Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What heli next

I have the msrx and love it. I would like to upgrade soon and learn collective pitch. Thinking about the mcpx2 or should I just wait for the 130x.

I do like the small size of the mcpx2 but don't mind the slightly larger 130x.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

V/R

Derek
derekwarner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I very much enjoy my mCPX which I've had for about a year now. If you want to get a heli soon, go with the mCPX. The 130x seems to be a bit delayed..
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would go with the MCPx also. If this is your first CP it will be more forgiving in a crash than the 130x presumably. It is a great trainer and you will not grow old of it for a long tme, if ever! Once you feel comfortablw with it then 130 will be out. That will be my next purchase also.

Enjoy!
Lessthanryan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessthanryan View Post
I would go with the MCPx also. If this is your first CP it will be more forgiving in a crash than the 130x presumably. It is a great trainer and you will not grow old of it for a long tme, if ever! Once you feel comfortablw with it then 130 will be out. That will be my next purchase also.

Enjoy!
+1

also when i go flying i love to warm up on my mCPx before breaking out the bigger heli. Usually i find myself getting sucked into flying the mCPx until all batteries are dead. For me its just as fun as my B450 plus it looks like we are going to be waiting a bit longer on the 130x now
Old 05-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Enjoy!
+3

I've had my mCPx for over a year now.

I assume the 130x is going to be very durable and inexpensive compared to a 250 or 450 CP helicopter. I assume it is going to be a very expensive and fragile helicopter as compared to the mCPx. i assume for someone new to CP it will not take long to burn through the cost of a new mCPx BNF in 130x crash parts.
megawhacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't even think about it.

You have a spektrum radio - you will go buy an mCP X .

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Enjoy!
+4. An mCPX is the best piece of training gear you can get for something like a 450X

Cause you know you are going to want at least one more bigger heli to fly.
Kumba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll echo everyone else's thoughts. I have hundreds of flights on my mcpx's. They don't get old and still continue flying well after countless crashes with at most minor repairs. I have a 130 on order and a 450x now but still fly the two mcpx's as much as I do anything larger.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

For your first CP, it is inappropriate to try out a completely new and untested model. Most new models have issues that take time to be identified. It is best to leave more experienced pilots to check it out. Another issue is that the 130X is not likely to be anything as durable as the MCPx. This is very important for beginners.
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2012, 02:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mcpx durability is impossible to beat. It will break more than a msrx but any bigger collective pitch heli will break waaay more. It's inexpensive too!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

MCPx, grass lawn or field and throttle hold, you'll learn without breaking the bank on parts.

I recommend buying extra links up front, they get lost easily.

Good learning heli using less sensitive settings. I still use the Mcpx(s) to work out things before using the bigger birds, and it's still fun to play with inside or out in more wind than the MsrX.

Don't recommend flying it indoors until you get half good with it or you will break parts much more frequently. It's also big enough to damage a flat screen, decapitate a plant and break people's prized vases or other glassware..... No matter what, fly safe and have fun.

Lastly, many fliers of this little bird on here, so advice and help readily available.

Tags
upgrade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in