Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default This thing is incredibly strong!

I just went through 5 batteries with one incredibly hard crash. I was doing a bank turn away from the wind letting it really gain speed like I had been doing all night and I banked it a little too hard with too much throttle during a little too much wind and it nose dived straight into the ground full speed from 50 feet up. I heard a crunch then a bonfire like whistle. I thought for sure I really did it in and went to go collect my damage.

Surprisingly the only damage was a cracked canopy and a dented battery. I looked it over very carefully and couldn't find anything? Flybar was perfectly straight, no chips on the blades, battery mount was fine, canopy rods checked out, head looked perfect, tail was all good, battery wasn't hot, all parts aside from the canopy and battery looked untouched. I couldn't believe I got that lucky so I spooled it up and put it back in the air. I had to trim it out a little but continued flying another 3 packs with no problems at all. Unbelievable. Only if I had that kind of luck with my 450.
runtim23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

They are pretty sturdy. I've plowed more fields than a farmer with mine. It's a fun little heli and I know what you mean about the 450!

EXI 450 Beater / 450 EC-135 / 450 OH-58 Kiowa / 450 MD 500 / EXI 450 AH-6 Little Bird / EXI 500 (the flying woodchipper!) / HK500GT UH-1E Huey / EXI 500 EC-135/ Love the scale!
dfgipe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by runtim23 View Post
I just went through 5 batteries with one incredibly hard crash. I was doing a bank turn away from the wind letting it really gain speed like I had been doing all night and I banked it a little too hard with too much throttle during a little too much wind and it nose dived straight into the ground full speed from 50 feet up. I heard a crunch then a bonfire like whistle. I thought for sure I really did it in and went to go collect my damage.

Surprisingly the only damage was a cracked canopy and a dented battery. I looked it over very carefully and couldn't find anything? Flybar was perfectly straight, no chips on the blades, battery mount was fine, canopy rods checked out, head looked perfect, tail was all good, battery wasn't hot, all parts aside from the canopy and battery looked untouched. I couldn't believe I got that lucky so I spooled it up and put it back in the air. I had to trim it out a little but continued flying another 3 packs with no problems at all. Unbelievable. Only if I had that kind of luck with my 450.
I too have bombed mine several times and she just keeps on ticking. I'll give it to blade when they made heli's they make em durable.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I fly mine every day . Until this past month I crashed every day, multiply times on each battery pack .The strength of these helis has giving me the confidence to really do some crazy daring flying with them now . I am not afraid to go full throttle and have big swooping circles and lunging dips towards the ground . this past weekend even had a game of chicken with a rc truck . what a blast ...I was able to bounce off the truck a couple of times and keep it in the air
jaybird111 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 07:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

yup the 120sr is a little tank. i've crashed it so hard, so many times, it's toughness is impressive.
kaiser01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

150 flights on mine with several crasches. So far only replaced flybar and tail-rotor.
MatteJ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

These little guys are very strong.
I have hit trees, garage walls, dive into ground @ full speed and even bounced it off the roof before. If it ever gets totaled, I would still go out and buy another one for sure
Old 05-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes. Yesterday when I was flying my heli, I flied my heli very fast, suddenly when I tried to do a left turn of my heli, I guess I made the turn too hard, my heli flipped over then went up side down. I had to release the throttle and let my heli fall down on the concrete ground. I though my heli must break into pieces. But eventually, except the canopy cracked a little, everything was good.
Laynelin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, they are durable. If you avoid concrete and fly above grass you rarely have anything to worry about assuming you stop the blades before impact
LethalSassonic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've made mine hit the ground with some force a couple times.

Then I handed over the tx to my fiance, who proceeded to make the 120 literally PUNCH the ground. It now sits with a broken boom and canopy until I get a chance to head to the LHS.

I made sure she knew it wasn't her fault though, and she had a blast. She can't wait to put the bird back in the air after I perform minor surgery on it.

DX6i
Docfelt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2012, 07:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Indeed it is! Mine was involved in two mid-airs today and suffered no damage!

First was with a Vapor. I was able to keep flying, he wasn't. His plane wasn't damaged but the battery popped out.

Later came an altercation with a micro T-28. Both of us dropped out of the sky from about 6' and again neither aircraft was damaged (although the 120 SR's rotors yanked the Trojan's landing gear off). Both of us were back in the air a few seconds later.

The 120 SR is an amazing little bird. Hope the 130X I have on order is half as durable!

Don
Digital Don is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in