Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Control lock out and crash with log and setup files

Hello this question was more directed at Mr. Mel to take a look at some log files and settings. I have a logo 600 3D that this was on. Was hot day out here in California and pretty dry. Was flying some aggressive sport and mild 3D. Near the end of the flight i was getting ready to land it. Helicopter pitched up and and when I gave it forward elevator it would not respond. Helicopter came right back at me and I ran out of the way as it crashed into the ground tail first. Was terrifying seeing a 600 coming right at you and its not responding at all to control inputs.

Well after it slid about 20 feet and came to a stop I went over to look at it and noted that the satellites were not flashing. (running spektrum DSM 2 sats). So a brown out I ruled out. My tentative guess is a static hit. I do not have the tail boom grounded (well I am going now in my rebuild) but I would like to have the log file interrupted I just see a bunch of errors then everything back to normal.

Any way any thoughts and suggestions from whoever or if anybody has had this happen to them id love to hear about it and what you did to prevent it from happening in the future. Thanks in advance. Lee
Attached Files
File Type: pdf log logo.pdf (229.3 KB, 73 views)
File Type: vbr Logo 600 settings.vbr (5.5 KB, 29 views)
leedawg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone take a stab at this? or maybe a good guess? I fly with this guy also and very curious to what possible causes occurred.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

where the log did you crash, if from p2 you lost all communication between both sats and tx, exactly what happened to me on tdr. The sats also were solid afterwards, this is issue with vbar and sats that the solid lights are no guarantee they work!
This was main reason I converted to sbus.
Stolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 01:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
TdB
Registered Users

My guess is static hit, because the boom wasn't grounded.
The crash in the log is where it says "Aileron sensor out of range".

Tim

P.s. I don't think it helps to convert to SBus to prevent static hits...
Old 05-09-2012, 02:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

im quite new to vbar, but as far as i know aileron sensor out of range is ussally just cyclic blowouts or binding, i doubt it would take your heli, i use to have a bit of binding and i had aileron sensor pop up a few times each flight

You seem to have alot of satellite interference, so like said above properly a static hit

Didn't your logo come with a static kit with it? might have been the difference in weather that day that caused a bad enough static hit to take your heli down,

Good you got out of the way though
Phil777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 03:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
TdB
Registered Users

"Aileron sensor out of range" is when the heli hits the ground, its not the cause of the crash.

Tim
Old 05-09-2012, 08:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim de Boer View Post
My guess is static hit, because the boom wasn't grounded.
The crash in the log is where it says "Aileron sensor out of range".

Tim

P.s. I don't think it helps to convert to SBus to prevent static hits...

Tdr doesn't have static! Also he got inputs to channels missed which is not static
Old 05-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolla View Post
Tdr doesn't have static! Also he got inputs to channels missed which is not static
OP states he is running this on his Logo 600 --Walt--Static may be an issue ?
Old 05-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

dankcincy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Following my experience, the cause of your crash has come just two reason.
1/ Stactic hit. Make sure check the boom was grounded.
2/ Long motor bolt. I can see the warning "Sattelite data framing error " during almost your flying. If the motor bolt has touched the wire it also induce the same record. So double check it.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedawg View Post
Hello this question was more directed at Mr. Mel to take a look at some log files and settings. I have a logo 600 3D that this was on. Was hot day out here in California and pretty dry. Was flying some aggressive sport and mild 3D. Near the end of the flight i was getting ready to land it. Helicopter pitched up and and when I gave it forward elevator it would not respond. Helicopter came right back at me and I ran out of the way as it crashed into the ground tail first. Was terrifying seeing a 600 coming right at you and its not responding at all to control inputs.

Well after it slid about 20 feet and came to a stop I went over to look at it and noted that the satellites were not flashing. (running spektrum DSM 2 sats). So a brown out I ruled out. My tentative guess is a static hit. I do not have the tail boom grounded (well I am going now in my rebuild) but I would like to have the log file interrupted I just see a bunch of errors then everything back to normal.

Any way any thoughts and suggestions from whoever or if anybody has had this happen to them id love to hear about it and what you did to prevent it from happening in the future. Thanks in advance. Lee
Hey dude! Sorry to hear it. Check those sat cables cause they're either loose or you've got some bad sats.
agagescu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replys guys. Sorry I just saw all the response havent been in this part of the board for a couple of days. To answer some of the questions yes the crash i think occured on page 2 but really im not 100% sure how to verify where you actually are in the log file the numbers in the left column I assume are time of some sort. There are a lot of good health messages later on when it was laying on the ground and when we powered it up a couple of times to plug it into the computer after the crash.

The crash is still a bit of a mystery to me but I did get the helicopter back together. I changed the sats to JR DSMX sats and changed the sat cables to brand new ones. I also ordered the ground kit and groudned the boom have continuity from the tail idler bearing to the motor mount now.

I have flown it sevral times and noted no issues since the rebuild so hopefully problem solved. It would be hard to pin down what it actually was just thought maybe some of you who are experts and reading the log might see something in it that pointed to something blaring but I still have not found a smoking gun except for possibly the sats or static. SO I have hopefully eliminated both those variables Only time will tell.

As far as the motor mount bolts being too long I did check that and they dont even come all the way through the motor machined hole so nowhere near the windings so that is good to go.

Stolla sounds terrible yeah I was running futaba before I got pressure to switch to JR from the guys at the field. I wont lie that day I was wondering if I had perhaps made a poor choice and should have stuck with what I have used for the last 15 years.

Any way crossing my fingers all issues resolved thanks again all for the comments and taking the time to look at the files.

Lee
leedawg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

When you download the log keep in mind the logs on the bench as well so you have you to trace back to where you flew, if the crash did indeed occur p2, you did loose sats. I've recommended to my mates after both my sats failed to run full size rx, mostly because you will get a warning if a sat is bad, puling a signal wire on vbar will NOT give you a flashing led so the only way you will know if both sats work is to disconnect them one by one and test each one. This was recommended by vstabi, for me was not acceptable which is why I changed, also glue all your wires where they enter the little connector, i.e. don't glue them to sat, only wire and plugs. in the end I prefer the sbus,6203 is small cheap and much less clutter. Don't feel bad I also went from fut-jr-fut

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in