Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 06:06 PM   #61 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Which one please?

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

stick timer video, links to "autotimer.wmv.wmv", I removed the extraneous .wmv and it worked fine, so the file is there, the link is just typo'd
DannyZRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2009, 06:25 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just revisited, and deleting the extra .wmv does the trick......didn't see it the first time. good catch, thanks, Randy
wrstew is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2009, 06:31 PM   #64 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Ah OK... I didn't see it in my HTML tags... All fixed!

Bob
Old 10-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob, I've got a question about the timer. If I want to pause the timer also when the stick is at the bottom position and also on the hold, is it possible? From the video it looks that I would need 3 conditions programmed: stick going from high position to low OR switch 5 OR switch 6, and apparently it's not possible. Do you have a tip how to set it the best?
askiba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default stick timer

I have my timer set up like this:

I set a start point at 50% throttle stick AND normal mode.

I set a stop point at throttle hold.

When I am in normal mode the timer will start as I pass through 50%. Once I enter a hover I can switch into any flight mode and the timer will continue to run.

No matter what flight mode I am in, the timer will stop when I hit throttle hold.

After landing an auto I flip out of my idle up mode and back into normal. Next, I flip out of hold.

As I advance the throttle again the timer will start where it left off as I pass through 50%.

You can set your start point anywhere you want: 20%, 40%, 73%, etc. I choose 50% because my electric helis aren't really drawing any major power from the battery pack until I hit 50% or higher.

I have found this setup to work extremely well for ME!

Don't forget that you can start and stop the timer whenever you want using the default "+/-" buttons on the face of the radio, even after programming the stick switches, etc. Both systems still function.

Enjoy,
Tyler
Tyler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #67 (permalink)
sd0
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Goddamn, my SD-10G fell off my neckstrap today, right onto asphalt, put a couple of nice gouges in the front of the case, and bent one of the switches. It still works fine, but I cannot stand to look at the damage. I will send it in and have the switch and entire case replaced, hope it won't cost me too much. I have always heard that ATX service is good and fast. I feel really stupid for doing it, and then I broke the clutch on my 600 on the second flight, today was my worst day of flying in a long long time, I have never crashed a radio before. Sorry for the rant but I wanted to vent.

This radio is still BADASS, I'm just a moron.
sd0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2009, 10:48 AM   #68 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Bummer man! Let us know how the repair goes.

How did it fall off your neck strap?

Bob
Old 10-26-2009, 11:23 AM   #69 (permalink)
sd0
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Bummer man! Let us know how the repair goes.

How did it fall off your neck strap?

Bob

I had just put it on and I guess I didn't get it hooked all the way, I leaned over to pick up my 600 and it fell off. It looked like it happened in slow motion, of course it rolled over and hit the asphalt face down.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:12 AM   #70 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Man sorry to hear that sd! I am a radio dropper myself. I dropped my 9Z, and my 9303 both resulting in having to get them fixed. I would be curious to hear how ATX handles you as I am considering the purchase of the SD-10 myself.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

How does the sd-10 balances from the neck strap? is it top (antenna) or bottom heavy (battery)
hillar73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2009, 12:56 AM   #72 (permalink)
sd0
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillar73 View Post
How does the sd-10 balances from the neck strap? is it top (antenna) or bottom heavy (battery)
It balances perfectly, level, with no funky robot arm adapters needed.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:27 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd0 View Post
It balances perfectly, level, with no funky robot arm adapters needed.
can you post us pic of the damage radio?
Old 10-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Someone on an earlier page ask if this TX would bind and function with other brands RXs? I didn't see that the question was answered??? Can folks use this TX with their multitude of acquired Spektrum or Futaba 2.4 receivers?

Thanks.
RMG2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #75 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

No, like all radio makers the implementation of 2.4 is thier own. JR doesnt work with Futaba and visa versa, nor does AT.

Bob
Old 10-29-2009, 10:28 PM   #76 (permalink)
sd0
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjames View Post
can you post us pic of the damage radio?

Here are the unfortunate pix, I know it might not look that bad to you guys, but I am kinda obsessive about my stuff, I hate scratches and dents, especially when they are my fault for being stupid. At least the gimbals were not damaged, as far as I know, I will have them checked while its getting serviced. In the meantime, I'm gonna buy an RDS8000, and switch out the Rx in my nitro, so I can fly while ATX has my Tx. I have no idea how long it will take, and I really need to fly at least every weekend. Also this incident has taught me that I should probably have a backup radio on hand for events like this.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:26 AM   #77 (permalink)

My HF Map location

OUCH!! Sorry to see the carnage.

On a brighter note, I have my son home sick today for the 6th day in a row and I sat down and watched a bunch of Finless SD-10G videos. I am seriously considering upgrading from my 12X to this radio. Very interesting, thank you for the vids Bob, thank you Terry and Mike at HobbyPeople for getting the radio to Bob so that us regular guys could learn about it!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 03:22 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally I've got my radio and have a few tips to share.

First of all, order it on e-bay! I found one for $420 (+shipment from Hong Kong).

Next one - buy mode 1. It converts to mode 2 easily, BUT! In mode 1 radio the trainer switch (which returns to the middle position) is switch 1-2-3. It's the one on top right, exactly where I'd like it to be. I programmed it to be yes/no to change things like gyro gain in flight.

Next thing, as I asked earlier how to stop timer when entering Throttle Hold or when Throttle stick is lowered. Bob explained in his video how to make it stop on switch position 5 or 6, but there is a better trick. If normal position is 4, it cannot get to 6 without passing position 5! So, it's possible to program stop on throttle passing 90% to low position OR switch 5. It will catch switching from 4 to 6 as well, hope my explanations make sense.

Bob, thank you again for the videos, I would not dare to order this uncommon radio without your demonstrations.
askiba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2009, 04:33 PM   #79 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by askiba View Post
Bob, thank you again for the videos, I would not dare to order this uncommon radio without your demonstrations.
Dude..... and I am not kidding here and Will James will back me up as I told him this today while we were talking on the phone and he was asking me about getting a new radio....

This radio ROCKS! I am surprised myself honestly since I have always dealt with JR or Futaba and NEVER Airtronics... BUT I am falling in love with this radio! The more a learn and do to shoot videos about it, the more I see this damn radio has HUGE capabilities! I might just make this my #1 radio! Just have to get it in a heli now!

AT got it right on this radio in my opinion! SERIOUSLY.... Anyone looking for a radio to upgrade to should have a serious look at this one and that my friends is NO BS. I like this radio a lot!
Give me some more time to fly it and so forth but for now, I consider this radio one of the best products of 2009! And again I will say it again... NO BS from me on this point.... Not selling out to AT or anything as I have no "stings" in the game with them..... Just want users to be aware there is another choice out there and this is a damn good one!

Terry Moore... You suck!
I never believed your opinions about AT as I felt you were baised... YOU got me into this mess of trying this radio! YOU my friend proved to me there are other choices out there other than "what everyone buys" that actually is better than the usual "shit"..... Damn... I hate to say you were right but you got me hooked! Thanks

Guys and any Gals.... take a good look at this radio if your thinking about buying. BUY based on what you like and what any radio has to offer but seriously don't toss out this radio because it is not what everyone else is using! Hold it, feel it, and decide! Radios are a personal thing and go with what you like! TRUST that I will be doing more build videos using this radio as I personally like it!

Bob
Old 10-30-2009, 04:48 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

SD0, wow its not that bad. Why spend many $$ for a new case. And labor. Spend that money on a new receiver.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in