Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

Old 07-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #21
Tyraxus
Registered Users

Mine sounds exactly the same as your second video.
Tyraxus is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #22
jlharv
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

It was definately a binding right at the pinion and main gear. I think the pinion may have been out of round, or the hole was off center or something like that. Any way, a couple buddies of mine also have 130's. I asked them to spin theirs and they had none of that. So I contacted the LHS where I bought it. They had one left and swapped it out for me. I just flew the new one. It is much better. No tail wag, no spool up or down oscillation, no clicking. It is the machine that I was hoping for.

Now to get through the battery break in flights so I can fly this thing as hard as I want.

I am just as picky about breaking in my packs nice and easy too.

I generally do 4 to 5 break in flights. And I have 11 packs, so that is 40 or 50 flights before I start beating on it. Usually by the third flight it is smooth easy 3D so it will still be fun.
jlharv is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #23
jlharv
Registered Users

My HF Map location

By the way, thanks to all who commented and helped. That is what I like about this site. People seem to like to help each other out.

You guys are awesome!
Old 07-31-2012, 12:34 AM   #24
wrathofkhan
Registered Users

Reviving this topic ... I just got my 130x, and when I spin it by hand, it too makes the clicking noise. This was actually a replacement kit (the first one's tail wasn't holding too well, and the black gear was rubbing on the board.

So, I should send it back ... or contact HH first?

cheers, Khan
wrathofkhan is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:56 AM   #25
litehawkdown
Registered Users

I had two things wrong with my gears. First the B gear was not fitting tight on the TT shaft. It was loose enough that it would wobble. I am sure if I did not fix it by gluing it to the TT shaft with R 48 it would of ate my A gear away. And also the Pinion to Main gear seemed a little tight for my liking.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:22 AM   #26
jlharv
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathofkhan View Post
Reviving this topic ... I just got my 130x, and when I spin it by hand, it too makes the clicking noise. This was actually a replacement kit (the first one's tail wasn't holding too well, and the black gear was rubbing on the board.

cheers, Khan
I would contact Horizon first and see what they say. A lot of people told me that theirs did the same thing and they just flew them. I swapped mine at the LHS and the new one did it too, but I would say half as loud. I went ahead and flew that one. And I have around 100 flights on it now. I LOVE flying this little guy. I have had to replace my "A" gear and "C" gears after around 5 or 6 crashes. And I have learned not to expect it to be perfect. If it flies OK, I ignore little vibes and stuff like that and keep flying it.

Back to your question, at least if you let Horizon know, they will record the problem. If enough people complain about the same problem we will get a fix, either in the form of better parts or a V2. So at least make the call, and then go from there.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:29 AM   #27
Liduno
Registered Users

Quote:

cheers, Khan
Khan check the common issues first, you would probably be able to fix it quicker than waiting for HH to mail it back to you.

Main gear- pinion mesh, A-B gear mesh, C-d gear mesh, if the mesh looks good then inspect each gear to make sure there isn't anything wrong like a casting defect.

Obviously make sure the B gear isn't hitting the front servo.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED.
Liduno is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #28
Papa Tom
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Is main gear too tight?

I had the same problem and when I backed the main gear off a little everything was fine. When I first got it I set the main gear as I would my MCPX and apparently I got it too tight.

Just a thought.
Papa Tom is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:28 PM   #29
wrathofkhan
Registered Users

Soooo

if the gears are all set correctly spaced, and nothing is rubbing ... then, there should be no clicking sound?
Old 08-01-2012, 12:02 AM   #30
wrathofkhan
Registered Users

I took off the motor, and then spun the main blades/head ... there is a very slight noise, but i think it is normal. which means the sound is produced by the pinion/main gear. i tried to move the motor/pinion but it is pretty much set, unless i elongate the mounting holes, it is not going anywhere

i guess i can live by it, as long as nothing catastrophic happens
Old 08-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #31
Liduno
Registered Users

Quote:
I took off the motor, and then spun the main blades/head ... there is a very slight noise, but i think it is normal. which means the sound is produced by the pinion/main gear. i tried to move the motor/pinion but it is pretty much set, unless i elongate the mounting holes, it is not going anywhere

i guess i can live by it, as long as nothing catastrophic happens
I've had 120sr's with a tight mesh, I didn't actually elongate the holes I just used a slightly larger drill bit to open the holes up a little.

It doesn't take much at all so start with a smaller drill bit than you think you need and work your way up.

Looking at the pinion and main gear with a magnifying glass is the easiest way for me to set the mesh, you want to be able to just slightly wiggle the main gear without it moving the pinion.

when I say slightly wiggle I mean very slightly..lol

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED.
Liduno is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help