared the two helis and have nothing but praise for my Mars, hence my user name <3My480Pro so why would I fly my 450 when i have my Mars?

It doesn’t matter if you’re “well-seasoned” or inexperienced, pro or noob you will eventually crash and needs parts.

BTW I thought it’s funny how Dave from Mars480 sent me a picture of his main rotor hub in red and silver http://site.mars480.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=316 and you just so happen to have the same exact setup on your heli https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?p=1850293#post1850293 . Same servos, kong power lipos, even to the xtec lights. No wonder you know so much about these heli’s and ONLY postings are about these heli’s and all links posted go straight to Mars480.

Last edited by <3My480Pro; 06-25-2011 at 07:15 PM..
Old 06-25-2011, 06:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

hmmmm, i'll have to chew on that a bit.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
hmmmm, i'll have to chew on that a bit.
Lol or would an email with exact words including links to "Dave's heli" help it go down a bit better? Look, we all understand that sales isn't that great with this heli and yea I would do the same (advertise) if I was selling it too so no one's tripping.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

All i know is its dry as hell in florida, the sun is coming up further north than i ever seen, bright as hell (flares), floods coming down the miss, and Missouri like never seen before, tornado's the likes of never seen, volcano's, earthquakes, nuclear meltdowns in japan, volcanoes, earthquakes erupting globally (most are under the sea), crop, and water supply failures in south amer (from the volcano)., wars sparking up all over, financial meltdown, just to name a few. i was wondering why the media had gone into full black-out mode (casey anthony, and weiner on every station).

better charge our lipos before the grid fails us. sorry about the stone throwing. i call for a truce.

i got to get my generator operational so i can run the well if power fails. i sure hope my suspicions are wrong, but if there right, i want to be prepared as reasonably possible.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3My480Pro View Post
Is it just me or does it seems like the Gazaur brand is fading?
I did misunderstand your question. I apologize for being so defensive. Its actually a great question. me bad. I think gazaur is struggling to stay afloat, and it breaks my heart. I hold high respect for Yuyu, and his crew for developing such a magnificent piece of work. It has given me VERY much pleasure, and enjoyment. I feel badly for them that their investment did not flourish as expected. I think the root cause is two fold. Firstly, HL got bent when gazaur did not give them the exclusive, and so that left sta services, and their one retailer mars480.cm. the second and main root cause i think was definitely the downward spiral of the economy. Lord knows that gazaur is only one of many businesses that are struggling.

Keep showing off your heli. their top notch, fly extraordinarily well, and draw lots of attention. I agree it sucks having only a couple of retailers, but a couple is better than none! Hopefully Gazaur can weather the strorm, and continue to offer its fruitful delights.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see everyone is alive, and well. over a hundred veiws in a few days. cool! my gen. runs at full choke, but throttles up and dies on run. got some gumming problems. left it run for 5 minutes in the hopes in would clean itself out. not so lucky yet.

mars, and poseidon sit here waiting for some attention. maybe i forgot my troubles, and fly.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea I honestly think it’s a bad move getting disconnected with Hobby-Lobby. Now stasvc is also out of the running so that leaves Mars480 as the last and only supplier of the Gazaur product. Unless of course if you’re ordering direct from Gazaur. Like the newly discontinued Outrage G5, Gazaur needs more advertisement and desperately needs the attention at our local fields to spread awareness and to keep this brand afloat.

Honestly I love my Mars and I would hate to have to stop flying my <3 and sell her. I’m sure the hands full of us Gazaur owner feels the same and will try to be here to support the Gazaur brand until the end.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

"Honestly I love my Mars and I would hate to have to stop flying my <3 and sell her. "

did you know? Poseidon is the girl "Ying", and mars is the boy "Yang. how cool is that?
Old 07-01-2011, 09:45 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well hello Gazaur fans! I am waiting on used airframe i just picked up on HF. It will be my first build,so i am glad there are a few of you still around.Looks like an awesome heli!
I am a newbie but the reviews on Gazaur seem to be just what i am looking for. Stable ,solid and you can grow with it as skills grow. Looking forward to joining the family!
crickr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello crickr1, welcome to the family. Glad to see you decided to go with Gazaur. If your anything like the rest of us, you will really like it. Takes a bit to get to know them, but once you do their a snap.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

hey crickr1 welcome to the club .
Old 07-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Greeting from France.
a short message to give us all my support, specially to Apollo. A real good dude !

Gazaur makes awesome heli. the flights are smooth , accurate and simultaneously powerful.
The rotor head design is for a lot in this behavior.

IMO, the MFS head is the best FB rotorhead.
before to discovered Gazaur, i was an SJM's fan. lightweight , simple frame and one MFS head.
i used to flight with MFS for several years. now like many people , i using FBL rotor.(all advantage of MFS, with a simple meca)
Gazaur staying on the run but of course they are less popular than align, Mikado, Outrage ,etc....
to be in the competition, communication and advert are very important. probably most important than the quality of product. just to prove that, Align was not famous for the quality when they started-up.
now they got money and one name, they improved quality + price.
Gazaur makes choice to make high quality product and to make no much communication. so their product stay visible for small panel of customer.

i sold my Poseidon because i wanted a bigger heli (class600) . Gazaur should develop an class 500 and +.
if you look closely the market , you should see that now, the class 500 is the starter class for beginner.
6S lipo cost the same price of 3S lipo (5 or 4 yrs ago). we can make the same comparison for blades , motor,etc....Gazaur have probably lost an opportunity to take a new start.

in all case, gazaur is a super heli brand and Mars480 make a great job.
by the way, keep in mind that costly parts are done ( design, tools and mold) so the production will be not discontinued for tomorrow .
furex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in